PDA

View Full Version : IPTV recording and EPG

thejoker
30-04-17, 16:00
What options are they to get IPTV recording and EPG on e2 boxes running latest fix. Ive read this was possible on old vix images but is it possible now or be made possible with tweaks. I doubt recording and changing channel will hardly be possible but hoping to get a bit of recording at least.

dbmx
30-04-17, 16:48
I made EPG for IPTV using E channelizer for my uno 4K running latest open vix. recodes iptv channels fine as long as you are not watching the iptv channels , it needs to be on Freeview.

JonMMM
30-04-17, 17:11
I made EPG for IPTV using E channelizer for my uno 4K running latest open vix. recodes iptv channels fine as long as you are not watching the iptv channels , it needs to be on Freeview.

Can yu share the freeview M3U list please

duoduo
30-04-17, 18:33

Can you show some screen shots of this please?

joetwizzy
30-04-17, 19:46
I managed it by copying a real channel reference i.e. "1:0:19:1b1d:802:2:11a0000:0:0:0:" to the IPTV channel. Then use crossEPG as normal to download the EPG.

dbmx
30-04-17, 19:54
Don't know how to do screen shoots sorry duoduo.
I just down loaded E channelizer and followed a guide on YouTube. (Its very time consuming)
When you have E channelizer just connect to your box and you can download your bouquet's then copy the reference numbers to your IPTV bouquets.

seame
30-04-17, 22:00
I use CrossEPG which populated my iptv epg automatically

gdmm
02-05-17, 02:01
I use CrossEPG which populated my iptv epg automatically

Did you use the IPTV Bouquet plugin to do this?

seame
02-05-17, 08:02
Did you use the IPTV Bouquet plugin to do this?

No, never heard of it. I simply run CrossEPG and it did the rest

duoduo
02-05-17, 09:10
What was the settings used for crossepg for it generate a iptv epg buddy? Can you remove sd HD versions of the same channel?

seame
02-05-17, 09:19
I never changed any settings in CrossEPG.

These are my settings

gdmm
02-05-17, 13:19
@seame what plugin are you using to view IPTV? Esettings+?

thejoker
09-05-17, 06:17
I use a plugin for iptv, xtream tv and xc plugin. How do I get this changed so iptv channels are in bouquets?

Andy_Hazza
10-05-17, 14:31
I use a plugin for iptv, xtream tv and xc plugin. How do I get this changed so iptv channels are in bouquets?

Use EChannelizer and Import your m3u file to it and you can create to your own taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ess2k
11-05-17, 19:24

Hi

i noticed the same thing, which is a pain, if you on iptv its records all choppy, but if you on sat channel, records fine, is there a reason for this, is it a bug or something?

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
11-05-17, 20:54
Hi

i noticed the same thing, which is a pain, if you on iptv its records all choppy, but if you on sat channel, records fine, is there a reason for this, is it a bug or something?

Thanks

You are streaming from servers so never gonna be perfect. You'll never beat proper Sky (sky card) in receiver & recordings that way.

Andy_Hazza
11-05-17, 21:09
I've been testing IPTV and I've just done a recording and thats playing back fine on my Vu+ Ultimo 4K. I'm not using any plugins, I have created an IPTV Bouquet List with working EPG.

seame
11-05-17, 22:06
I tested recording iptv yesterday and it plays back fine too on gigablue quad

Blu-ray
11-05-17, 22:30
I tested recording iptv yesterday and it plays back fine too on gigablue quad
I tested iptv recording watched one channel while recording another,play back ok the only thing that was different the recorded programme was at the bottom and not top of recordings list on hard drive. Had full epg and also the 7 day epg. Perfect quality not a glitch all day.

Andy_Hazza
11-05-17, 22:36
Are you sure you can Record 1 IPTV Channel & Watch another IPTV Channel. I find that hard to believe if I'm honest unless you have 2 separate IPTV Streams from different sources?

Blu-ray
11-05-17, 22:51
Are you sure you can Record 1 IPTV Channel & Watch another IPTV Channel. I find that hard to believe if I'm honest unless you have 2 separate IPTV Streams from different sources?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Yes recorded from one iptv stream had full &7 days epg. Was excellent stream & playback of recordings. I am not saying all iptv streams are good as i tested 11 streams and i would say only 2 was good.

nibbenjamin
12-05-17, 07:09
You can do it but you need a multi room sub but your internet bandwidth would be the main limiting factor

duoduo
12-05-17, 07:36
So the development of iptv looks like it's doing well, I have one question though please. Where do I need to be looking to find the streams to build my own bouquet please? I don't want anyone to break forum rules here by answering in thread, feel free to pm me.

Blu-ray
12-05-17, 08:47
You can do it but you need a multi room sub but your internet bandwidth would be the main limiting factor You do NOT need multiroom or 2 streams to watch & record iptv at the same time.

Andy_Hazza
12-05-17, 08:50
Everyone I know can only record 1 IPTV channel & watch the same IPTV channel or switch to Satellite. So would be interested in your setup!?!

nibbenjamin
12-05-17, 08:56
Everyone I know can only record 1 IPTV channel & watch the same IPTV channel or switch to Satellite. So would be interested in your setup!?!

