PDA

View Full Version : Back to Freesat

skeggylad
18-05-17, 11:16
Hi My Box has been having issues the more i upgraded it
so what with alot of channels dead i am thinking just making it a super duper freesat box what would be the best and lightest image to put on it?

thanks for any replies

Emulated
18-05-17, 11:30
I thought about that at one time because her indoors kept messing it up saying it was confusing. Maybe a dual boot setup so you can play around at times or simply goto a freesat type of setup. In the end i got her a s/h Freesat box on a small dish which is separate to mine when it was working.

skeggylad
18-05-17, 11:31
still contemplating ultra hd with sly so dunno lol

Andy_Hazza
18-05-17, 11:45
still contemplating ultra hd with sly so dunno lol

If you are daft enough to fill Rupert's pockets up with £90 odd SkyQ monthly subscriptions....... Mental lad. The whole skybox, user interface is just horrendous. e2 wins every time and more to satellite than 28.2 ya know......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeggylad
18-05-17, 13:16
If you are daft enough to fill Rupert's pockets up with £90 odd SkyQ monthly subscriptions....... Mental lad. The whole skybox, user interface is just horrendous. e2 wins every time and more to satellite than 28.2 ya know......

as you said im daft so i have no idea what e2 is ;)

Hawkwind
18-05-17, 13:26
as you said im daft so i have no idea what e2 is ;)

enigma2 :):):):)

joysleep1
18-05-17, 15:14

I agree its expensive. But it is the only way to watch UHD sky sports. I agree that the sky interface is crap. But i do not know how good their sky q boxes are. They might be good.

Andy_Hazza
18-05-17, 15:43
1 UHD channel, hardly justifiable to expect peeps to pay £90 for the premium SkyQ package is it. Robbing bleeders.

joysleep1
18-05-17, 16:05
1 UHD channel, hardly justifiable to expect peeps to pay £90 for the premium SkyQ package is it. Robbing bleeders.

No you will get all the sky sports channels in UHD

Andy_Hazza
18-05-17, 16:12
F1 is stream only not via dish so reliant on your bandwidth. And the footy yeah. Big deal breaker that init.

joysleep1
18-05-17, 16:35
F1 is stream only not via dish so reliant on your bandwidth. And the footy yeah. Big deal breaker that init.

Who said F1 is a stream.?
I spoke to a guy from sky when i was downgrading my package and he said all the UHD channels come from the Sat dish.

Andy_Hazza
18-05-17, 16:37
F1 is defo stream service. Also the Movies are streams.

joysleep1
18-05-17, 16:59
F1 is defo stream service. Also the Movies are streams.

oh ok

Yh if you are massive sports fan and have a 4k tv and you have money. People will pay for sky q. That is why they charge ridiculous money. People Pay

Andy_Hazza
18-05-17, 17:29
I know. I'd love the SkyQ but refuse to pay those prices.

bally12345
19-05-17, 21:19
There was some great deals at the beginning my bro in law got whole pack with mini box for £35 a month for 12 months but did have to pay setup fee.

I prefer my e2 box but forever changing skins and tweaking it. My 2 favourite skins have to be bello and bluehd

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk