PDA

View Full Version : [OS-mini] Stuck on the boot and the Openvix display

Dannyboi2810
17-05-17, 20:55
Hi peeps,

Well okay, my box seems to be stuck on boot via the LCD display on the box and its showing the OpenVix all your support needs screen when ive tried to update using a USB tp the new fireware 5.0.014

Ive tried HP Formatting the Flash Drive (this didn't work)

Unplugged all the cables so its just the power lead and the HDMI cable

Tried downgrading the firmware i.e. Openvix

Tried other USB flash drives that i have used before, with regards to flashing boxes

IS MY BOX DEAD??

Could anybody help me please

Bazzer
17-05-17, 21:25
Which box ?

Dannyboi2810
17-05-17, 21:26
Its a OS Mini

Fresh Pots
08-07-17, 13:14
Its a OS Mini
Did you find a fix? Having exact same issue at the moment.

cactikid
08-07-17, 17:17
is box frozen on the boot screen and nothing happens when pressing menu on remote?

Fresh Pots
08-07-17, 18:39
is box frozen on the boot screen and nothing happens when pressing menu on remote?

Yes, nothing happens when I press menu. It doesn't load as far as viewing a channel. Just hangs on boot. Only way I can get it to boot is flashing a new image and hold the ok button on boot after it's flashed. Then the next time I restart the box I'd have to do the same thing again. It's as if it's not programmed to load the image on boot.

cactikid
08-07-17, 20:52
are you flashing correct image for box and can you see it working as in taking the flash,maybe a bootloader image might need to be done before flashing you main image.

Fresh Pots
08-07-17, 21:13
are you flashing correct image for box and can you see it working as in taking the flash,maybe a bootloader image might need to be done before flashing you main image.

Yes, I tried a couple of different images, I'm now on openatv and after another reflash it has started working again but for how long who knows, the other issue I am having is that the 2nd tuner is showing no signal. Not a cabling/lnb issue as when I swap the two feeds the cable that was working in tuner a stops working once put into tuner B. As yes I have set the config correctly. Signal strenght is excellent on Tuner A, nothing on Tuner B.

How would I check my bootloader version and where would I find the latest?

Andy_Hazza
08-07-17, 21:41
No bootloader for the Edison, so not required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk