PDA

View Full Version : IPTV - Creating Bouquets, adding EPG and deleting unwanted content

Montay
02-05-17, 14:14
I have a VU+ Solo 2 with Openvix and I'm looking to move to IPTV.

I have tested a server or two but I find that it's very disorganised. It's just a huge list of channels by location but even that can be hit and miss as they sometimes split channel lists from the same location to different ends of the same bouquet.

Also it takes forever to find a channel you are looking for. There is no recording or EPG.

Finally there is a lot of 'Adult content' which I dont want but it seems to pop up all over the channel list and especially in VOD. One server had adult VOD right next to kids VOD.

How can you ensure all this content is removed?

I'm sure lots of people have these questions about IPTV right now so some advice and maybe a guide would be very helpful.

arkles
02-05-17, 14:23
Xc plugin will give you bouquets and now and next

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Huevos
02-05-17, 14:25
How can you ensure all this content is removed?

I'm sure lots of people have these questions about IPTV right now so some advice and maybe a guide would be very helpful.I can't be removed automatically. So just don't add it in the first place.

Andy_Hazza
02-05-17, 14:25
Xc plugin will give you bouquets and now and next

Its like going back to the good old days of Skybox f3's. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montay
02-05-17, 16:48
Its like going back to the good old days of Skybox f3's. lol

It was teams like the OpenVix project who changed that. Do we know if OpenVIX are planning on revolutionizing IPTV too?

Ford1
02-05-17, 18:49
A program called echannalizer will allow you to load a M3U playlist and edit it around, and also assign stream reference for the channel, it is long winded and if your provider changes the playlist order stuff will mess up, I have a pure uk list and load that and assign the service ref, then load as a bouquet to my box. works great and allows recording as the box can read the epg data to set timers

arkles
02-05-17, 19:16
A program called echannalizer will allow you to load a M3U playlist and edit it around, and also assign stream reference for the channel, it is long winded and if your provider changes the playlist order stuff will mess up, I have a pure uk list and load that and assign the service ref, then load as a bouquet to my box. works great and allows recording as the box can read the epg data to set timers
Play it cool, big improvements for IPTV technology around the corner

arkles
02-05-17, 19:17
The carrry on at the moment was the push that was needed, i expect all providers to provide full auto EPG on enigma2 shortly

Andy_Hazza
02-05-17, 19:23
The carrry on at the moment was the push that was needed, i expect all providers to provide full auto EPG on enigma2 shortly

I've seen IPTV in action, and if thats the best they can offer I'd rather pass on it. Only time will tell I guess.....

1554leslie
02-05-17, 19:23
All iptv providers have the option of adding full epg if they use the xtream app,Its down to the cost at the moment weather they choose to pay the extra for that option

arkles
02-05-17, 19:28
Xtream app do you mean the xc plugin one ?

dsayers
02-05-17, 20:34
There's XtreamTV Plugin

Not the older xc plugin

seame
02-05-17, 20:36
I've seen IPTV in action, and if thats the best they can offer I'd rather pass on it. Only time will tell I guess.....

It must have been a while ago or the service you were getting wasn't setup correctly. I've sampled a couple and I'm very impressed with the quality.

Tbh I had your impression of iptv before I tried it again recently and wasn't expecting great quality with live sports or fast moving action but it's every bit as good as satellite. The HD streams are of a better standard than what is available on 28.2 although that wouldn't be too hard. The only thing that I don't like is the time delay (1-2 minutes) Tbh it only bugs me when I'm watching live sport as a like to have a wee bet

arkles
02-05-17, 21:07
There's XtreamTV Plugin

Not the older xc plugin
I presume this is closed shop and not downloadable for e2 ?, Thanks

arkles
02-05-17, 21:11
Just done a Google, appears to use an id and possibly a Mac address, no XML file to edit i think

dsayers
I presume this is closed shop and not downloadable for e2 ?, Thanks

Yes it's linked to your boxes mac addresses that's probably all I can say about it without braking the forum I rules. I don't use it myself I just use echannelizer

arkles
Well if you don't use it, i certainly won't 🙂

Bazzer
02-05-17, 21:31
It must have been a while ago or the service you were getting wasn't setup correctly. I've sampled a couple and I'm very impressed with the quality.

Tbh I had your impression of iptv before I tried it again recently and wasn't expecting great quality with live sports or fast moving action but it's every bit as good as satellite. The HD streams are of a better standard than what is available on 28.2 although that wouldn't be too hard. The only thing that I don't like is the time delay (1-2 minutes) Tbh it only bugs me when I'm watching live sport as a like to have a wee bet

Tried a few myself and to be honest impressed with the HD quality needs lots of work with epg and listings but overall it's a ten from Len :thumbsup:

seame
02-05-17, 21:48
Tried a few myself and to be honest impressed with the HD quality needs lots of work with epg and listings but overall it's a ten from Len :thumbsup:

Epg and listings are what you make of them.

