PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN 4K] No epg , no menu, just the last viewed channel

avalon65
20-04-17, 17:58
Yesterday, I downloaded all the Freesat channels and used the epg button on the remote to view the channels and programs.

Now earlier today when I turned on the TV and amplifier, the satellite box just showed the last viewed channel, and I cannot get the epg nor menu up on the screen. It makes no difference what button I press on the remote, nothing happens.

I have had to reboot the box so I can get the epg to show and change channel, 3 times today.
earlier I though the problem was solved as after about 30 minutes , I could change channel etc, but leaving it longer , it doesn't work.

abu baniaz
20-04-17, 18:03
EPG system activates bouquets system. When you press the EPG button, you will open the last selected bouquet. If that no longer exist, there will be an issue.

Have you tried pressing the TV button and then selecting a bouquet or pressing channel up, then blue to select favourites? You should be fine after that to use EPG button directly.

avalon65
20-04-17, 18:39
EPG system activates bouquets system. When you press the EPG button, you will open the last selected bouquet. If that no longer exist, there will be an issue.

Have you tried pressing the TV button and then selecting a bouquet or pressing channel up, then blue to select favourites? You should be fine after that to use EPG button directly.

I just tried what you said, but nothing works, as in no changes to the screen when I press any buttons at all.

Thanks anyway, and it looks like yet another reboot.

abu baniaz
20-04-17, 18:45
Do you have any bouquets at all?

Pleas do not touch or go anywhere near EPG.

avalon65
20-04-17, 18:49
Do you have any bouquets at all?

Pleas do not touch or go anywhere near EPG.

oops, sorry I did a reboot just, and yes I have bouquets now, but maybe not later.

Ok I'll wait for you now then.

abu baniaz
20-04-17, 18:54
Select a bouquet, then select a channel. Then press the EPG button. Is everything fine?

abu baniaz
20-04-17, 19:02
I hope we are talking about the same TV button, the one that alternates between Radio and TV mode. Not the TV button used when the remote has been programmed to control the TV set.

avalon65
20-04-17, 19:11
I hope we are talking about the same TV button, the one that alternates between Radio and TV mode. Not the TV button used when the remote has been programmed to control the TV set.

The TV button I pressed is the only one marked TV at the bottom left of the remote, just above the Vol button.

Now I cannot select anything again, but before after a reboot, then yes I could select a bouquet, then a channel then the epg button and it was ok, but not now though.

abu baniaz
20-04-17, 19:22
Are you able to control the receiver using the remote on openwebif on your PC?

ccs
20-04-17, 19:32
Is the correct hdmi input selected on the tv?

avalon65
20-04-17, 19:34
Are you able to control the receiver using the remote on openwebif on your PC?

I can see the list of channels and or bouquets in Openwebif, but the remote doesn't do anything.

Yes the correct HDMI is selected, as I use an a/v amplifier and there are 6 HDMI ports wher each of my devices is labeled and plugged into each port.
The satellite box is plugged into the respective port, but regardless, why does it work after a reboot but not work after and hour or so later

The remote on the webpage you mean eh, and not the actual physical remote Doh!

Yes using the webpage remote I can control the box to some degree, and now have the epg onscreen on openwebif.

Would that suggest a faulty remote?

Tkr001
20-04-17, 23:03
Tried changing the batteries?

avalon65
21-04-17, 07:19
Tried changing the batteries?

Yes, and it didn't make any difference.

After a reboot everything works, including the remote, and even when nothing works, ie no epg or anything else, the remote still makes the green led to blink when a button is pressed

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 08:08
Try connecting directly to the TV & not through the Amp. You need to test n eliminate things as you go along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avalon65
21-04-17, 09:56
Try connecting directly to the TV & not through the Amp. You need to test n eliminate things as you go along.

Unfortunately that didn't make any difference, connecting direct from TV to satellite box.

Just one thing is that I have noticed that the satellite box gets quite warm to hot when it is left on all the time. Maybe I am clutching at straws.

I can see from openwebif that in CrossEPG start order that Rytec UK XMLTV is at the top of the list, with SkyUK Open TV next and Mediaset 3rd.

Bearing in mind I only want Freesat channels, Freesat is not in the list. Now could that be the problem.

