PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be new vu+ duo owner advice if possible.

kingo
17-01-11, 21:22
First off would just like to say hi to everyone.

As soon as i finish this I am off to the forums sponser to purchase a vu+ duo but also have afew questions if anyone can help.

I am pretty much happy with flashing the duo and have made my mind up to use the vix image seems to be popular, I plan to set up tuner A to my motorised dish and Tuner B to my fixed Sky dish will this casue any problems using 2 dishes ?

once I have it all set up with the image can anyone recommend some enigma 2 settings i quite like the look of the silverfox settings as it appears set up just like sly, but having the motorized dish would like more as plan to use european sats to, catseyes seems ok but would really like to use silverfox to as it should be easy enough for my wife and kids to use if I am out and just leave it on 28e, is it possible to use both settings ?

also like the idea of picons can you get them for all providers ?

thanks for any help guys

Trev (kingo)

pooface
17-01-11, 21:29
First off would just like to say hi to everyone.

As soon as i finish this I am off to the forums sponser to purchase a vu+ duo but also have afew questions if anyone can help.

I am pretty much happy with flashing the duo and have made my mind up to use the vix image seems to be popular, I plan to set up tuner A to my motorised dish and Tuner B to my fixed Sky dish will this casue any problems using 2 dishes ?

once I have it all set up with the image can anyone recommend some enigma 2 settings i quite like the look of the silverfox settings as it appears set up just like sly, but having the motorized dish would like more as plan to use european sats to, catseyes seems ok but would really like to use silverfox to as it should be easy enough for my wife and kids to use if I am out and just leave it on 28e, is it possible to use both settings ?

also like the idea of picons can you get them for all providers ?

thanks for any help guys

Trev (kingo)

Hey Trev.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for supporting us by going to the sponser :)

First off, I'd recommend using Tuner A as the fixed sky dish, and Tuner B as the motorised... This way, as a standard, Tuner A will always be used whenver you use 28.2, leaving B free to use any other satellite. If you have Tuner A as the motorised, and want to record 28.2, then the motor will be used for 28.2, meaning you won't be able to use any of the other Satellites until recording has finisehd...

As for settings, you can always mix and match the catseye/vhannibal settings with silverfox's... If you're nice enough to silverfox, he might even incorporate them for you ;) :p

As for picons, I have create a set which use most of the satellites from the mimi74 settings here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?4454-HD-Round-Mimi74-Motor-Set-Bundled)... Using them myself perfectly fine ... although I need to update them for the latest changes...

Any further questions, just come back :)

kingo
17-01-11, 21:37
Well just placed my order as off for 5 days after tomorrow so should have enough time to have a good old play around, thanks for the quick reply i am new to using dreambox edit is there any guides on how i can mix them or is just a case of send both to the vu+, thanks also for the heads up on the tuners or I would have been scratching my bald head for days.

judge
17-01-11, 21:46
Using dreambox edit you can open one set of bouquets & then import another so you get both sets, edit as you like and then transfer to the VU

kingo
18-01-11, 15:02
Right I have everything ready for setting up my duo when it arrives, one last question i have a blank cccam.cfg file, once i have downloaded the latest version of cccam via the plugins do i just put the information I have been given into the cfg and save to var/etc folder. ?

Sicilian
18-01-11, 15:06
Right I have everything ready for setting up my duo when it arrives, one last question i have a blank cccam.cfg file, once i have downloaded the latest version of cccam via the plugins do i just put the information I have been given into the cfg and save to var/etc folder. ?

Thats basically it, yes.

pooface
18-01-11, 15:43

As Sic says, yes... But, it just goes in to /etc/ (although I think /var/etc works as it's probably been made a symlink)

Sicilian
18-01-11, 15:46
As Sic says, yes... But, it just goes in to /etc/ (although I think /var/etc works as it's probably been made a symlink)

Yep /var/etc symlinks to /etc ;)

kingo
19-01-11, 13:02
well the duo has arrived and i am fitting the hdd but low and behold it dont fit in the hdd bracket apeears to big iv got 500gb western digital caviar green should i have got a 2.5 ?

kingo
19-01-11, 13:04
ignore me im a plank just turned it over lol

Sicilian
19-01-11, 13:06
well the duo has arrived and i am fitting the hdd but low and behold it dont fit in the hdd bracket apeears to big iv got 500gb western digital caviar green should i have got a 2.5 ?

The HDD fits on top of the bracket, step by step guide here ;) http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2894-Disc-installation-initialisation-illustrated-tutorial-v2

kingo
19-01-11, 14:17
Right formated my scandisk cruzer 5gb usb drive in windows 7 to fat32 unzip the vix image into the usb this created a vuplus folder and inside that is duo and then again iside that are the 3 files, turned on the duo for the first time with the usb in the front and it just loaded with default vu+ image with enigma 2 laoding on the bottom right from tgere it went throught the wizard and i set up my tuners, then wondered why it did not flash when i first turned on so turned off again and the back on and still did not flash just bak to vuplus screen with enigma 2 loading bottom corner but can access sky freeview on tuner A, re formated the usb again and re installed the software re started and did not flash again, any ideas ?

Sicilian
19-01-11, 14:21
Try a different USB stick. Some usb sticks just wont detect for flashing.

kingo
19-01-11, 15:12
thanks for the tip luckily i had another lying around which read and worked fine, i am now up and running, I am currently watching fta is the using catseye settings is fivehd and 4hd not fta ?

kingo
19-01-11, 17:34
right all up and running apart from cfg file, just waiting for a few replies back, must say was pretty easy apart from the usb not being read, what did confuse me was i used my usb to put some picons on then slotted in the rear usb, then pressed blue went into vix but could not find anything that would aloow me to point to the usb nothing at all, rebooted the box and the picons are showing but nowhere for me to have the option to manually tell it where they are. very impressed so far just a little confused working my way around the different button presses, what is zapping seen it in cooltvguide still not sure what i am doing with all these things yet lol

bouncy
19-01-11, 19:44
Zapping is used if looking through EPG and u see something you'd like to watch. Click Zap and the EPG disappears and you go onto that channel :-)

kingo
20-01-11, 11:44
do i put a newcamd.cfg in the same place as the cccam.cfg and do I need to install something other than cccam ? thanks

pooface
20-01-11, 11:48
do i put a newcamd.cfg in the same place as the cccam.cfg and do I need to install something other than cccam ? thanks

That's all dependant on which cams you're using... Never seen newcamd for vu duo, so don't think it;ll work... Newcs doesn't work either on the duo. Oscam works, but isn't the easiest to set up ;) Also, cccam should be fine for reading most cards, so you shouldn't need anything else...

Also, be careful where you go with your questions, as certain discussion cannot be talked about on here ;)

Donnie
20-01-11, 11:52
Newcamd will not run on this box as it was only ever made for ppc
What is it that you are trying to do with newcamd ?

kingo
20-01-11, 11:53
thanks for that wont bother with it will stay as I am, vu+ has been real easy to setup and use. have to say and excellent service from the site sponser to, all the helps been very much appreciated and a pleasant suprise compared to some boards..

kingo
20-01-11, 11:55
what does a Nline go into thought that was newcamd ?

kingo
20-01-11, 12:04
excellent so quick this for answers...

Sicilian
20-01-11, 12:04
what does a Nline go into thought that was newcamd ?

An N line can be used with CCcam in you CCcam.cfg

Fekker
20-01-11, 23:33
Just got mine today and can't d/l cccam, what image are you using?

bassethound
20-01-11, 23:41
If it arrived today it will come with the default image from vu that does not have a download server you will have to add a image from VIX/VTI//PLI/BLACKHOLE all are in the image download section

Since you are at the home of the VIX image why not try ours below

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?4339-VIX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-v1.3-04-12-2010

Fekker
21-01-11, 00:27
Just tried VIX image and it keeps crashing. I tried BH but as you know, I can't d/l any cams, trying to find out how to do it manually is a nightmare.

bassethound
21-01-11, 01:03
after you instal vix you must do the online updates via blue button software management/software update