PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Plugins

Bluecol52
22-04-17, 09:06
Hi there,
I am trying to download plugins via the green button all I get is message saying error try later which I've done now many times and it's still the same. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Bluecol52

Andy_Hazza
22-04-17, 09:08
Hi there,
I am trying to download plugins via the green button all I get is message saying error try later which I've done now many times and it's still the same. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Bluecol52

What image? Menu > Info > About

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluecol52
22-04-17, 09:20
Hi,
Image type : release

Andy_Hazza
22-04-17, 09:24
So for the last time, what ViX image are you on?
The latest available image is 5.0.013, so I expect to see something similar when you reply.

IAmATeaf
22-04-17, 11:40
Hi,
Image type : release

The numbers in front of (Release) is what you need to post.

ronand
22-04-17, 15:03
So for the last time, what ViX image are you on?
The latest available image is 5.0.013, so I expect to see something similar when you reply.

Its at the top of the thread. Stop using an iphone and talking down to people.

TK4|2|1
22-04-17, 15:10
Its at the top of the thread. Stop using an iphone and talking down to people.

I think he just input the number from the example. Lol.

abu baniaz
22-04-17, 15:17
Best way to find issue is to issue following command

opkg update

Bluecol52
24-04-17, 11:05

Hiya thanks for everybody's replies, I am a real newbie to all this, so please bear with me! I have attached an image of screenshot of the about screen on box. I would appreciate any genuine help with my issue.

Thanks in advance!

silverblack
24-04-17, 11:27
You will need to update to the latest software 5.0.013.

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-solo-2/

However this will wipe the box and you will need to set it up from scratch yourself.

john doe
24-04-17, 11:27

Hiya thanks for everybody's replies, I am a real newbie to all this, so please bear with me! I have attached an image of screenshot of the about screen on box. I would appreciate any genuine help with my issue.

Thanks in advance!

by looking of the image it look like you are on a very old image. plugins do not wok on that image. the only option you have is to usb fresh full flash of the box and setup everything from new

Bluecol52
24-04-17, 15:35
by looking of the image it look like you are on a very old image. plugins do not wok on that image. the only option you have is to usb fresh full flash of the box and setup everything from new

How do I go about flashing the drive then? Is this the reason I can't get the mgcamd file to install via local extensions?

Thanks again!

Andy_Hazza
24-04-17, 15:36
If you have the ipk (mgcamd) file should work fine

Andy_Hazza
24-04-17, 15:37
But wouldn't hurt to do a nice clean install and start a fresh by flashing the latest available image for your receiver.

Bluecol52
24-04-17, 15:45
A couple of times I have loaded the ipk file from FileZilla and then installed it on my box through local extensions, but when I look in the user/keys folder it's empty, so I haven't got any of the files I need to add my n line e.g newcamd.list

Is there a way of downloading the newcamd.list from anywhere to manually put in user/keys through FileZilla?

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
24-04-17, 15:50
Ipk file goes into volatile/tmp folder

Andy_Hazza
24-04-17, 15:50
usr/keys is where your config files go

abu baniaz
24-04-17, 16:20
A couple of times I have loaded the ipk file from FileZilla and then installed it on my box through local extensions, but when I look in the user/keys folder it's empty, so I haven't got any of the files I need to add my n line e.g newcamd.list

Is there a way of downloading the newcamd.list from anywhere to manually put in user/keys through FileZilla?

Thanks

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2-Please-read-the-rules-here

4a. NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN!