PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] Lots of hangs and crashes

divil_a_bit
04-05-17, 09:59
I have 2 GB Quad+ receivers. I was using Hades 018 on both until recently - both receivers were bullet proof, no crashes or hangs.

I've upgraded to 5.0.11 - clean install (no restore). Receiver A has a 1TB HD, receiver B has an 8GB usb stick for picons + timeshift buffer.
Receiver A has never crashed and is 100% reliable.
Receiver B has suffered from boot loop issues and random hangs.
I hope this (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55483-Boot-loop) has fixed the boot loop - I suspect it has.
However, it hasn't fixed the hangs.
I've noticed hangs when loading the EPG. I've also noticed hangs when using timeshift. Each time the box hangs, I get the on-screen spinner and I have to power cycle the receiver to recover.

I don't have logs for the hangs.

Any ideas or suggestions I could try? Could it be related to the USB stick?

ccs
04-05-17, 14:56
Is 8GB big enough for the timeshift buffer? - it could be a bit tight if you don't go into standby very often to empty it out.

Andy_Hazza
04-05-17, 15:24
I would personally test with a bigger capacity usb flash drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leshay
04-05-17, 15:43
Hi
Same box. Timeshift disabled. Many crashes to constant spinner - no log created - only way out is switch off/on. Every crash has been when recordings started or trying to start. I have 4 sat tuners and no clashes shown when setting timers. Seems anything more than 2 simultaneous recordings starting causes crash.
I have no plugins and using default settings from clean reflash to 013 (same happened on other 5.0.xxx versions)

ccs
04-05-17, 15:47
... sounds like a completely different problem.

divil_a_bit
04-05-17, 17:23
I used Hades 018 with the 8GB USB stick for well over a year and never had any issues.

I've sent the refresh rate to 50Hz

Andy_Hazza
04-05-17, 17:48
Hi
Same box. Timeshift disabled. Many crashes to constant spinner - no log created - only way out is switch off/on. Every crash has been when recordings started or trying to start. I have 4 sat tuners and no clashes shown when setting timers. Seems anything more than 2 simultaneous recordings starting causes crash.
I have no plugins and using default settings from clean reflash to 013 (same happened on other 5.0.xxx versions)

What softcam are you using?

leshay
04-05-17, 20:06
What softcam are you using?

No SoftCam - don't even know what it (they?) are. Just using FreeSat.

Andy_Hazza
04-05-17, 20:09
No SoftCam - don't even know what it (they?) are. Just using FreeSat.

Okie. What is your setup? Tuner configs? Where are you storing your EPG data etc? You are probably best creating your own post/thread?

leshay
04-05-17, 20:42
Okie. What is your setup? Tuner configs? Where are you storing your EPG data etc? You are probably best creating your own post/thread?

OK, will start a new thread.