PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Stream during standby

joetwizzy
01-05-17, 21:37
Does anyone know where the setting is (if there is one), to stop steaming when the box goes into standby?

Regards,

Joe

ccs
01-05-17, 21:52
.....put the box into deep standby.:)

birdman
02-05-17, 02:02
Does anyone know where the setting is (if there is one), to stop steaming when the box goes into standby?You could stop the client.
If you don't know who the client is then you have a totally different (and real) problem.

joetwizzy
02-05-17, 17:40
Deep standby does work but it isn't quite as elegant. I thought there was a setting that during normal standby it would stop stream (and disconnect the softcams)?

joetwizzy
03-05-17, 20:07
So VIX is genuinely designed to keep streaming, using large amounts of my data and bandwidth while in standby mode? This is surely a design flaw?

BubbleBalls
03-05-17, 20:12
Not a flaw at all. Essential in a household with several E2 machines / PCs etc for sharing recordings, tuners and fallback settings.

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

ronand
03-05-17, 20:25
So VIX is genuinely designed to keep streaming, using large amounts of my data and bandwidth while in standby mode? This is surely a design flaw?

How is it a design flaw? In standby mode only the video output is turned off - the rest of the receiver is still running. In deep standby almost everything is shut down. It is up to you to control what is accessing the receiver.

joetwizzy
03-05-17, 20:42
How is it a design flaw? In standby mode only the video output is turned off - the rest of the receiver is still running. In deep standby almost everything is shut down. It is up to you to control what is accessing the receiver.
Because the majority of the time when you turn your box into standby you do not want watch it. So I'll be streaming the channel all day and night while thinking I've turned the box off. If I put my Apple TV in standby it stops streaming, as I assume so will nearly every smartTV box.

Even my dm500 enigma1 machine had a setting that would turn cams off on standby.

Not a flaw at all. Essential in a household with several E2 machines / PCs etc for sharing recordings, tuners and fallback settings.

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

That would come in handy for some. But that doesn't mean you should ignore those without multiple boxes. All I want is a setting.

Tkr001
03-05-17, 23:57
There is a setting it's called deep standby

birdman
04-05-17, 09:32
Because the majority of the time when you turn your box into standby you do not want watch it. So I'll be streaming the channel all day and night while thinking I've turned the box off.Where is this streaming going? Presumably someone is watching it. So let them switch off the streaming client if they aren't watching it.