PDA

View Full Version : Changing ultimo from sat to cable

Mossy
29-04-17, 19:20
Hi I need help changing my box from sat to cable

Andy_Hazza
29-04-17, 19:44
You would take out & replace the DVB-S tuners with this >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/vu-plus/VU-vuplus-dvb-t-t2-c-hybrid-dual-twin-tuner-module

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LHD_Kid
03-03-18, 11:08
Hi, I also need help with this...

have the correct cable tuner inserted, scanned channels... channels found, but all are encrypted as cable channels here are not for free...

The company providing the cable tv has sold me a C+ slot and viewing card, but I cannot get it working... I cannot find any information on what to do, changing the settings for common interface makes no difference whatsoever - the instructions with the card are based on a smart tv, not a VU+ so I am stuck....:confused:

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sicilian
03-03-18, 11:15
Hi, I also need help with this...

have the correct tuner inserted, scanned channels... channels found, but all are ebcrypted as cable channels here are not for free...

The company providing the cable tv has provided me with a C+ slot and a card, but I cannot get it working... I cannot find any information on what to do, changing the settings for common interface makes no difference whatsoever - the instructions with the card are based on a smart tv, not a VU+ so I am stuck....:confused:

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Do you mean a CI+ cam? If so you'll need to find an image that support CI+.

LHD_Kid
03-03-18, 11:19

Ah, ok.... and none of the Vix images support CI+ ?

jukkal2
03-03-18, 11:26

This may depend on the cable provider. When my provider was changed last summer, I inserted the card with the CI+ module connected in a tv that supports CI+, so that it got the authorization verified and showed the encrypted channels on the tv. Then I inserted the card and module to my Ultimo, and it also showed the authorized channels, including HD channels that it didn't show when the card was directly in the Ultimo without the CI+ module.
The Image was OpenVix 5.1.020 back then, now I have 5.1.019.

LHD_Kid
03-03-18, 14:55
This may depend on the cable provider. When my provider was changed last summer, I inserted the card with the CI+ module connected in a tv that supports CI+, so that it got the authorization verified and showed the encrypted channels on the tv. Then I inserted the card and module to my Ultimo, and it also showed the authorized channels, including HD channels that it didn't show when the card was directly in the Ultimo without the CI+ module.

Sadly... my tv does not support CI+ (actually, no card slots at all)

jukkal2
04-03-18, 13:33
(Of course it was 5.0.020 back then, not 5.1.020)

Sadly... my tv does not support CI+ (actually, no card slots at all)
Maybe ask if some neighbor with a HD tv could help and let you do it with their tv..

imtiaz_2007
05-03-18, 16:46
thanks you