PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt] HD51 Picon setting

avalon65
26-04-17, 15:45
I have just finished setting up my new Mutant HD51 box, but I cannot find the setting to get the picons to show on the epg.

I have picons on a USB 3 drive plugged into the back of the box, so all I need to do is change the setting for them to show.

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
26-04-17, 16:09
While in EPG you press the Menu button. You'll change from Service Name to Picons and Service Name or something similar. I'd put your Picons on the Internal Flash personally and get rid of the usb flash drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
26-04-17, 16:09
Hope this guide helps.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53119-Picons-How-to-add-picons-to-your-receiver

abu baniaz
26-04-17, 16:31
There is nothing wrong with USB flash drive for picons. If you want to keep them there, keep them there.

avalon65
26-04-17, 16:34
While in EPG you press the Menu button. You'll change from Service Name to Picons and Service Name or something similar. I'd put your Picons on the Internal Flash personally and get rid of the usb flash drive.

I have managed to change the setting now. I must have had my eyes shut before.

Is there a procedure of some sort to get the picons onto the internal flash from the usb stick.

Andy_Hazza
26-04-17, 16:35
Which Picon's are you using?

avalon65
26-04-17, 16:48
These: MK 220x132 from the OpenVix

avalon65
26-04-17, 16:48
Which Picon's are you using?

These : MK 220x132 from the OpenVix site

Andy_Hazza
26-04-17, 17:31
The MK ones are fab. Great choice. But I would personally use the 400x240 ones. Then using Filezilla or whichever ftp client program you use, you would ftp the "picon" over from your computer to the root of your receiver.

avalon65
26-04-17, 17:47
The MK ones are fab. Great choice. But I would personally use the 400x240 ones. Then using Filezilla or whichever ftp client program you use, you would ftp the "picon" over from your computer to the root of your receiver.

Ok, I'll try the 400x240 picons then.

Blimey, ftp eh, it's been a while since I have used that.

Is there a password and username for the Mutant, as when I click on it in linux, I am asked for username and password for the mutant51.local.
I also have the FTP server on mutant51.

Andy_Hazza
26-04-17, 17:53
Ok, I'll try the 400x240 picons then.

Blimey, ftp eh, it's been a while since I have used that, apart from when I built my own website, and now any file uploads are just automatic.

Filezilla is easy. You would put the satellite receiver's ip address (Menu > Information > Network) into the Host box. Username you would put in > root & the Password you would leave as > (blank) and click on Quick Connect. Then from the left pane (Your PC) to the right pane (HD51) and that is the root so just drag n drop the "picon" folder over.

avalon65
26-04-17, 19:54
Filezilla is easy. You would put the satellite receiver's ip address (Menu > Information > Network) into the Host box. Username you would put in > root & the Password you would leave as > (blank) and click on Quick Connect. Then from the left pane (Your PC) to the right pane (HD51) and that is the root so just drag n drop the "picon" folder over.

Well I dragged the picon folder over to the root of the Mutant box, and after the file transfer was complete, there was a message saying that 11 files could not be transferred. Also, again after transfer was complete, I could not see the picon folder in the root of the box. I assume it's there but I would like to know for sure.

Edit: yes it is there as I logged in to the FTP file server on mutant51, and the picon folder is showing.

Andy_Hazza
26-04-17, 19:59
If you can't see it I bet you have transferred into a folder by mistake? Look in each folder which are in root and you may see a "picon" folder. If so delete & try again. When dragging and dropping make sure you drag your folder/cursor as far over to the right as possible.

avalon65
26-04-17, 22:50
If you can't see it I bet you have transferred into a folder by mistake? Look in each folder which are in root and you may see a "picon" folder. If so delete & try again. When dragging and dropping make sure you drag your folder/cursor as far over to the right as possible.

I edited the post:
Edit: yes it is there as I logged in to the FTP file server on mutant51, and the picon folder is showing.

Sicilian
27-04-17, 06:05
I'd put your Picons on the Internal Flash personally and get rid of the usb flash drive.

Personally I prefer to used a USB flash drive to store picons. Always there after flashing etc... I even set my backups to go to USB drive.

avalon65
27-04-17, 09:49
Just a picon view question:

When I used the MK 220x132 picons on the Technomate receiver, I'm nearly sure that the actual picon showed only the channel number and some background.
What I mean is that, say for example, the BBC1 picon showed the distinctive BBC1 red background, and BBC1 was prominent. While in the 400x240 picons the actual view or picture is very much different, in that the channel number is shown on the near top left, and I would like the picons just to show the channel number with a simple background, as the BBC 1 picon for example.

I have picon and service name , in the Graphical EPG settings.

