PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-C] Xtrend 8500 cable tuners openvix

murphyb007
21-04-17, 07:56
Hi guys, hoping someone can help me please. I moved to Belfast and wanted to use the box for Virgin Media. I have cable in the house but for some reason the box is not getting a signal in the signal finder? Have I missed something? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 08:06
You'll need the correct Net ID for that area.

murphyb007
21-04-17, 08:06
Thanks Andy, how do I go about that?

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 08:14
Looks like the NetID for Belfast is 00021.
You need to add that/find that in the Providers list if using ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker). Please note though you will only get a handful of FTA Channels. Also note, no line talk is permitted on this forum, so please be careful where you go with this. Also please note In the Tuner Configuration setup, leave the Net ID as all zero's. [emoji4]
Any other questions just ask!

murphyb007
21-04-17, 08:17
Thanks Andy, appreciate help..does the NET ID activate the cable for the FTA channels? I mean I don't need to call Virgin to activate the line etc?

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 08:20
Should be ok. Give it a whirl. ABM is pretty quick as scanning.

murphyb007
21-04-17, 08:21
good stuff :) thanks again

murphyb007
21-04-17, 12:31
Got it sorted, thank you.. is it possible to record one channels and watch one with one cable?

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 12:57
Got it sorted, thank you.. is it possible to record one channels and watch one with one cable?

You need more than one cable tuner to be able to record and watch another channel. If you do have more than one cable tuner, you would put the main coax feed into Tuner A (Input) & then use loop through cables from Tuner A (Output) to Tuner B (Input) and so on.

murphyb007
21-04-17, 13:44
Thanks; there's two cable runners on the box but just the one cable into tunner a, I'll do what you say, cheers

murphyb007
28-04-17, 09:35
Hi, I tried to change tunner b and it wouldn't allow a loop through?

abu baniaz
28-04-17, 09:44
Hi, I tried to change tunner b and it wouldn't allow a loop through?

There is no loop through tuner configuration for DVB-C or DVB-T

Physical/real life: Use a loop cable
Software/tuner config: Set exactly same as other tuner. It is connected to same signal source

murphyb007
28-04-17, 09:49
Sorry. Not sure exactly what you mean. Is there another part I need to add on, Is there maybe a guide please for the configuration?

abu baniaz
28-04-17, 09:54
In tuner configuration, you must set Tuner B exactly the same way you did tuner A. There is no loop through option for DVB-Cable

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44799-Loop-RF-out-for-Cable-Terrestrial

JonMMM
28-04-17, 10:30
You need a cable that goes from Out on Tuner A to In on Tuner B

murphyb007
28-04-17, 18:46
Thanks all, I'll give it a go...

abu baniaz
29-04-17, 04:56
May I suggest you post a picture of the rear of the receiver showing how you have connected the wires. A few people benefitted from doing this.