Indeed I'm interested too

Blu-ray
12-05-17, 09:48
I have tested 11 iptv providers some free & paid for experimental purpose only. Most were ok watchable with the odd pause & lip sink. There was only 1 out of the 11 that i would say was as good if not better than c/s, this one i tested on these devices, Vu+Duo2, Vu+Solo2, Mut@nt HD2400, Roku 2/3, Android Box, Ipad Pro, Amazon fire tv box. Also works on Iphone 4g, Mag box, Nvidia shield, and yes that crappy box Zgemma you all hate. Some i tested using apps and also Xtream-Codes that uses the mac of your device,most was used with putty ip of box telnet,root,paste iptv stream reboot. All iptv test i used with putty was added to my Bouquet list most were in sly order others in alphabetical order. The best one i tested recorded one channel while watching another, tested this 5 times with different channels because at first i thought they hadn't recorded,instead of recordings being at top of list they were at the bottom on the hard drive. As for epg self populated with iptv test done nothing to my original setup had full epg & the 7 day epg as in photos. Cannot give links to any iptv test against the rules, hope this helps you all looking into iptv.

hullfc27
12-05-17, 10:31
does your epg populate with no issues also are you running ABM at all with this?

rowladar
13-05-17, 12:01
I too have been doing some testing with trial accounts... some iptv providers provide a plugin that you have to run to view the channels... xtream.tv is one example and there doesn't seem to be anyway of getting out of the plugin other than by rebooting the box (vu+ duo 2). Others provide a script that creates an "example" bouquet - this seems a better approach but I can't get the EPG populated with the programme data... do I need to add something to the crossepg downloader config to enable this e.g. xml/rytec stuff - help!

Blu-ray
13-05-17, 13:30
I too have been doing some testing with trial accounts... some iptv providers provide a plugin that you have to run to view the channels... xtream.tv is one example and there doesn't seem to be anyway of getting out of the plugin other than by rebooting the box (vu+ duo 2). Others provide a script that creates an "example" bouquet - this seems a better approach but I can't get the EPG populated with the programme data... do I need to add something to the crossepg downloader config to enable this e.g. xml/rytec stuff - help!
What i found with my test they don't all have epg and channels were in alphabetical order with vod & box sets mixed in. There was a couple that had Sports,News,Music,Movies, folders with vod seperate. The iptv in photos had epg builtin the test so didn't have to do anything.

Andy_Hazza
13-05-17, 14:14
To get the best results you are best creating your own channel lists using eChannelizer & importing your m3u file and you can create to your own tastes then. The plugins are shite and so untidy and amateurish.

thejoker
14-05-17, 17:39
Is there an alternative program to echannelizer for mac or even xp.

Blu-ray
14-05-17, 18:30
To get the best results you are best creating your own channel lists using eChannelizer & importing your m3u file and you can create to your own tastes then. The plugins are shite and so untidy and amateurish.

Hi Andy, It must have been some time ago when iptv was untidy and amateurish. If you want to try the very best of the 11 iptv i tested then pm me. Then tell me the plugins are shite and so untidy and amateurish. I had my first satellite box in 1983 when tutti- frutti was about and you had a 9" programmable card sticking out the front. I think this is the best thing i have had on my satellite receiver since sliced bread and VIX of course lol.

duoduo
14-05-17, 21:23
Blu ray please can you pm me some info on this

thejoker
15-05-17, 21:43
So recording on openvix, i presume auto timers do not work, its just instant record...could auto timers ever be implemented..

Secondly, iptv will be updated from time to time server side, will the updates happen within my custom made bouquets in echannelizer...

dbmx
16-05-17, 00:38
Auto records fine for me using vix:thumbsup:

thejoker
16-05-17, 01:20
Anyway to pull epg for non sky channels?

thejoker
16-05-17, 12:22
I have made my bouquets with enchannelizer, how do i back up this bouquet file for future use and can it then be transferred to enigma 2 box without using echannelizer. I had to use my desktop to do it on echannelizer and both my laptops are mac and windows xp and would like to be able to use one of them to transfer the completed echannelizer file across...

Andy_Hazza
16-05-17, 12:36
You are best keeping it safe on your computer. Software updates won't touch anything you have done with regards your IPTV Bouquets. Also from time to time you will need to revise your IPTV Bouquets so requesting a newer m3u file will be required.

Blu-ray
16-05-17, 13:12
So recording on openvix, i presume auto timers do not work, its just instant record...could auto timers ever be implemented..

Secondly, iptv will be updated from time to time server side, will the updates happen within my custom made bouquets in echannelizer... Have test recordings on iptv see photos stream. Also have purchased a NEW Mut@nt HD51 4k IPTV ready from WOS bargain price £189 waiting for it to delivered today when i shall be testing iptv recordings now & auto timings and also comparing it with my Mut@nt HD 2400 i done iptv testing on.

Blu-ray
16-05-17, 19:31
Just purchased a Mut@nt HD51 4k IPTV ready & runs Kodi from WOS to replace my Mut@nt HD2400 for only £189 cheaper than all my Vu+ receivers i have purchased in the past. Tested iptv on the Mut@nt 4k and the picture quality is a lot better than the Mut@nt 2400 noticed quicker zapping between channels. Tested timed recordings and as you can see from photos watching News at 5 with Neigbhours set to record at 17.30pm. Timer list Neigbhours waiting to record and timers list Neigbhours done then showing on hard drive and last playing recorded Neigbhours. I also was able to record 2 channels yes 2 and still watch another something my Mut@nt 2400 could not do. I have tested iptv on other receivers and it has been choppy and i put that down to the receiver not having enough bandwidth or not being iptv ready like the Mut@nt 4k. If you have tested iptv and found it choppy i would put it down to your receiver not being iptv ready. Now would be the time to upgrade your box as i think iptv is the way it's going.

lucast2007us
16-05-17, 19:56
Looks good I have mutant hd2400. Think I will go for the mutant HD51 same as you. Bit concerned by lack of tuners though. But if I could record 2 iptv streams and record another that wouldn't bother me :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Blu-ray
16-05-17, 21:37
Looks good I have mutant hd2400. Think I will go for the mutant HD51 same as you. Bit concerned by lack of tuners though. But if I could record 2 iptv streams and record another that wouldn't bother me :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk Thinking of getting a second one to replace my Vu+Duo2 Quad receiver, but i need to use my modulator that sends the signal to a 6 way amp in loft. These 4k boxes haven't got a scart connection but a av socket don't know if you can connect through that to modulator.

smo0th75
17-05-17, 01:13
any chance blu-ray you can show what your channel list looks like please thanks mate.

Sicilian
17-05-17, 05:54
Thinking of getting a second one to replace my Vu+Duo2 Quad receiver, but i need to use my modulator that sends the signal to a 6 way amp in loft. These 4k boxes haven't got a scart connection but a av socket don't know if you can connect through that to modulator.

Might want to upgrade to one of these http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/av-distribution/hdmi-modulators/EDISION-HDMI-MODULATOR-single-DVB-T-Full-HD-Distribution-over-Coax you'll also need a HDMI splitter to feed TV and Modulator.

Blu-ray
17-05-17, 10:41
any chance blu-ray you can show what your channel list looks like please thanks mate.
Pm u how to get list.

smo0th75
17-05-17, 18:51
sorry didn't make myself clear would like to see a photo of your channel list if thats not to much trouble blu-ray thanks

Blu-ray
17-05-17, 19:37
sorry didn't make myself clear would like to see a photo of your channel list if thats not to much trouble blu-ray thanks Pmd u how to get list would take 100 photos to get u the full list or u can do your own research Googles your friend.

duoduo
17-05-17, 19:43
Can you pm me some info too please fella

Blu-ray
17-05-17, 19:58
Can you pm me some info too please fella Pm me duoduo.

Pugwash
17-05-17, 20:26
Any chance you can pm me some info too please
:thumbsup:
Thankyou

Blu-ray
17-05-17, 20:35
Any chance you can pm me some info too please
:thumbsup:
Thankyou Pm me Pugwash.

smo0th75
18-05-17, 00:58
i have a duo 2 box was wondering if iptv could record and watch another at the same time is that possible if not which box can.

dbmx
18-05-17, 02:25
You can record one channel on iptv but not watch another channel at the same time .

duoduo
18-05-17, 06:47
Not according to posts on this thread!!

nibbenjamin
18-05-17, 07:38
It works but it's totally unreliable - either crashing my Edision mini or my internet flakes out and it's 75mbit

john doe
18-05-17, 08:28
I've been testing from some free files, which are hit and miss. some freeze or don't work. some will work fine. I can record up to 4 channels whilst watching one, not tested if I can record more, but cant see why not. not tested EPG , will need to test when I have more time.

Blu-ray
18-05-17, 10:09
It works but it's totally unreliable - either crashing my Edision mini or my internet flakes out and it's 75mbit Is your box iptv ready if not i would upgrade to a Mut@nt HD 51 4k WOS price £189 a Bargain. Have fully tested my Mut@nt on recording no crashes i don't think iptv is going to work on all Enigma2 receivers,for those who have had a test i would like to know what box you used for test and did it crash like the Edison mini or you had the same results as my Mut@nt.

smo0th75
18-05-17, 15:48
john doe what box have u got mate

Andy_Hazza
18-05-17, 15:59
john doe what box have u got mate

I'd go with an ARM receiver so look at the Mut@nt HD51, Octagon SF4008, Vu+ Solo 4K, Vu+ Uno 4K & Vu+ Ultimo 4K.

Blu-ray
18-05-17, 16:08
I've been testing from some free files, which are hit and miss. some freeze or don't work. some will work fine. I can record up to 4 channels whilst watching one, not tested if I can record more, but cant see why not. not tested EPG , will need to test when I have more time. Would be nice to let members know what box you used for iptv test and if your recordings stoped after 2 minutes on the 4 channels.

Blu-ray
18-05-17, 16:15
I'd go with an ARM receiver so look at the Mut@nt HD51, Octagon SF4008, Vu+ Solo 4K, Vu+ Uno 4K & Vu+ Ultimo 4K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I went with the Mut@nt HD51 4k and i am very pleeesed with the performance haven't had any issues with iptv other members are experiencing.

john doe
18-05-17, 16:37
Would be nice to let members know what box you used for iptv test and if your recordings stoped after 2 minutes on the 4 channels.

Octagon sf4008. recording did not stop, although further testing needed.

Blu-ray
19-05-17, 09:19
Just because sky channels have gone it's not game over as there is a hell of a lot more to explore with your satellite box. Go the motorised dish option thousands of free channels to watch or like me do some testing with IPTV. I will be going no where i'm happy with my new Mut@nt HD51 4k & IPTV and will be for a long time to come.

john doe
19-05-17, 16:41
Just because sky channels have gone it's not game over as there is a hell of a lot more to explore with your satellite box. Go the motorised dish option thousands of free channels to watch or like me do some testing with IPTV. I will be going no where i'm happy with my new Mut@nt HD51 4k & IPTV and will be for a long time to come.

yep. totally agree. I'll be testing more iptv tomorrow. just need to work out the epg

nipperlocko
20-05-17, 15:52
I never changed any settings in CrossEPG.

These are my settings

I`ve managed to get iptv showing through crossepg now just like you seame but it really struggles to populate the listings and crashes and fails:mad:

regrim
20-05-17, 16:23
Can someone explain how to get xstream plugin loaded on Vuduo please, Bear in mind newbie to this Cheers

Andy_Hazza
20-05-17, 16:26
If you have an ipk file then you would pop it into your tmp on your receiver via an FTP Client. If its a folder, then you would again FTP this to your extensions folder on your receiver.

