PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Tuner problem

kielson
29-04-17, 11:02
Weird problem.

Got 2 LNB's feeding to my solo 2. One with 13e and one with 28e signal, both signals are strong.

After a fresh flash everything works as it should. Tuner config goes smoothly, both tuners pick up signal automatically, channels from both tuners are found.

Problem occurs after resetting the box with the switch at the back. After the reboot tuner B is lousing signal, previously automatically found signal is lost and a attempt to configure it results in the need to hard reset the box.

After going to Setup-->service searching-->tuner configuration--> tuner B--> simple, simple, automatic, no

and pressing ok, tuner tries automatically find satellite and goes to this screen
and it needs to be restarted as nothing is happening.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Andy_Hazza
29-04-17, 11:26
You should never be switching off the receiver via the rocker switch. Can I ask why you are doing this? Look at it like this, these e2 has Linux OS and are like mini computers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kielson
29-04-17, 11:36
You should never be switching off the receiver via the rocker switch. Can I ask why you are doing this? Look at it like this, these e2 has Linux OS and are like mini computers.

I'm aware of that, sometimes I'm just stuck in a screen and nothing is happening, receiver doesn't respond to anything apart from power cut.

The receiver does not respond to anything, pressing red to abort does notching, what I suppose to do in your opinion?

After the fresh flash signal was picked up straight away on this screen, after couple of seconds I saw "TUNNING" and then tuner settings were displayed.

Andy_Hazza
29-04-17, 11:37
You would be best issuing telnet commands using something like Putty.

kielson
29-04-17, 11:49
Thanks! Will into this.

Any ideas about the problem I've described?

Andy_Hazza
29-04-17, 12:00
Can you use OpenWebIF to post screen shots of your Tuner Configs for both Tuner A & Tuner B? You will use your Internet Browser and in the http:// bar you would enter your Vu+ Solo2 ip address. Then when in your Tuner Config Menu you can right click on the screen and Save As (Name it) and will save as JPEG. You can then attach your pictures here. Just so we can get a better understanding and nice clean pictures too.

joysleep1
29-04-17, 12:34
You would be best issuing telnet commands using something like Putty.

So you can kill a process using this method?

Andy_Hazza
29-04-17, 12:35
You can reboot the receiver in a correct manner.

joysleep1
29-04-17, 12:45
You can reboot the receiver in a correct manner.

So you just type the ip address into the putty programme.. Then what?

ccs
29-04-17, 12:59
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands

malcolmp
29-04-17, 15:37
Please explain why my box will not restart via telnet when box is stuck? It only seems to connect to telnet when box is working OK.

kielson
29-04-17, 21:22
Can you use OpenWebIF to post screen shots of your Tuner Configs for both Tuner A & Tuner B? You will use your Internet Browser and in the http:// bar you would enter your Vu+ Solo2 ip address. Then when in your Tuner Config Menu you can right click on the screen and Save As (Name it) and will save as JPEG. You can then attach your pictures here. Just so we can get a better understanding and nice clean pictures too.

After another fresh flash (downgrade to 4) things were working just fine, but as soon as I restarted the box tuner B lost signal and it's dead.

kielson
30-04-17, 22:18
Any ideas guys? I can't be doing fresh flash, setup, scan, bouquet upload every time I need to restart my box.

Does anyone even understand what is my problem?

What do I need to do in order to get help to sort it out? Would Youtube clip showing the whole problem help?

Andy_Hazza
01-05-17, 06:35
You will need to enable logs. Change location where logs go to, maybe best storing logs to a usb flash drive, then you can easily insert into a pc and then attach the logs here.

kielson
03-05-17, 10:09
I've got the log. How do I attach it?

ccs
03-05-17, 10:10
Use the advanced option when posting.

kielson
04-05-17, 22:06
Here is the log after the restart, when things go belly up.

kielson
07-05-17, 12:59
I just read my initial post and I think it might be a bit misleading.

I wrote that the problem occurs after reset with the switch at the back when in fact it is any restart even a correct one, trough the settings menu.

And I also need to say I'm in the dark now. Not sure what to do. Would someone be kind and direct me where to go with this?
Would any more logs be helpful? What shall I expect after my log upload? Will I get any feedback?
Shall I change the image completely?

BTW. Atm I'm able to access both sattelites and all the additional plugins/features until the first full reboot, after that the tuner fails to pick up the signal and only channels from one satellite can be watched. Tuner can't be set to your desired settings.

Any advice appreciated.

kielson
25-05-17, 22:52
The ABM was causing the crash.

Solved.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk