PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-SE] Slow internet

mo-uk
20-04-17, 22:04
Got my Technomate box box about 10 days ago and been playing around with it - no problems.

About 3 days I started having a few problems with my internet. 2 problems which may or may not be linked. Possibly not.

For info both my PC and Technomate use wired connections which go via a switch.

Firstly although I would have a white light on my (SKY) router showing internet was coming in - my wired and wireless connections would often cut out requiring a reboot of the router. Sky said if it keeps happening they would send me a new router.

Secondly, I also started having problems with my PC and the internet just being very laggy and slow. My ping went up to something like 250ms.

Now about 3 days ago I installed a plugin on my Technomate called XC PLUGIN - it actually crashes the box when it starts so I have never used it.

Thinking that the Technomate could be causing the problems I have unplugged it and lo and behold my internet (certainly from the PC) has gone back to normal - I just did a speedtest and get 10ms ping.

I appreciate there are a lot of variables here such as my router, my pc, my network wiring etc but is there anyway I can try and pin it down to my Technomate?

Is there any way I can see what data usage the box is doing to see if it is trying to constantly download/upload stuff?

I am not an expert in networking but even if the Technomate was uploading/downloading to the max all the time I am not sure it can actually cause any problems with my network in general. Could it be 'flooding' the switch or router and causing a problem?

If I could see data logs it would at least be a starter. I cannot see data usage at router level as Sky don't have that feature.

Any thoughts?

judge
20-04-17, 22:08
Using mgcamd?
If so, you have a badly configured config file flooding your LAN.

abu baniaz
20-04-17, 22:08
Are you using mgcamd with logging enabled?

Andy_Hazza
20-04-17, 22:10
If using Mgcamd, maybe a flakey config file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
20-04-17, 22:26
Looks like a unanimous diagnosis. There are my_cfg files on forum without the logging option enabled.

mo-uk
20-04-17, 23:45
Cheers - yes I am using it.

Will have a look. I didn't realise a piece of equipment could have such an effect on the overall network.