Blu-ray
20-05-17, 16:53
Can someone explain how to get xstream plugin loaded on Vuduo please, Bear in mind newbie to this Cheers Tested extream plugin with iptv and had no epg on my test not self populating epg like others i tested.

ricfeen
21-05-17, 10:35
Blu ray please can you pm me some info on this also please

Alankellyeire
21-05-17, 17:23
Is your box iptv ready if not i would upgrade to a Mut@nt HD 51 4k WOS price £189 a Bargain. Have fully tested my Mut@nt on recording no crashes i don't think iptv is going to work on all Enigma2 receivers,for those who have had a test i would like to know what box you used for test and did it crash like the Edison mini or you had the same results as my Mut@nt.

when you say IPTV ready.
what do u mean? How would you know a receiver is IPTV ready?

Blu-ray
21-05-17, 18:39
when you say IPTV ready.
what do u mean? How would you know a receiver is IPTV ready? Because is it from WOS and it's on the box lol. The reason i suppose my test with iptv had no problems.

Blu-ray
21-05-17, 19:57
Because is it from WOS and it's on the box lol. The reason i suppose my test with iptv had no problems. Any one know whats the difference between non iptv and iptv ready boxes.

goosegog
21-05-17, 20:19
I would say thats just a selling point

goosegog
21-05-17, 20:20
Iptv ready will be the most used bumf on ebay now

Blu-ray
21-05-17, 20:23
Iptv ready will be the most used bumf on ebay now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk One door closes another one opens lol.

goosegog
21-05-17, 20:28
Yep true

gdmm
21-05-17, 20:52
My Solo 2 is working great. Cross EPG fully populated.

bosvelt
21-05-17, 22:58
Just a question, today about 20mins into football a lot of peoples iptv went down anybody on here report the same?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blu-ray
21-05-17, 23:09
Just a question, today about 20mins into football a lot of peoples iptv went down anybody on here report the same?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk All good here.

snootyfox
22-05-17, 14:27
Bly-ray, Your inbox is full:eek:

Blu-ray
22-05-17, 15:05
Bly-ray, Your inbox is full:eek: Its now empty thanks.:thumbsup:

Larry-G
22-05-17, 16:13
it's on the box lol. The reason i suppose my test with iptv had no problems.

Dont believe all the sales blurb from manufacturers. Not knocking the sponsor but the manufacturers have a habit of listing community based plugins etc as features on the sales leaflets and on the side of the sales packaging.

Larry-G
22-05-17, 16:15

Thats very common and will only get worse as more and more of those who have lost their "free tv" try to find a alternative thus overloading the servers.

Blu-ray
22-05-17, 22:07
Just a Quick update on iptv test. If like me you used en2Player or Vu+ Player to watch tv from your satallite box on ipad now you can use apps like GSE IPTV & GoIPTV from the apple store. You enter your m3u file and you have the same channel list as on your tv with full epg on ipad. Not sure if it's tied to your isp or you can take it with you traveling but will update later when tested. Couple of photos from test using a m3u file on both apps no difference in quality of picture both have full epg. Nearly forgot the GSE IPTV app gives you your channel list in folders like sport,films,music while the Go IPTV is not.

Ford1
22-05-17, 22:59
you can take it anywhere, ive been using it on android for around 18 months, on both wifi and 4g.

bosvelt
23-05-17, 00:21
I went with the Mut@nt HD51 4k and i am very pleeesed with the performance haven't had any issues with iptv other members are experiencing.
What 2 tuners did you select?

Ford1
23-05-17, 00:22
you don't use tuners for iptv.

Blu-ray
23-05-17, 00:49
What 2 tuners did you select?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk Went for 2 satellite option don't think you can record without tuners might be wrong ???

bosvelt
23-05-17, 00:54
you don't use tuners for iptv.
I know when buying box it asks to select tuners, where does data be pulled from for epg?

Blu-ray
23-05-17, 10:03
Blu ray please can you pm me some info on this also please Pm me if u still want the link for iptv test.

chris1489
23-05-17, 12:19
Pm me if u still want the link for iptv test.

Could you provide me with details please :)

Sicilian
23-05-17, 15:05
Guys be careful where this thread goes. Last two posts deleted due to rule break.

Blu-ray
23-05-17, 16:55
Could you provide me with details please :) This is a link for a iptv test to see if your box is compatible with iptv. I have tested this link on Vu+Duo Vu+Duo2 Vu+Solo2 Mut@nt HD2400 Mut@nt HD51 IPTV ready box. I have had different results from all the box's using the latest Vix image and all boxes were setup the same, some were crap results with older box's some would only record for 2 minutes but for some reason unknown to me my New Mut@nt HD51 4k IPTV READY had the best results including epg & recording. A lot of members have tested iptv from other providers for themself so i don't know if it was the provider or there box this is my results from the best i tested.

Ford1
23-05-17, 20:09
All the epg data for my iptv is pulled via epg importer through the internet, the feeds for iptv come through the internet, the tuners for iptv are irrelevant. the tuners are only used when watching free to air over sat.

you can use iptv on a box not connected to any satellite feed and it will still work flawlessly.

you are using two different technologies. internet for iptv, and satellite for satallitte.

manikm
23-05-17, 22:29
i have read this thread with interest, as its discussing EXACTLY what ive been wanting to know, and theres some great input into this thread.

i've been a motorised SAT dish owner since 2004, and have seen a lot happen over the years...ANYWAY, i have recently got into IPTV myself, and have 2 test lines, which ive imported into my E2 VIX images - i recently discovered E-CHANNELIZER to do this, which works great.

i am currently the owner of a VU DUO2, and an old XTREND 9200 - and have always used VIX images, just because I have - never had a reason not to ....anyway, i too, wondered about recording IPTV...so i went about some testing on my 2 STB's.

the more expensive and newer VU DUO2, can play the channels fine, but as soon as you hit record, you start to get breakup straight away - no work around i can find.

HOWEVER, on my AGE old XTREND 9200 - this does not happen (exactly, but theres a workaround) firstly its a little slower than the VU DUO 2 to ZAP to the IPTV channel, but when it starts and you hit record - the picture STOPS - and again, breaks the experience. BUT what ive noticed, if you hit record, then quickly go to your FILE list, and then PLAY the recording (a kind of timeshift) - you can then watch the channel without issue, AND its recording.

ive heard so much good stuff about Mutant HD51 - so think i will flog both my STB's and get a Mutant HD51 - i dont have a 4K TV yet, but that doesnt matter, as the Mutant HD51 seems to be THE STB for IPTV - and im unsure why - maybe ARM processors are more geared up for it, than MIPS - what im not sure about, is if it has USALS built in, but i will find this out easily enough

i still havent cracked the EPG stuff, which is annoying, but i know you can fudge it, by using a channel reference from a SAT channel, but this wont work with USA channels etc....

anyone know if it can do hardware blind scan on Sat ?

Blu-ray
25-05-17, 20:36
Iptv, freeview & freesat layout in test. Not all satellite box's are iptv ready pm me for test link.

chris1489
25-05-17, 20:51
Iptv, freeview & freesat layout in test. Not all satellite box's are iptv ready pm me for test link.

Ive got a trial and have been able to record! But i find the recording will only work correctly if you go onto the channel you want to record then press record, if you select record direct from epg without being on the channel it will say its recording but not actually record just says 0.00 secs.

Any ideas?

Thanks again bluray

Ford1
25-05-17, 20:59
as I stated earlier, SOME providers will only allow one stream, so if you record sly sports1 on iptv, and try to watch sly atlantic (or any other) iptv stream, the recording wont work. you need to check with your supplier.

chris1489
25-05-17, 21:09
as I stated earlier, SOME providers will only allow one stream, so if you record sly sports1 on iptv, and try to watch sly atlantic (or any other) iptv stream, the recording wont work. you need to check with your supplier.

Yes i know but im starting the record. Not trying two records,

Not sure why if i click record button on remote it doesnt work or if im on different channel like fta channel wont record a iptv channel unless i start whilst im on it

davem3man
25-05-17, 21:43
Could you provide me with details please :)

Hi
Could you pm me with details please.
I tried a test the other day on my gigablue hd pluse running openatv v6 it worked fine but had no epg.
I too will be upgrading to the mutant once I get it all sorted.

wsbanks1977
25-05-17, 23:38
Hi Blu-ray

Could you pm me with details please.

Ta

xdoktor
28-05-17, 00:36
This is a link for a iptv test to see if your box is compatible with iptv. I have tested this link on Vu+Duo Vu+Duo2 Vu+Solo2 Mut@nt HD2400 Mut@nt HD51 IPTV ready box. I have had different results from all the box's using the latest Vix image and all boxes were setup the same, some were crap results with older box's some would only record for 2 minutes but for some reason unknown to me my New Mut@nt HD51 4k IPTV READY had the best results including epg & recording. A lot of members have tested iptv from other providers for themself so i don't know if it was the provider or there box this is my results from the best i tested.

Using VU Duo2 I am testing something at the moment but need a good IPTV test camparison ... Blu-Ray can you pm me the test link you recomend please?
Recordings have struggled for me so far however with what I am using.
cheers
X

Blu-ray
28-05-17, 09:50
This is a link for a iptv test to see if your box is compatible with iptv. I have tested this link on Vu+Duo Vu+Duo2 Vu+Solo2 Mut@nt HD2400 Mut@nt HD51 IPTV ready box. I have had different results from all the box's using the latest Vix image and all boxes were setup the same, some were crap results with older box's some would only record for 2 minutes but for some reason unknown to me my New Mut@nt HD51 4k IPTV READY had the best results including epg & recording. A lot of members have tested iptv from other providers for themself so i don't know if it was the provider or there box this is my results from the best i tested. If you would like to test iptv on your stb inbox me (iptv test) and i will send you the link to test.

RogerThis
29-05-17, 18:05
Does timeshift work with IPTV?

I'm getting "timeshift on a stream is not supported"

Blu-ray
29-05-17, 18:30
Does timeshift work with IPTV?

I'm getting "timeshift on a stream is not supported" Just tested looks like it's not supported.

Andy_Hazza
29-05-17, 19:18
No, Timeshift is not possible with IPTV. To get rid of the "timeshift on a stream is not supported" just disable the setting in your Timeshift setup.

liverpoolee
30-05-17, 00:17
Blu ray I've pm'd you mate. I've got the exact same set up as you but cannot for the life of me get any epg or get it to record on iptv. I've tried everything. Any help appreciated. .....lee

fubarphill
30-05-17, 08:59
Can anyone explain why timeshift doesn't work when recording does?

Surely it is just using the same process isn't it? timeshift will just start a recording when you hit pause and you will be then playing back that recording when you resume as opposed to watching the stream live until you catch up (skipping ads etc) . As long as you keep a buffer (say 10 mins) you should be able to rewind too.

