PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Virgin Media

frank
13-05-17, 12:37
Hi,

I have a Vu+ Duo2 and a Vu+ Solo2 currently with Satellite tuners but want to switch to Virgin Media. Can I use an internal cable tuner or will have to use an external USB cable tuner?

Also, I would like to keep the satellite tuner if that's possible.

Any links for the cable tuner.

Thanks

bally12345
13-05-17, 12:40
You can simply add sundtek usb tuner or the vu+ usb tuner. Leave your existing sat feeds in place and configure ABM to scan both.

There's also a plugin do swap missing Sat HD channels with cable HD channels.

Works very well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

frank
13-05-17, 12:52
You can simply add sundtek usb tuner or the vu+ usb tuner. Leave your existing sat feeds in place and configure ABM to scan both.

There's also a plugin do swap missing Sat HD channels with cable HD channels.

Works very well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Which tuner is better - the sundtek usb tuner or the vu+ usb tuner?

Which will give me the best signal levels and which is more easier to use?

If I want a twin cable tuner will I have to buy two USB tuners or can I get a tuner with two feeds?

Andy_Hazza
13-05-17, 12:59
The Vu+ Duo2 is capable of having pluggable internal cable tuners & that is the way I would go 100%. Twin tuner can be found here >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/vu-plus/VU-vuplus-dvb-t-t2-c-hybrid-dual-twin-tuner-module
As for your Vu+ Solo2 you will have to go the usb tuner route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frank
13-05-17, 13:18
The Vu+ Duo2 is capable of having pluggable internal cable tuners & that is the way I would go 100%. Twin tuner can be found here >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/vu-plus/VU-vuplus-dvb-t-t2-c-hybrid-dual-twin-tuner-module
As for your Vu+ Solo2 you will have to go the usb tuner route.

The dual tuner seems to only have one input (RF IN) so how do I get two feeds?

Which USB tuner would you guys recommend - the sundtek usb tuner or the vu+ usb tuner?

timofee
13-05-17, 13:35
I think was answered before - the twin tuner module only needs one feed, but you do get two completely separate tuners inside the plug in module.

I have the original single tuner plug in module and it works very well, and has been trouble free since I installed it.

Andy_Hazza
13-05-17, 14:11
Yeah the Vu+ twin cable I linked you to only needs one cable and has another inbuilt tuner so you can watch one channel & record another. For flexibility you maybe best going with a sundtek tuner as the Vu+ turbo tuner will only work on Vu+'s.

frank
13-05-17, 14:22
Yeah the Vu+ twin cable I linked you to only needs one cable and has another inbuilt tuner so you can watch one channel & record another. For flexibility you maybe best going with a sundtek tuner as the Vu+ turbo tuner will only work on Vu+'s.

So I take it with the USB external tuner (sundtek usb tuner & the vu+ turbo usb tuner) you can only watch one channel or can I buy two USB tuners so I can watch one channel and record another?

Andy_Hazza
13-05-17, 14:28
Yeah thats the issue you have. I've never used usb tuners and have no intention of doing so either, internal pluggable ones will always be best imo, but that isn't always possible. You can have more than one usb tuner, but all depends on how many usb slots you have and you don't really be wanting an ugly looking thing inserted to the front one do ya.

frank
13-05-17, 15:52
What's the best way to get the EPG for Virgin Media on Vu+ - is it with the EPG Refresh plugin?

Andy_Hazza
13-05-17, 16:26
EPG Importer

gear259
13-05-17, 20:00
Whats this channel swap plugin you speak of?

duoduo
13-05-17, 20:27
Dsayers plugin, it's available to download in the feeds

Alanp
14-05-17, 10:42
Dsayers plugin, it's available to download in the feeds

Hi once plugin installed where do you access it from Thanks

dsayers
14-05-17, 10:54
Hi once plugin installed where do you access it from Thanks

Menu, Setup, Service Searching. More info here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55903-Dsayers-custommix-importer-plugin-support-thread you can ignore the ipk part as it is now on feeds.

Best posting in that thread or start a new thread for more information rather than hijacking the OP's thread and going off topic.

garlad
02-06-17, 12:21
Some info for you.
I have a vu+ duo2 with 2 sat tuners
I bought a vu+ usb tuner for cable
All worked well until I tried to switch between a cable channel and a sat channel.
Box freezes.
Had to switch to oscam plugin from cccam, but cable channels not working great using oscam. Have been told to switch back to cccam, in which case I cant switch between cable and sat channels.

Someone did say to try another image. I might try that and see if its a cccam issue or an image issue.