What about doing a reset or similar to remove the bouquets and disable crossepg, as I feel that the problem started when I started playing around with crossepg settings etc.

avalon65
21-04-17, 10:50
Unfortunately that didn't make any difference, connecting direct from TV to satellite box.

Just one thing is that I have noticed that the satellite box gets quite warm to hot when it is left on all the time. Maybe I am clutching at straws.

I can see from openwebif that in CrossEPG start order that Rytec UK XMLTV is at the top of the list, with SkyUK Open TV next and Mediaset 3rd.

Bearing in mind I only want Freesat channels, Freesat is not in the list. Now could that be the problem.

What about doing a reset or similar to remove the bouquets and disable crossepg, as I feel that the problem started when I started playing around with crossepg settings etc.

Ok, when I press the blue standyby button on the front of the receiver, it does not change to from Blue to Red. When clicking on the remote in openwebif buttons, then the screen on my PC does respond accordingly, but the actual physical receiver connect to the tv does not respond in that no changes are mad on the screen. What I mean is that the screen on openwebif is not replicated on the tv screen.

Sicilian
21-04-17, 11:28
I'd suggest you do exactly as follows:

1) Re-USB flash the receiver with latest build 5.0.013.
2) Setup new, do not restore any backups.
3) Use Autobouquetsmaker to scan.
4) Press down button to bring up bouquets etc..
5) DO NOT INSTALL ANY EXTRA SKINS OR PLUGINS, TEST AS FREE TO AIR ONLY.

If the GUI stop appearing, go to open webif, press menu, check TV is menu is on screen. If not contact where you purchased.

avalon65
21-04-17, 11:47
I'd suggest you do exactly as follows:

1) Re-USB flash the receiver with latest build 5.0.013.
2) Setup new, do not restore any backups.
3) Use Autobouquetsmaker to scan.
4) Press down button to bring up bouquets etc..
5) DO NOT INSTALL ANY EXTRA SKINS OR PLUGINS, TEST AS FREE TO AIR ONLY.

If the GUI stop appearing, go to open webif, press menu, check TV is menu is on screen. If not contact where you purchased.

I have just downloaded the latest build 5.0.013, and does it need to be extracted at all. Also what is the process to flash the receiver, and if something goes wrong, then ???

I bought the receiver from WOS 2 days ago.

Sicilian
21-04-17, 11:49
Flashing guide here:

http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/Technomate%20USB%20Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20flash%20a%20TM-Twin%204K.pdf

Also is the receiver connected direct to TV or connected to your amp? If connected to amp for this test connect direct to TV.

avalon65
21-04-17, 12:10
Thanks, but I will do it later now as I have to go out in the next 45 minutes.

Actually, I am just trying something now, and I have put the receiver in Standby to see how warm it gets and will it work properly later.

avalon65
21-04-17, 12:49
I have flashed the receiver ok and started as new. Now when I try to use ABM to scan, I get a message saying "setup in configuration" I have select expert in the config section.

What have I missed?

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 12:58
It means your Tuner Configuration.

avalon65
21-04-17, 14:11
It means your Tuner Configuration.

Yes ok thanks,.
I configured the tuners to expert mode and saw it was 19.2 E Astra, but shouldn't it be 28.2 Astra?
When I scanned using ABM there were no UK or English providers, and no Bouquets. I changed the tuners to 28.2, but I am getting this tuner "setup in configuration" again.

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 14:12
In tuner configuration you need to set all your satellite tuners to 28.2 Astra if you have Freesat.

avalon65
21-04-17, 14:55
I have set both tuners to 28.2 Astra, and when I selected an automatic scan , it was scanning the 19.2 statellite.
help!

I have a listing of freesat channels now, and have hidden what we don't watch, but there is no epg as of yet.

The background screen is of OpenVix, and has been saying "Please Wait" for the last 15 minutes. I don't know what it is waiting for.