I'm just confused why it wouldn't work as logic would say if you can record then you can pause... :confused:

liverpoolee
30-05-17, 10:54
Inbox full blu-ray.

Can anyone else stear me in the right direction?. I've assigned epg using the echannelizer method. Used crossepg and epgimport to try and populate but no dice.
Also recording stops after a few seconds and never get more than a minute even though I'm staying on the same iptv channel.
Been trying for over a week now. Using mut@nt hd51 4k box with latest vix image.

Blu-ray
30-05-17, 11:05
Inbox full blu-ray Its empty ???? :confused:

liverpoolee
30-05-17, 11:22
Its empty ???? :confused:

Its ok now, this morning it said.....Blu-ray has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Blu-ray
30-05-17, 13:58
The only difference I see is if the service ID starts with 4097, then it's IPTV mode, if it starts with a 1 then it's DVB mode. Some IPTV services don't stream with the 1 at the start. E_Channelizer never added the correct Service ID for me, I had to do that manually. I recorded several channels at once with just a single IPTV sub, not a multi-room.

To get an OE2 bouquet list, when downloading from a X-C site, just select the OE2 from the dropdown box. If you were sent a link, it probably looks like this
Code:
http://host:port/get.php?username=xxxxx&password=xxxxx&type=m3u&output=ts
Try changing to this and download instead

Code:
http://host:port/get.php?username=xxxxxx&password=xxxxx&type=dreambox&output=ts. Will test this from lincsat on a single iptv test to see if i can achieve the same results.

liverpoolee
30-05-17, 16:32
Made a bit of progress today actually by getting the epg on. I wasn't restarting the box after altering channels on echannelizer so this got me thinking i wasn't doing it right. When i restarted then ran crossepg the iptv channels populated.
still no recording though. It's usually one minute only but on my upstairs box which is a mut@nt 2100 i managed to get one to record for 9 minutes. Trouble is i don't know how because it's the same as the mut@nt 4k box downstairs now, one minute only. I've tried doing it through epg and tried doing it for a length of time but nothing is working on the recording side even when i stay on the recorded channel. I've got 2 tuners as well.
Blu-ray, you really able to record multiple iptv channels at once? I can't get my head around it.

Andy_Hazza
30-05-17, 16:40
Have you tried pressing the record button while watching the iptv stream n not using the epg to set recordings?

liverpoolee
30-05-17, 16:42
Yes Andy. Tried different lenghts of recording times as well.

Andy_Hazza
30-05-17, 16:46
Mines hit n miss too buddy. You won't be the only one.

liverpoolee
30-05-17, 17:10
Looking at other threads its not just a Vix problem. Does my head in though that some people can record no problem but no one can put their finger on it as to why.
I think with the upsurge in iptv users there will be more people looking into it, hopefully.

Blu-ray
30-05-17, 17:23
The only difference I see is if the service ID starts with 4097, then it's IPTV mode, if it starts with a 1 then it's DVB mode. Some IPTV services don't stream with the 1 at the start. E_Channelizer never added the correct Service ID for me, I had to do that manually. I recorded several channels at once with just a single IPTV sub, not a multi-room.

To get an OE2 bouquet list, when downloading from a X-C site, just select the OE2 from the dropdown box. If you were sent a link, it probably looks like this
Code:
http://host:port/get.php?username=xxxxx&password=xxxxx&type=m3u&output=ts
Try changing to this and download instead

Code:
http://host:port/get.php?username=xxxxxx&password=xxxxx&type=dreambox&output=ts. Will test this from lincsat on a single iptv test to see if i can achieve the same results. Have just finished testing this on my Mut@nt HD51 with a single iptv connection by changing the m3u to dreambox as tested by lincsat forum member. As lincsat i recorded 3 channels when played back only 2 played the full length of the recording while the 3rd recording only lasted 90 seconds. It made no difference by changing m3u to dreambox both test were the same with picture pixelating while trying to record 3 channels.

Andy_Hazza
30-05-17, 17:28
Which proves to me you have multiroom a/c's?

Blu-ray
30-05-17, 17:31
Which proves to me you have multiroom a/c's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk NO this was done with a single iptv NOT multiroom.

Andy_Hazza
30-05-17, 17:37
Impossible squire.

aido
30-05-17, 17:43
I've only tried a couple of IPTV providers and to be honest they seem to be learning what they can do as they go on - maybe the one @Blu-ray is using doesn't realise they can monetise multiple sessions into multiroom.

If you guys are using a skin like iSkin you can easily see the NIC throughput - maybe the e2 box is getting swamped through that interface and is causing issues for some trying to record multiple streams? Likewise maybe the internet connection is maxing out causing buffering?

Maybe try recording a couple of SD streams and see how that fares.

dsayers
30-05-17, 17:44
It could be that your allowed to use it on 2 devices at the same time. I have two m3u links one allows 2 streams at once the other doesn't unless multroom is purchased. Both tested with recording. The one that allows 2 streams works and lets me watch and record another the one that doesn't allow it will only let me record iptv whilst watching sat it won't even let me watch and record the same channel.

Blu-ray
30-05-17, 17:53
Impossible squire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Here is proof the test i done was with a single iptv test replaced m3u file with dreambox worked as lincsat posted in his thread.

dsayers
30-05-17, 18:29
Here is proof the test i done was with a single iptv test replaced m3u file with dreambox worked as lincsat posted in his thread.

