PDA

View Full Version : [OS-mini] Back to back timer conflict should be editable by less than 1 whole minute

GezAndJaack
01-05-17, 16:20
Is it true that two timers "back to back" create a conflict? It seems from this (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?32304-auto-timer-problems) and this (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38908-Auto-timer-conflicts-help) thread that "back to back" counts as a clash, for that split second, and that the only option is to remove a minute from one of the timers.

Really? A whole minute? That is way too long. On my old HTPC setup with DVBViewer I could always set timers to start/end at the same minute of the clock.

Surely I'm missing something - I can't quite believe this is considered acceptable on such mature and clever software. Can I somehow remove 1 second from a timer instead of a whole minute? If I am not currently able to do this please consider this a feature request!

Alternatively, can I ignore a conflict and let the STB switch late? Will that work? How would I ignore a conflict?

bmitie
01-05-17, 17:10
just experiment will only take a minute:)

GezAndJaack
01-05-17, 17:26
just experiment will only take a minute:)
Hi bmitie - do you mean experiment with ignoring the conflict? I was just experimenting this morning. I coudn't work out how to get rid of the timer sanity edit menu. What am I missing? And will this give me what I want - a slightly late switch?

birdman
01-05-17, 18:27
Is it true that two timers "back to back" create a conflict? Yes, to the extent that you can't start a recording on one mux/frequency immediately after finishing using a different one.
It might take some time to set things up (including moving the dish?) so there has to be at least a one minute gap.

GezAndJaack
01-05-17, 19:15
Yes, to the extent that you can't start a recording on one mux/frequency immediately after finishing using a different one.
It might take some time to set things up (including moving the dish?) so there has to be at least a one minute gap.

As you say, it might. What if it actually takes just a second or so? Can't the software just sort that out, simply switching as soon as it can? With a notification to that effect, if you like. I don't mind an alert saying one of my timers might start late, but I very much mind having to take a minute off a timer just because of a built-in default.

leshay
01-05-17, 19:41
Hi
As I use a PC application to set Timers on my GigaBlue Quad Plus, and to avoid the back to back issue, I send a 10 sec start/end time inc/dec. That seems to stop conflicts being detected in back to back situations. (I only have a fixed dish though).

birdman
01-05-17, 20:52
As you say, it might. What if it actually takes just a second or so?A fact that isn't known when the timers are being set.
Basically it doesn't work that way,.