PDA

View Full Version : C-band and Ku from same position.

Huevos
18-01-11, 00:02
What do you do when a position has C-band and Ku? Most satellites.xml list both sets of transponders in the same satellite but how can you configure the tuner if it is set like that? Obviously the two bands are going to use different LNBs so how do you configure the tuner to receive both?

silverfox0786
18-01-11, 00:03
use a corotor

im selling one in the sale secion

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3327-Astrotel-PM-93-C-Ku-Co-Rotor-Feedhorn-with-0.5Ku-and-17kC-Band-LNB-New-and-Unused

Huevos
18-01-11, 09:35
That's not what I am asking. I have a motorised C-band dish and motorised Ku-band dish. That's 2 aerials but in the satellites.xml both C-band and Ku-band transponders are listed as one satellite. That means there are only configuration options for one satellite/band at each orbital slot. Also it is not possible to set more than one satellite at any position, and if you do when the box boots it will only read one of them into the tuner configuration. So do I have to fudge the satellite.xml and make up a fake satellite slightly to one side of the real one?

silverfox0786
18-01-11, 18:05
what you can do is set ku band channels to tuner a ku dish and c band channels to tuner b c band dish but this will need to be done manually each channel

if its at all possible

if not your sat xml will need to be edited if you do it by .01 degreee then it shouldnt make a difference

Huevos
18-01-11, 19:16
what you can do is set ku band channels to tuner a ku dish and c band channels to tuner b c band dish but this will need to be done manually each channelThat won't work for me as both tuners are fully tied up. Tuner A has 1 motorised C-band dish, 1 motorised Ku-band and 14 fixed LNBs, and tuner B has 1 motorised Ku-band and 7 fixed.

if not your sat xml will need to be edited if you do it by .01 degreee then it shouldnt make a differenceThat should work. It doesn't matter anyway because it is DiSEqC 1.2, not USALS, it's just that I don't understand why the C and Ku band transponders are mixed together in the satellite.xml if they can't be used that way.