PDA

View Full Version : Enigma 2 box setup

keithboylan
29-04-17, 17:13
Is there any way to have a setup similar to Sky Q with a main box and remote boxes streaming TV content via Wifi.

Andy_Hazza
29-04-17, 17:28
Yes using the Fall Back Tuner & Channel Importer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
29-04-17, 17:38
Is there any way to have a setup similar to Sky Q with a main box and remote boxes streaming TV content via Wifi.

You have to understand that most most "Market Leaders" are not "Technology Leaders", they follow the trends and use their Marketing presence ($'s) to make people think they are providing something new or equivalent .... Samsung are past masters at this eg QLED vs OLED:)

Sky Q is similar.

keithboylan
29-04-17, 17:39
Thanks Andy_Hazza
I don't have any hardware as of yet but I was thinking of a VU+Duo as main box and some VU+ Zero as remote boxes. Do you think this setup would work.

Andy_Hazza
29-04-17, 17:50
Thanks Andy_Hazza
I don't have any hardware as of yet but I was thinking of a VU+Duo as main box and some VU+ Zero as remote boxes. Do you think this setup would work.

Vu+ Duo2 I hope you meant? The Vu+ Duo is quite old and lacking humph. [emoji4]

keithboylan
29-04-17, 17:55
Yes sorry the Duo2

Andy_Hazza
29-04-17, 18:00
Yeah that would be just fine. What sort of TV setup were you thinking. In terms of channels, I.e. Freesat, Cable, Terrestrial etc?

keithboylan
29-04-17, 18:08
Freesat. Currently have Sky and trying to reduce Bills. Current setup is 2 Sky boxes one in sitting room and other in back room and RF out from that to bedroom TV's. Don't mind investing in some boxes for bedrooms.

Sicilian
30-04-17, 06:18
See the new Client mode introduced on OpenViX 5.0.013 onwards http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56598-NEW-Client-mode-introduced-in-OpenViX-build-5-0-013

JonMMM
30-04-17, 07:28
you could just use Kodi boxes with the VU+ PVR addon

Andy_Hazza
30-04-17, 07:31
you could just use Kodi boxes with the VU+ PVR addon

Worse possible setup ever!! Yuk.

keithboylan
30-04-17, 08:27
Thanks guys just bought my first box a VU+ Zero with OpenVix and a USB turbo tuner from World of Satellite. I am going to have a play around with this before adding other boxes. Any more tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated as I said I'm paying Sky €120 per month and trying to reduce costs.

DaMacFunkin
30-04-17, 09:06
You have to understand that most most "Market Leaders" are not "Technology Leaders", they follow the trends and use their Marketing presence ($'s) to make people think they are providing something new or equivalent .... Samsung are past masters at this eg QLED vs OLED:)

Sky Q is similar.

I don't think that is a fair comparison, i have been reading into the technology behind QLED and this years set's are a bit of a fudge, but next years evolution of the tech will offer some real colour benefits over OLED, yes it may struggle to produce absolute black but remember overall contrast is a relative perception.

Andy_Hazza
30-04-17, 11:52
I don't think that is a fair comparison, i have been reading into the technology behind QLED and this years set's are a bit of a fudge, but next years evolution of the tech will offer some real colour benefits over OLED, yes it may struggle to produce absolute black but remember overall contrast is a relative perception.

You always make me smile/laugh with your comments.....

DaMacFunkin
30-04-17, 13:13
You always make me smile/laugh with your comments.....

Yawn at Andy, it's so boring how he always thinks he knows better than bloggers and reviewers on respected web sites and in industry publications.

Andy_Hazza
30-04-17, 13:23
lol at the QLED. lol. lol

Andy_Hazza
30-04-17, 13:24
Yawn at Andy, it's so boring how he always thinks he knows better than bloggers and reviewers on respected web sites and in industry publications.

Thought about doing Stand-up!?!......

twol
30-04-17, 13:29

I think on this years implementations its fair. Also it always depends what you do with it, Samsung are marketing QLED (now) as equivalent to OLED, where as using similar LED technology both Sony and Panny with their better engine technolgy have a(based on the reviews I have seen) much better LED TV.
....... but perception is always more valid than facts!
I just get annoyed by Samsung charging OLED prices for something that is not OLED quality either for watching TV or Gaming.