Another way to test is watch something on your phone with perfect player then see if you can watch on your box at the same time

Blu-ray
30-05-17, 19:04
Another way to test is watch something on your phone with perfect player then see if you can watch on your box at the same time How many more test must i do to convince members how good the Mut@nt HD51 4K is with iptv, the only thing i can say to members who dought the performance of the Mut@nt HD514K is purchase one from www.world-of-satellite.co.uk they are £189 then you can test for yourself how good they are. Like i said before does your stb say IPTV READY LIKE THE MUT@NT.

liverpoolee
30-05-17, 19:46
Another way to test is watch something on your phone with perfect player then see if you can watch on your box at the same time

I'm only on single feed subscription but i can get feed on samsung tablet and tv at the same time. To be honest though I've only ever done it for a minute or two because I'm scared of getting booted off.

liverpoolee
30-05-17, 19:49
How many more test must i do to convince members how good the Mut@nt HD51 4K is with iptv, the only thing i can say to members who dought the performance of the Mut@nt HD514K is purchase one from www.world-of-satellite.co.uk they are £189 then you can test for yourself how good they are. Like i said before does your stb say IPTV READY LIKE THE MUT@NT.

Don't have to convince me mate. I got one when they first came out.
Still can't get it to record iptv though :confused:

goosegog
30-05-17, 20:47
I dont record much apart from match of the day so carnt comment on recording ive just tried and it didnt seem to work thru iptv.iptv on enigma was terrible always used my mag but now it just works very well.i would say you dont need to go get a newer enigma reciever tho works perfectly well on my solo 2 no spinners full epg and usual fast zapping

Blu-ray
30-05-17, 21:17
I dont record much apart from match of the day so carnt comment on recording ive just tried and it didnt seem to work thru iptv.iptv on enigma was terrible always used my mag but now it just works very well.i would say you dont need to go get a newer enigma reciever tho works perfectly well on my solo 2 no spinners full epg and usual fast zapping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Is it possible to watch and record at the same time with your solo2 ???

goosegog
30-05-17, 21:19
Nah bud it defo struggles recording anything to be honest.

Blu-ray
30-05-17, 21:26
Nah bud it defo struggles recording anything to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Anyone tested iptv on a 4K stb besides the Mut@nt and was able to record and watch at the same time ????

snootyfox
30-05-17, 21:45
My Solo 2 is working great. Cross EPG fully populated.

Hi, could you let me know as to how you get your IPTV EPG fully populated on your Solo2? I've used EPG importer in the VIX image.

dbmx
30-05-17, 22:05
tested on uno4k , recorded fine only if you watched a non iptv channel.

1554leslie
31-05-17, 13:48
How many more test must i do to convince members how good the Mut@nt HD51 4K is with iptv, the only thing i can say to members who dought the performance of the Mut@nt HD514K is purchase one from www.world-of-satellite.co.uk they are £189 then you can test for yourself how good they are. Like i said before does your stb say IPTV READY LIKE THE MUT@NT.How did you setup your iptv on the mutant,Did you use an m3u type file as been trying to setup mine using the xtream app but will not load it

Blu-ray
31-05-17, 14:30
How did you setup your iptv on the mutant,Did you use an m3u type file as been trying to setup mine using the xtream app but will not load itJust pasted m3u into putty i did try xtream app but had to use mac address if i remember.

john doe
31-05-17, 14:30
QUOTE=Blu-ray;451130]Anyone tested iptv on a 4K stb besides the Mut@nt and was able to record and watch at the same time ????[/QUOTE]

I have a sf4008 and managed to watch a channel and record two or three at same time. some epg is not generating and they record, but would be called instant recording, with no name.

53908[

Blu-ray
31-05-17, 14:38
QUOTE=Blu-ray;451130]Anyone tested iptv on a 4K stb besides the Mut@nt and was able to record and watch at the same time ????

I have a sf4008 and managed to watch a channel and record two or three at same time. some epg is not generating and they record, but would be called instant recording, with no name.

53908[[/QUOTE] So first was it a single stream you recorded the 3 channels on??. Have you played back your recordings to see if they recorded without any problems as when i tested my Mut@nt with 3 recordings only 2 played ok and the 3rd only played for 90 seconds.

john doe
31-05-17, 14:56

53908[ So first was it a single stream you recorded the 3 channels on??. Have you played back your recordings to see if they recorded without any problems as when i tested my Mut@nt with 3 recordings only 2 played ok and the 3rd only played for 90 seconds.[/QUOTE]

played all three recordings fine without issue. able to pause, FF & RW on single stream. but not tested everything fully

Blu-ray
31-05-17, 15:13
So first was it a single stream you recorded the 3 channels on??. Have you played back your recordings to see if they recorded without any problems as when i tested my Mut@nt with 3 recordings only 2 played ok and the 3rd only played for 90 seconds.

played all three recordings fine without issue. able to pause, FF & RW on single stream. but not tested everything fully[/QUOTE] Thanks i am glad someone else can record more than one channel and on a different box. Not sure why other members are finding it impossible to watch and record one channel never mind 2/3 channels. So we now know you don't need 2 or 3 streams to be able to record with iptv as other members believe. It still don't give us a clue how or why we get mixed results. :confused:

john doe
31-05-17, 15:18
played all three recordings fine without issue. able to pause, FF & RW on single stream. but not tested everything fully Thanks i am glad someone else can record more than one channel and on a different box. Not sure why other members are finding it impossible to watch and record one channel never mind 2/3 channels. So we now know you don't need 2 or 3 streams to be able to record with iptv as other members believe. It still don't give us a clue how or why we get mixed results. :confused:[/QUOTE]

am sure I could record more, but like I said need more testing and also my epg is populating certain channels but not the others

liverpoolee
31-05-17, 18:09
Bit more progress. First of all thanks to blu-ray for his pm's steering me in the right direction.
Anyone else suffering the great iptv recording fiasco try this..... Menu-setup--system-customise settings-......in here i changed 'include ECM in http streams' to yes, also changed 'Descramble sending http streams' to yes. Also changed 'Descramble recieving http streams' to yes.
When you read what they do it doesn't make sense but i am now able to record one iptv stream at a time if i then switch to normal satellite channels. When i try to record two iptv channels at once i get the recording for a minute fault and both fail . I will also get same error if i record one iptv channel then watch another. It's progress at least.
It's still hit and miss because sometimes when I'm on the epg page and press the record button for a timer it will crash the box. But if i press green to add timer then press green again to record it will add timer accordingly. Othertimes it will record normally.
Bit by bit I'm getting there.

