PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] vix image update new drivers released for gigablue

alll
05-05-17, 22:59
can you tell me please when there will be a new update as gigablue have released new drivers that cure the freeze problem in recorded play back in gigablue quad plus boxes with a certain chipset that is used opean atv have had this update on there image for the last 3 to 4 days and i have used it with no problems what so ever any comment on this please ............

abu baniaz
05-05-17, 23:18
The OE-A image teams share the repository. When we next run an image, it will contain the latest drivers.

alll
05-05-17, 23:22
do we have any idea when this will be

Sicilian
06-05-17, 05:53
do we have any idea when this will be

Hopefully in next few days.

Tkr001
06-05-17, 22:12
In the meantime you could just copy the drivers from the ATV image to a vix image....

divil_a_bit
06-05-17, 23:34
You can download the driver from here:
http://archiv.openmips.com/beta/gigablue-drivers-4.8.3-BCM7356-20170502.zip

Make a full image backup and also copy this file somewhere where you can retrieve it if something goes wrong:

/lib/modules/4.8.3/extra/dvb.ko

Then unzip what you just downloaded and overwrite this file:
/lib/modules/4.8.3/extra/dvb.ko

Is there a list of issues fixed in this latest driver release?

ccs
07-05-17, 09:29
All I can see is fix ci-slots.

madaboutlotus
08-05-17, 16:46
can you tell me please when there will be a new update as gigablue have released new drivers that cure the freeze problem in recorded play back in gigablue quad plus boxes with a certain chipset that is used opean atv have had this update on there image for the last 3 to 4 days and i have used it with no problems what so ever any comment on this please ............
strange I flashed openATV version 6 and it made no difference. I will try this copy of the driver set. Worth a go I suppose.