PDA

View Full Version : VU display problems and locking up.

mrgee
16-05-10, 20:54
Hi

Has anyone else had any problems with the picture showing the bootlogo and/or the present/last tv picture together ?

I have tried the original, Vti and dream elite images and this problem appears on all of them. It will work for a bit then suddenly show this problem when I change channels. The box then becomes really slow, sometimes taking 30 seconds or so to change channels. I can select meus's but navigating them is really slow. The only way to sort it out is to reflash the image and start again.

It could be that the image is being corrupted when installing it from the USB stick so I am going to try another USB stick tomorrow, but if anyone else has any other suggestions they would be very welcome........ the AZ box is on the verge of being brought back out of its box and replacing the VU under the telly.( I never thought I'd be saying that!)

Sicilian
16-05-10, 20:57
First re-flash with one of the latest images either latest original 4.6, VTI 1.0 or Dream Elite 1.3.2. Then test on FTA channels with no other addons and report back.

mrgee
17-05-10, 14:37
Hi Sicilian,

This is where i'm up to so far....

I have unplugged the drive from my box and I am also using a scart lead as output to my TV so I could eliminate the HD and the HDMI cable

I flashed Dream elite 1.3.2 image. It loaded OK, so I scanned 28E in and then viewed a FTA channel. This was OK also.
I then powered down the box using the power buttom on the remote.
When I powered back up the box booted back up, breifly displayed the information bar showing the last channel I was on, and still displayed the loading enigma2 screen. This stayed on for about 5 minutes until eventually the actual TV picture was displayed.
I then changed channels and had to wait a few minutes for the correct channel to be displayed again. During this time, I could navigate my channels in the menu but the response from the bos would be slower than usual.

I then reflashed with the original 4.5 image, did the same procedure. This time everyting was OK.

So I then thought I may have a corrupt image, so I redownloaded the dream-elite 1.3.2 image and reflashed using this image. The problem re-appeared.

I have just reflashed the dream-elite image using the nfi/ serial cable method instead of the USB method. I am at the point where it says in the utility that the flash process has finished and 'continuing...' is displayed on the box LCD panel. Am I OK to reset the bos at this time ?

Retired member
17-05-10, 14:41
Just out of interest do you have a HDD installed in the receiver?

mrgee
17-05-10, 14:45
HI,

Yes I did. It was a WD 500GB Caviar Blue but I have disconnected it so I could eliminate it.

Just to update things, I have reset the box . It has booted up ok so I am just scanning in 28E at present.

Sicilian
17-05-10, 14:52
Keep us posted mrgee.

mrgee
17-05-10, 15:08
I have finished scanning in the satellite.

Just selected a FTA channel, turned the box off and back on again and I still have the same problem.

I will try the latest VTI image to see how I get on with that.

mrgee
17-05-10, 15:32
I have installed the VTI image and gone through the same test and it seems to be working ok. I will use the box on FTA channels for the next few hours to see how things go.

mrgee
17-05-10, 17:23
Just a quick update.

Non FTA channels are also working now.

I did scan another satellite and the box locked up again. When I looked at the info bar the signal was changing to either 0 or 99 % which is why I wasn't getting a picture and just the boot screen.

Did a factory reset and scanned 28E and everything was ok again

It looks like my switches are nott set up quite right or the box just doesnt like them. I'll have a mess around with then later on in the week and report back.

martinmc666
02-07-10, 01:05
Had the same thing happen to me, it also knocked out my hard disk so i could not record. How did you resolve this ?
I have reflashed the original VTI Image and have slowly added plugins, and so far so good. I shall report back if it goes again.