liverpoolee
31-05-17, 18:16
How did you setup your iptv on the mutant,Did you use an m3u type file as been trying to setup mine using the xtream app but will not load it

Echannelizer was really good for this. They have their own tutorials on how to do it, it's easy. Also its the best way to edit channels and make your own bouquets. Brilliant piece of software, Imho anyway.

Blu-ray
31-05-17, 21:25
Well i might have part of the answer why time shift pause & rewind don't work with iptv. Some iptv providers have used Wooshbuild or iPab image,there for causing conflicts when used with a Vix image. Members on another forum can pause rewind iptv and record using the Wooshbuild. Maybe Vix can give us a iptv Vix image as well as a satellite image.

Andy_Hazza
31-05-17, 21:32
Maybe Vix can give us a iptv Vix image.

That won't happen. The more popular IPTV becomes, maybe a ViX Dev will look at the Timeshift code, but my guess it won't be a priority as we are a small team and have other important things on the agenda.

nibbenjamin
31-05-17, 21:38
Surely that risks people moving away from Vix?

Andy_Hazza
31-05-17, 21:41
Not really. Have you tried Wo*******d? What an utter horrible crammed with shite image that is. Yuk!

Blu-ray
31-05-17, 21:57
How many of the 90,000 plus members do you think will be waiting for this important thing on the agenda, against how many will experiment with iptv or add a motorised dish before there stb becomes a door stop.

ccs
31-05-17, 22:00
Is there a swear filter on this forum? Might I suggest IPTV be added?

Talk on IPTV has become more boring than the General Election.

Andy_Hazza
31-05-17, 22:01
What when IPTV is just going the same route as C/S. I don't think so. lol

Andy_Hazza
31-05-17, 22:22
Is there a swear filter on this forum? Might I suggest IPTV be added?

Talk on IPTV has become more boring than the General Election.

I totally agree with you. [emoji1360]

duoduo
01-06-17, 00:11
So just to confirm it's allowed to discuss iptv subs but not sky/virgin servers??!! What's the difference here exactly? It's bloody obvious why such a surge in iptv interest, sly via enigma2 almost gone completely and now for something new etc etc... Does make me chuckle how the server word for so long was a banished subject on this forum yet mods allow iptv subs talk carry on as it's clear otherwise the interest in the forum will reduce on a huge scale, wrong guys and goes against what you have previously stood for!!!

abu baniaz
01-06-17, 00:32
Forum rule 2 still applies.

Larry-G
01-06-17, 06:39
So just to confirm it's allowed to discuss iptv subs but not sky/virgin servers??!! What's the difference here exactly? It's bloody obvious why such a surge in iptv interest, sly via enigma2 almost gone completely and now for something new etc etc... Does make me chuckle how the server word for so long was a banished subject on this forum yet mods allow iptv subs talk carry on as it's clear otherwise the interest in the forum will reduce on a huge scale, wrong guys and goes against what you have previously stood for!!!

Could not agree more mate. Not that my voice counts for any thing on this forum any longer.

Andy_Hazza
01-06-17, 06:41
I agree. Everyone has just jumped from C/S to IPTV. Blatantly obvious. Bbbaaahhhh.

Blu-ray
01-06-17, 09:54
So just to confirm it's allowed to discuss iptv subs but not sky/virgin servers??!! What's the difference here exactly? It's bloody obvious why such a surge in iptv interest, sly via enigma2 almost gone completely and now for something new etc etc... Does make me chuckle how the server word for so long was a banished subject on this forum yet mods allow iptv subs talk carry on as it's clear otherwise the interest in the forum will reduce on a huge scale, wrong guys and goes against what you have previously stood for!!! I have purchased several satellite box's over the years but never purchased one from a sponsor or retailer saying C/S ready. But i have purchased from our sponsor a Mut@nt HD51 which says IPTV READY on the box. I dont think manufactures or retailers selling IPTV READY boxes are saying buy this and carry on C/S with it. There is another forum are sponsor supports which supports IPTV in a big way, they have IPTV Streaming Support, IPTV Streaming Tuturials, IPTV Streaming Tools, IPTV Channel List Request, IPTV Smart Tv, and a IPTV Live Stream Website where you can download m3u files for Sport,Films,UK Tv. Like it or not IPTV is here to stay for a long time to come, gone are the days where you played with your plastic sly cards in your stb, satellite tv has moved on may be in time you will be playing with your plastic IPTV cards in your New IPTV READY box.

ccs
01-06-17, 10:11
It may say IPTV on the box, but I can't see any reference on the WOS advert...

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Mutant/mut@nt-mutant-hd51

I'd image any box with an internet connection will, one way or another, be IPTV capable.

joysleep1
01-06-17, 10:48
Exactly. My xtrend box has the word iptv. And what did you expect to happen once the channels went down. It is obvious that iptv is going to become popular.

nibbenjamin
01-06-17, 11:18
When what channels went down? [emoji23]