It didn't take me long to sort the above with just the remote

Ford1
02-05-17, 22:07
how did you apply the epg stream ref using just the remote?

seame
02-05-17, 22:11
I didn't have to do anything CrossEPG automatically synced with UK listings

dsayers
02-05-17, 22:24
I didn't have to do anything CrossEPG automatically synced with UK listings

Your provider must have the references in the m3u streams. Most don't do it normally so it needs doing manually

daz450
02-05-17, 22:28
Who do you get the service from?

dsayers
02-05-17, 23:28
Anyway back to the original post if there in bouquets try Abu's command in here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands to delete all channel data. The issue is if you're using a script that runs on boot they will appear back so a reflash will be best, so it's always good to have a clean backup before messing with IPTV

joysleep1
03-05-17, 12:19
i dont like that IPTV streams are like 40 seconds behind.

malcolmp
03-05-17, 12:32
[QUOTE=seame;448510 The only thing that I don't like is the time delay (1-2 minutes) Tbh it only bugs me when I'm watching live sport as a like to have a wee bet[/QUOTE]

I bet your favourite film is "The Sting"

RS2k
31-05-17, 10:22
Hmmm....I'm trying IPTV on my VU+ Duo. Picture quality is good but the epg isn't. I can't pause/rewind or record so far. Is there any easy way to get the IPTV channels listed on the existing epg?

RS2k
31-05-17, 10:36
Hmmm....I'm trying IPTV on my VU+ Duo. XtreamTV is installed. Picture quality is good but the epg isn't. I can't pause/rewind or record so far. Is there any easy way to get the IPTV channels listed on the existing epg?

Andy_Hazza
31-05-17, 10:37
Hmmm....I'm trying IPTV on my VU+ Duo. Picture quality is good but the epg isn't. I can't pause/rewind or record so far. Is there any easy way to get the IPTV channels listed on the existing epg?

Timeshift isn't possible with IPTV Streams. No easy way for the epg. You will need to spend some time and use e-channelizer on your computer to read your IPTV Bouquets, tidy them up and link your epg to each IPTV Stream.

Huevos
31-05-17, 11:33
Timeshift isn't possible with IPTV Streams. No easy way for the epg.Timeshift should be possible if the stream is http. EPG will work if the stream includes the EIT now/next PID.

RS2k
31-05-17, 11:46
Interesting stuff.

I took the optional XC Enigma2 Plugin when ordering.

I had a look at Menu of the box: Plugins: EPG-Importer: Sources (blue button)

There's loads of Rytec options listed including Rytec XMLTV, Rytec UK XMLTV, and Rytec V*rgin UK XMLTV. There's also another just called "UK".

Are these significant (I hope they are) and if so which one should I highlight and save?

Huevos
31-05-17, 12:00
How is it going to co-relate the EPG to the service? Like I said stream needs EIT or a matching service ref.

RS2k
31-05-17, 12:07
Ignore - duplication. Sorry.

RS2k
31-05-17, 12:13
I have no idea Huevos. I'm pretty green on all this stuff. There is a limited epg listed alongside the IPTV channels in the XtreamTV area as is. I just want to bring that into the main epg so I can record etc.

Could saving one of those XMLTV files do any harm? If not I'll try it.

Andy_Hazza
31-05-17, 12:26
Timeshift should be possible if the stream is http. EPG will work if the stream includes the EIT now/next PID.

No Andy.B confirmed Timeshift has been disable for IPTV Streams.

nibbenjamin
31-05-17, 19:50
No Andy.B confirmed Timeshift has been disable for IPTV Streams.

Any chance it can be enabled? Seems it's possible on Wooshbuild?

simono5
31-05-17, 20:49
E-Channelizer for me add's the new IPTV Bouquet but when running ABM it duplicates all my other Bouquet's and for the life of me I can't work out how to reduce the duplicates. Re-importing them into E-Channelizer, deleting and then sending back to box makes no difference. Any ideas?

Andy_Hazza
31-05-17, 21:18
In E-Channelizer delete the ABM Bouquets & just keep your IPTV Bouquets. Save. Write back to your stb. Rerun ABM, problem solved!

nibbenjamin
31-05-17, 21:37
In E-Channelizer delete the ABM Bouquets & just keep your IPTV Bouquets. Save. Write back to your stb. Rerun ABM, problem solved!

I've just got Freesat and my IPTV bouquets now

shocky_uk
06-06-17, 13:15
Hey all,

Reading the IPTV threads with great interest. I am currently running Vu+ Duo2 using IPTV, I've been testing with my provider using the rubbish app (x-stream or something) and now with m3u files. The provider gave me 3 items, m3u link, command (to install the bouquet) and a third more interesting XML EPG link.

