PDA

View Full Version : [OS-mega] OS mega / Vu+ Solo2 SAMBA access from Server 2012 R2

sigpark
22-04-17, 12:00
Guardians of the Galaxy,

I have a Server 2012 R2 Server (really instead of a NAS) for media / Plex etc. and I am unable to connect to the Samba share of either the OS mega or VU+ Solo2. The two Enigma 2 boxes are visible (along with the other machines and DNLA devices on my network) in the browser of the Server 2012 R2, but I can't connect and get an error "0x80070035 - The network path cannot be found" - have tried with firewall disabled on the server also.

I can connect with Filezilla using their Netbios names (OSMEGA or VUSOLO2) from the Server 2012 R2 AND I can also connect to them from any normal Windows 10 client on my network without any issue (Surface Pro, Laptops and Workstations) never an issue

This issue seems peculiar to Windows Server 2012 R2 access of the Samba shares created. I have tried a few things to no avail on the server local security policy.

If anyone has cracked this or has ideas, would be grateful. As I say, read/write access is 100% from all W10 machines I have, problem is my Server 2012 - thanks

aido
22-04-17, 12:59
Have you checked if SMBv1 is disabled on the Lanmanclient (workstation service)?

SpaceRat
22-04-17, 16:28
Samba on the box supports up to SMBv2.0, so disabled SMBv1 wouldn't be an issue.
Actually I DO have SMBv1 disabled here.

I guess it's somehow security related. The problem might be solvable by adding a Samba password for the root user (By using "smbpasswd -a" on the box' shell) and using that for login.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

sigpark
22-04-17, 17:51
Have you checked if SMBv1 is disabled on the Lanmanclient (workstation service)?

Thanks tried this in a multitude of ways - no luck. At one point I had lost my workstation dependency services and the service would not start - No Luck

Samba on the box supports up to SMBv2.0, so disabled SMBv1 wouldn't be an issue.
Actually I DO have SMBv1 disabled here.

I guess it's somehow security related. The problem might be solvable by adding a Samba password for the root user (By using "smbpasswd -a" on the box' shell) and using that for login.

Thanks for the info - everything else on the network can get to both the VU+ Solo2 and OSmega SMB shares, including Mac OS. It is just WS2012R2 that has issue; and only to these two SAMBA shares - the WS2012R2 can get to other shares and take connections from MacOS and Windows.

I have spent hours trying different things and registry hacks to no avail - often going backward! Thanks - I think I will have to live with this

SpaceRat
23-04-17, 21:44
I do not have Windows 2012R2 server, but I'm pretty sure it simply insists on higher security preferences on the SMB servers.

Using user security with (encrypted) passwords would be the highest you can configure the current Samba 3.6.25 to.
For anything beyond this, you will have to wait for newer (much newer) versions of the distro, with Samba 4.x.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk