PDA

View Full Version : [ET8x00] Problems Downloading Plugins

Tryharder
21-04-17, 15:22
i have been trying to download from Plugins and keep getting a message about the KERNEL being out of date and that I need to install Vix 5.0.011 which I have done twice via Image Manager and 3 times via usb with settings restore and with and without plugins restore and on every occasion after reboot when I go to Download Plugins the same message comes up as before. I tried doing a software update and again the same message. I have tried pulling the power completely for 5mins and still can't d/l any fresh plugins. The box is working fine apart from the message about the Kernel stopping me updating anything....

Has anyone any ideas please..

Rgds.Tryharder

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 15:25
You need to do a fresh usb or couch flash of the latest image.
Also try without any restores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tryharder
21-04-17, 15:30
Sorry I haven't explained myselfvery well but that is exactly what i have done..ie. twice by Couch three times with usb...The Image is loaded everything is working fine but when I try to D/L from Plugins Im still getting the message telling me to update the Image...which I have done 5 times using two different methods

Rgds. Tryharder

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 15:35
I mentioned doing a fresh flash but doing a clean setup, meaning No Restores of Settings & Plugins and see how that goes.

Tryharder
21-04-17, 15:43
That is what I may have to do in the end. But have been reluctant as I have a motorised dish and we are talking setting up 8 or 9 sats. and motor settings etc. etc. Which can be a pain in the harris:)
So I was hoping someone would come up with an alternative..

Thanks

Rgds.Tryharder

abu baniaz
21-04-17, 19:03
Bouquets can always be transferred between images.

You can manually implant the tuner configuration values.

Attach your settings file from /etc/enigma2/ You will have to zip it First.

IAmATeaf
21-04-17, 22:04
Are you sure it's prompting to install 011, I had a message yesterday when checking for updates to say that I had to couch or USB flash as there had been a kernel change. Couch flashed to 013 and then did a restore of my settings and then downloaded plugins with no issues. I always have to manually download plugins as on my et10000 I use the gigabit port which doesn't get configured by default, so when restoring and trying to restore plugins I always get a message related to not being connected to the internet.

Andy_Hazza
22-04-17, 08:30
Are you sure it's prompting to install 011, I had a message yesterday when checking for updates to say that I had to couch or USB flash as there had been a kernel change. Couch flashed to 013 and then did a restore of my settings and then downloaded plugins with no issues. I always have to manually download plugins as on my et10000 I use the gigabit port which doesn't get configured by default, so when restoring and trying to restore plugins I always get a message related to not being connected to the internet.

If I remember right, the ET10K gigabit port didn't work. Someone I know did a test and was still not working, so must be a driver issue. Never worked when I had one either, soon got rid of it mind. Was my least fave receiver tbf.

ccs
22-04-17, 08:43
If I remember right, the ET10K gigabit port didn't work. Someone I know did a test and was still not working, so must be a driver issue. Never worked when I had one either, soon got rid of it mind. Was my least fave receiver tbf.
Mine works ok.

Andy_Hazza
22-04-17, 09:05
The port might work, but it's not true gigabit? thats the word I should have used originally.

IAmATeaf
22-04-17, 09:11
Mine also works but isn't enabled by default which is why a restore fails as its sort of chicken-eggy [emoji851]

ccs
22-04-17, 09:26
5.0.011 => 5.0.013 has an et4k, 8k, 10k kernel change, so my guess is the plugin feeds on 5.0.011 will now be unavailable.

ccs
22-04-17, 09:29
Mine also works but isn't enabled by default which is why a restore fails as its sort of chicken-eggy [emoji851]

If you're using wifi rather Ethernet, the first settings restore will get your wifi working after the reboot, you then you need to do another settings restore to get the plugins downloaded.

IAmATeaf
22-04-17, 11:39
If you're using wifi rather Ethernet, the first settings restore will get your wifi working after the reboot, you then you need to do another settings restore to get the plugins downloaded.

Not using wifi but that's exactly what I do.

George Kildare
22-04-17, 16:11
I had the same problem with 5.011. I flashed with 5.013 and it seems to have been solved.

Tryharder
26-04-17, 14:52
I had the same problem with 5.011. I flashed with 5.013 and it seems to have been solved.

Yep thats what I did in the end. I flashed 5.0.013 without any problems even with restoring settings and Plugins...

Thanks to each...

Rgds. Tryharder