PDA

View Full Version : tuner problems ,

petehill
24-04-17, 11:08
i am a new owner of a mutant hd51 duel tuner , bought from wos..one cable and the other sat. i get sat channels ok . the problem with the cable tuner is i only get channel 5 but its pixelated, i have set it up for only FTAHD only. even with channel 5 i still cant watch it while recording off the sat channels. it says theirs a problem with my tuner configuration. do i loop through the tuners ?

joysleep1
24-04-17, 11:11
i am a new owner of a mutant hd51 duel tuner , bought from wos..one cable and the other sat. i get sat channels ok . the problem with the cable tuner is i only get channel 5 but its pixelated, i have set it up for only FTAHD only. even with channel 5 i still cant watch it while recording off the sat channels. it says theirs a problem with my tuner configuration. do i loop through the tuners ?

I do not think there are any FTA HD channels on cable?

petehill
24-04-17, 11:22
ok its probably sd then, looked liked hd.

joysleep1
24-04-17, 11:25
ok its probably sd then, looked liked hd.

Have you got virgin broadband or virgin TV currently?

petehill
24-04-17, 12:21
yeh just got virgin broadband installed a few month ago.

joysleep1
24-04-17, 12:23
yeh just got virgin broadband installed a few month ago.

So you are splitting the main cable so one is going to your router and one is going into your receiver right?

petehill
24-04-17, 12:32
yeh your right. i am splitting cable from router which also has a metal connector into into the back of the router in which my cable connects through.

joysleep1
24-04-17, 12:35
yeh your right. i am splitting cable from router which also has a metal connector into into the back of the router in which my cable connects through.

Maybe it could be the signal levels need to be adjusted. Although i am not sure if you are allowed to split the signal yourself and whether it is legal or not?

petehill
24-04-17, 12:38
how do i adjust my signal levels ? i am only wanting the free vm channels.

joysleep1
24-04-17, 12:48
how do i adjust my signal levels ? i am only wanting the free vm channels.

There are like 4 or 5 channels which are FTA on virgin. You are better of plugging in a cable and getting all the terrestrial channels

petehill
24-04-17, 12:57
i cant as i have no ariel, i took off the attenuator now i get stv, channel 4 and channel 5 all pixelated and unwatchable but no bbc channels.

garryboy
24-04-17, 13:01
Why did you get a sat tuner?

Surely you'll get plenty of FTA channels via that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petehill
24-04-17, 13:05
i thought i orderd a twin sat box, but must have click on wrong tuner, didnt think it would have mattered much and kept box. how wrong was i . now trying to make the best of a bad situation.

joysleep1
24-04-17, 13:24
i cant as i have no ariel, i took off the attenuator now i get stv, channel 4 and channel 5 all pixelated and unwatchable but no bbc channels.

Just buy any cheap areil that has the f connector type and it should pick up the T2 channels

JonMMM
24-04-17, 13:36
Just buy any cheap areil that has the f connector type and it should pick up the T2 channels

Terrestrial Ariels do not use F connectors

joysleep1
24-04-17, 13:40
Terrestrial Ariels do not use F connectors

oh oops.
But they can connect to the cable tuners right?

Huevos
24-04-17, 14:21
Terrestrial Ariels do not use F connectorsYou have obviously never fitted a terrestrial aerial.

ArielsBTW "Ariel" is a washing powder, not to be confused with "aerial" which is a type of antenna.

JonMMM
24-04-17, 14:30
The bit the plugs into the TV or card is generally not a F Plug

Huevos
24-04-17, 14:56
The socket on the aerial is F. The socket on the STB is Belling Lee.

abu baniaz
24-04-17, 17:54
They are all different between the manufacturers.

The 3T Combo and DM500C have the F-plug.
The Vu and LX3 have the belling lee.

Important thing is to see what you have and what adapter you need.