So far I've got some bouquets (provided and custom) and played linking the EPG data with E-Channelizer which works...but I am curious if anyone knows how I can use the provided XML link from the provider?

Also curious with E-Channelizer if you guys found a way to build a list from file/url customise and import to update? I am worried that all the time I spend building nice bouquets and linking will be wasted next update :) You almost need a way to create your template from file and like update sources option?

Cheers
Dan

gibbletts
06-06-17, 14:28
The xml epg link is normally for kodi use

Blu-ray
07-06-17, 17:30
Any chance it can be enabled? Seems it's possible on Wooshbuild? Very disappointed after purchasing the Mut@nt HD51 4k & using the best image Vix on my receiver to find that Timeshift does not work with iptv. Yet the the crappy old Zgemma box's with the worst image Wooshbuild has it working with iptv. Are we the only members who would like this enabled in Vix ???

judge
07-06-17, 19:34
Very disappointed after purchasing the Mut@nt HD51 4k & using the best image Vix on my receiver to find that Timeshift does not work with iptv. Yet the the crappy old Zgemma box's with the worst image Wooshbuild has it working with iptv. Are we the only members who would like this enabled in Vix ???
Try comparing the results of both boxes using:

opkg list-installed gstreamer*

To see if any modules need installing.

Blu-ray
07-06-17, 19:41
Try comparing the results of both boxes using:

opkg list-installed gstreamer*

To see if any modules need installing. I don't think i am going to find any of my friends with a Crappy box to test lol.

Willmoore
07-06-17, 20:25
I said on another thread that the iptv set up on my Mutant HD51 was ALMOST perfect - enabling timeshift would remove the ALMOST.
Can someone explain to me (in simple terms) why this is disabled :confused:

Blu-ray
07-06-17, 20:47
I said on another thread that the iptv set up on my Mutant HD51 was ALMOST perfect - enabling timeshift would remove the ALMOST.
Can someone explain to me (in simple terms) why this is disabled :confused: Looked up a old thread about timeshift not working in streams from 24/4/16 looks like the Vix team just gave up think it was to much for them as they could not agree if it was a bug or driver related.

Huevos
08-06-17, 02:31
Why would you want to timeshift an IPTV stream? Is it a live stream? Is it a 4097 service?

nibbenjamin
08-06-17, 07:15
Why would you want to timeshift an IPTV stream? Is it a live stream? Is it a 4097 service?

Same reason as anything if your watching the cricket and you need a piss I suppose! [emoji23]

Andy_Hazza
08-06-17, 07:22

Yeah the IPTV Streams I've tested are live streams. They usually are a 4097 service which caused issues with audio/lip sync. I changed my little test to 1:xx:xx:xx etc etc and that fixed the audio/sync issue. I spoke to Andy.B about it last week and he says the Timeshift function was disabled for IPTV as it needs the ability to record & the majority of the time that is very hit and miss.

Blu-ray
08-06-17, 10:59
Yeah the IPTV Streams I've tested are live streams. They usually are a 4097 service which caused issues with audio/lip sync. I changed my little test to 1:xx:xx:xx etc etc and that fixed the audio/sync issue. I spoke to Andy.B about it last week and he says the Timeshift function was disabled for IPTV as it needs the ability to record & the majority of the time that is very hit and miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk It must be some time ago Andy.B done this test as we have had several changes to the Vix image with new kernels ect. Could you ask Andy.B to test again this time with the latest Vix image and using one of the latest receivers like the Mut@nt HD51 IPTV READY which has no problems recording iptv or a 4K receiver as the previous test was done using a old Vix image and not a iptv ready stb.

SayyiD
29-06-17, 20:16
E-Channelizer for me add's the new IPTV Bouquet but when running ABM it duplicates all my other Bouquet's and for the life of me I can't work out how to reduce the duplicates. Re-importing them into E-Channelizer, deleting and then sending back to box makes no difference. Any ideas?

Not any more! E-Channelizer v4 is now fully compatible with ABM and similar plugins.

Andy_Hazza
29-06-17, 20:20
I think E-Channelizer is Awesome. A fantastic tool.

SayyiD
29-06-17, 20:30
So far I've got some bouquets (provided and custom) and played linking the EPG data with E-Channelizer which works...but I am curious if anyone knows how I can use the provided XML link from the provider?

Also curious with E-Channelizer if you guys found a way to build a list from file/url customise and import to update? I am worried that all the time I spend building nice bouquets and linking will be wasted next update :)

Working on adding more IPTV/EPG functionalities to make it easier ;)