The other thing is I could have got it completely wrong and all the picons from both the 400x220 and the 220x132 show the same background.

Andy_Hazza
27-04-17, 10:32
I'm unsure what you mean as both sets are identical, just the 400x240 are higher quality. To explain your issue more, you could take a picture using OpenWebIf. On a computer and while using your internet browser type in your receiver's ip address and this opens WebIf. You are able to take pictures. This will better explain your issue to us.

avalon65
27-04-17, 13:13
I'm unsure what you mean as both sets are identical, just the 400x240 are higher quality. To explain your issue more, you could take a picture using OpenWebIf. On a computer and while using your internet browser type in your receiver's ip address and this opens WebIf. You are able to take pictures. This will better explain your issue to us.

Whilst in OpenWebIf, and then on the screenshot page, I click Screenshot (OSD), but where does the actual picture go. Is it memory and then ctrl v, except that doesn't work.

avalon65
27-04-17, 13:52
Scratch the above post, I used my phone to take a picture, as it was easier.#

Andy_Hazza
27-04-17, 13:52
While the picture is showing, just right click on it and Save As a JPEG image. [emoji4] Then attached picture here.

avalon65
27-04-17, 13:58
Ok, here it is:

Andy_Hazza
27-04-17, 14:06
Right get ya. So you want Number > Picon > Name? If so while in EPG press Menu and go through the selection and you will see one that says Service Number, Picon & Service Name and then green button to save.

abu baniaz
27-04-17, 14:06
ignore, already posted.

avalon65
27-04-17, 14:20
Ok it is now as Number, Picon and then Name, so that will do now.

Do you see what I meant about the actual channel number in or on the picon. As I said, I was nearly sure that the picon showed the number on a red background for BBC1, and the ones on this Mutant seem or look different.
Anyway , I'm just a bit picky, so scrub that and they are what they are.

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
27-04-17, 14:23
The MK ones have always been like that. Unless you were using different ones?

Andy_Hazza
27-04-17, 14:26
Have you got your Channel number showing in your Info Bar? To do this press Menu > Setup > System > User Interface > GUI Settings. My setup is; Info Bar Fade Out > Yes. I have mine set to 7 secs (Not the default 5 secs) also scroll down and you'll see Show Channel Number Info Bar > Yes & press the Green button to save.

avalon65
27-04-17, 14:50
Have you got your Channel number showing in your Info Bar? To do this press Menu > Setup > System > User Interface > GUI Settings. My setup is; Info Bar Fade Out > Yes. I have mine set to 7 secs (Not the default 5 secs) also scroll down and you'll see Show Channel Number Info Bar > Yes & press the Green button to save.

After doing the above and changing Info Bar Fade Out to 7 secs, it was 20 secs, and then changing Channel Number Info to Yes, saved it, exited out and guess what: no channel number, and fade out doesn't fade out.

I have missed something???

Attached pic to show:

Andy_Hazza
27-04-17, 14:57
Thats the 2nd Info Bar. Just press the Ok button once while watching TV. [emoji4]

avalon65
27-04-17, 14:58
I couldn't add another picture to my reply and so it's another post.
Gui Settings

avalon65
27-04-17, 15:03
Yes I see what you mean now. The channel picon is on the infobar, and it does fade out fairly quickly:)

avalon65
27-04-17, 16:12
In this link to how to add picons :
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45606-How-to-install-Picons-(channel-logos)-Video-Guide

At 3.10 seconds the BBC1 picon is exactly like I was talking about earlier.

On that video, the picon is very different than the BBC1 picon I have now, as others are.

I hope that clarifies it a bit more for you.

Andy_Hazza
27-04-17, 17:09
Those Picons look like they are by Ocram. Did you install those via the ViX Plugins before I mentioned the MK ones?

avalon65
27-04-17, 17:32
Those Picons look like they are by Ocram. Did you install those via the ViX Plugins before I mentioned the MK ones?

No I didn't actually, as it was the MK ones from the OpenVix website. It is maybe those that I am thinking about and getting mixed up.

gadjit
01-05-17, 18:57
Hi, Just change the subject slightly, what cam do these run ? is it Oscam or do you have a choice ?

cheers

Andy_Hazza
01-05-17, 19:00
Hi, Just change the subject slightly, what cam do these run ? is it Oscam or do you have a choice ?

cheers

What do you mean? This is a "Picon" thread, as in channel pictures, not Oscam as in the Softcam.

gadjit
01-05-17, 19:09
couldn't find where to post this. 'searched' and found this thread

do you have a link where i should be searching pls

Tkr001
01-05-17, 23:03

If you have a question of issue start your own thread instead of crapping on someone else's.

abu baniaz
02-05-17, 00:40

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!