PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-SE] Vix green screen??

Wavey
27-04-17, 23:24
Good evening

Hope I have this in the right place?

I purchased a technomate nano se m2 plus box today with dual tuner

Loading thebox you get the standard technomate linux load screen(bluey grey but no green overlay) but as soon as openvix loads there is like a green overlay on the screen.. it did come with 5.0.011 on and i upgraded but still havr the green shadow/overlay

Overlay is also there when watching tv on entire screen

Any idea if this is fixable or do i need a replacement box??

abu baniaz
27-04-17, 23:50
Have you tried a different HDMI wire or tried receiver on another TV/HDMI port with different wire?

Wavey
28-04-17, 00:03
Have you tried a different HDMI wire or tried receiver on another TV/HDMI port with different wire?

Thanks for your reply..

I had tried another HDMI but not another TV/Port..

I have tried another port and it works fine??

I had it plugged in to my xbox one and use OneGuide and that is how the green overlay appears, with different cables.. but works fine with my old zgemma box?

abu baniaz
28-04-17, 00:14
I have tried another port and it works fine??

Is that a statement or question?

Wavey
28-04-17, 00:20
Both lol.

Basically now, do you have any idea why the technomate has the green screen when using different cables via xbox one(but works fine via hdmi on tv) but no issues with the zgemma box

abu baniaz
28-04-17, 00:32
How can you state it's working in a different port and also ask if it is working in a different port. Surely you can see and tell everyone.

Logic dictates one would:
State it works in a different port.
Ask why it is working in a different port.

With regards to your query about using HDMI input on the XBOne, I suspect that it is HDMI handshaking issue which has affected some Technomate models. It has been raised a few times.

Wavey
28-04-17, 00:38
How can you state it's working in a different port and also ask if it is working in a different port. Surely you can see and tell everyone.

Logic dictates one would:
State it works in a different port.
Ask why it is working in a different port.

With regards to your query about using HDMI input on the XBOne, I suspect that it is HDMI handshaking issue which has affected some Technomate models. It has been raised a few times.

I see your point apologies I was confused with the whole situation..

I have another question regarding signal if you maybe can help, or should I create a new thread?

some HD channels seem to get a low SNR/AGC (mainly some sports channels) and they glitch badly, it used to be fine but has gradually gotten worse.. The dual tuner in the technomate means i'm using a splitter (5-1000mhz) but the SNR is now worse than before, with ITV(nonHD) also glitching, do you have any idea how I may fix this?

thanks

abu baniaz
28-04-17, 00:43
I'm guessing you are using Cable. You'd probably need to use a powered splitter, like Konig ones. When you add a splitter, you get signal loss.

Wavey
28-04-17, 01:03
I'm guessing you are using Cable. You'd probably need to use a powered splitter, like Konig ones. When you add a splitter, you get signal loss.

I appreciate your help, thanks.

Will get a konig one and try that

IAmATeaf
28-04-17, 07:19
Before you do that, if the cables from the splitter to the box have been made by you, check the connections at each end to see if they are properly made, a single stray earth/shield wire touching the centre can cause issues.

Wavey
28-04-17, 22:46
Before you do that, if the cables from the splitter to the box have been made by you, check the connections at each end to see if they are properly made, a single stray earth/shield wire touching the centre can cause issues.

I bought them but they were quite cheap so could that be a problem potentially?
I also have it plugged in via 15m coaxial being split into two 1m at the other end, could this also be another problem?