PDA

View Full Version : Should I upgrade to Vix 5.xx yet?

woodbar
08-05-17, 10:41
I have been holding off upgrading from the last V4 as there seemed to be various problems with drivers and other things when the ET8500 was flashed with V5?

I noticed a couple of days ago that it is now on 5.0.13 - has this now cured the problems or should I wait a little longer?

When I do upgrade to 5, can I still restore my settings backup?

azael
08-05-17, 11:34
I just got one of these boxes and have upgraded to latest VIX (I hadn't realised there had been problems) so far everything seems to be ok no freezing or crashing etc. I can't help with restoring settings causing problems as I did a completely fresh set up so don't know if that will cause any issues

ccs
08-05-17, 11:53
If the OP is on 4.1, then a settings restore won't be available.

Andy_Hazza
08-05-17, 12:04
I have been holding off upgrading from the last V4 as there seemed to be various problems with drivers and other things when the ET8500 was flashed with V5?

I noticed a couple of days ago that it is now on 5.0.13 - has this now cured the problems or should I wait a little longer?

When I do upgrade to 5, can I still restore my settings backup?

Its always good to do a clean setup from time to time without any restores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodbar
15-05-17, 01:52
Yes, sorry I was not clear in my original post - my box is on 4.2.30 and I only realised about the change to V5 when I noticed I had not had any updates for several weeks!

So my question should have read - is it safe (advisable) to now update from 4.2.30 to V5.xx yet?

1554leslie
15-05-17, 01:56
If your bored then have a play around but take a backup before reflashing,If all working fine then why bother

Huevos
15-05-17, 12:17
is it safe (advisable) to now update from 4.2.30 to V5.xx yet?Safe? How? If we weren't happy with the image we would not have released it.

woodbar
15-05-17, 13:01
Well I did put "advisable" in brackets to modify my meaning of "safe".

So the people I saw that were having problems with drivers (I believe) after changing to V5 were not really having problems?

I only asked a question?

twol
15-05-17, 13:33
Well I did put "advisable" in brackets to modify my meaning of "safe".

So the people I saw that were having problems with drivers (I believe) after changing to V5 were not really having problems?

I only asked a question?
I am not aware of any current issues on this receiver - and I would normally be aware of any issues on my current receivers:)

woodbar
16-05-17, 18:53
OK, thanks for the helpful and informative answer.;)

I will give it a try in that case.