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 15:33
Why are you doing an automatic scan? All you need to do when doing a fresh install and basic setup;
Go through the FIW (First Install Wizard) where you select HDMI, Resolution etc. When at the Tuner Configuration you set both your tuners to 28.2 (Try Advanced, 28.2 Astra & LNB1). You would choose to not scan now and manually do this later etc. You would go into ABM (Service Searching) and select Freesat for your Providers, tailor your ABM setup to your needs and Start Scan. Exit back to your tv and if you press your TV button (you should have a Radio & a TV on your remote) and this will bring your Bouquets up. Select a section and a channel.

avalon65
21-04-17, 16:05
Why are you doing an automatic scan? All you need to do when doing a fresh install and basic setup;
Go through the FIW (First Install Wizard) where you select HDMI, Resolution etc. When at the Tuner Configuration you set both your tuners to 28.2 (Try Advanced, 28.2 Astra & LNB1). You would choose to not scan now and manually do this later etc. You would go into ABM (Service Searching) and select Freesat for your Providers, tailor your ABM setup to your needs and Start Scan. Exit back to your tv and if you press your TV button (you should have a Radio & a TV on your remote) and this will bring your Bouquets up. Select a section and a channel.

Ok, I have re flashed the box again and started afresh.

Now after setting up the tuners to 28.2 Astra, then did a manual scan later. When I press the TV button I get a listing of Bouquets and then channels. I have the BBC1 HD channel playing ok.

What would be next to get the epg working as such.

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 16:19
For setting up your EPG do the following;
Make sure in your EPG settings that the EPG data is saved to your HDD. Run a daily schedule to suit a time for you & ABM. So for example if you have scheduled a daily ABM scan for 5am then set the daily EPG schedule to run at 5:15am.
In your CrossEPG use OpenTV to generate your EPG data.

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 16:38
Also should have said when you've setup Your EPG, exit back to your TV then press the Blue button and run CrossEPG Downloader.

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 16:41
Scrap Those last 2 posts. Just been told for Freesat no need to schedule a scan or use CrossEPG or OpenTV, so undo those but keep it so that your EPG data gets stored to your HDD.

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 16:45
Just make sure Freesat EPG is enabled in the settings. It should be.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> EPG settings -> Enable FreeSat EPG

avalon65
21-04-17, 17:15
Thanks very much for walking me through the setup, much appreciated, and I think that's it now.

When I previously set up CrossEPG I used the OopenVix instructions, and this time I noticed that the rytec provider was not showing in the providers list. It looks like it is not needed now?

All the channels are back in the epg with the relevant picons, and the other half is now happy

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 17:34
I'm glad alls good, fingers x'd. [emoji4] No, the Rytec Provider isn't needed here. If you are happy with your setup, you can always create a backup using BlUe Button > ViX > Backup Manager & then press the Green Button. This will save your settings etc so if you ever did a fresh image install, you have a Backup you could use. [emoji4]
If you would like to try a different Skin, you can do this via the Plugins. Menu > Plugins > Green Button and go to Skins. XBMC Bello, XBMC Confluence, YouViX-Blue are nice ones to try.

avalon65
21-04-17, 17:56
Well I don't believe this;: It has just happened again. I turned the TV on etc, picked up the remote and nothing works again! Why!

For what it's worth I can control the box on openwebif with the remote on the screen, but not with the physical remote.

Pressing any button at all does not change anything from the screen it is on now.

Any ideas as to what is causing this again ? Faulty box or ??

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 18:00
Looks to be a faulty remote to me. Try some good quality batteries, like Duracell ones. You might laugh at this, but do you have dome sort of energy saving lights or anything that you can think of that may interfere with your remote?

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 18:05
Or it could be an HDMI-CEC issue. Could try turning this off on your TV/Amp & Satellite receiver, but my guess the Satellite receiver HDMI-CEC will be disabled.

avalon65
21-04-17, 18:53
I did try some different batteries earlier today, rechargables they were, and it didn't make any difference, but I will try some others to be sure.

About energy saving lights, could be a reason if they were on, but non of them are yet.

The HDMI CEC setting was disabled on the satellite box, and I couldn't find any reference to it either on my amp or TV

I know one thing: the other half isn't very happy again!

Do you think it is worth opening a ticket worth WOS?

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 19:28
I would email WoS and see what they say before opening a ticket. They might suggest something. I have messaged Stef and given him an heads up already. WoS are good. [emoji4]

avalon65
21-04-17, 19:37
I can't see where I could send an email as the Contact Us goes to the open a ticket page. I'll maybe have to ring them on Monday.

Roughly, it seems to be that after a reboot to getting things working again, it takes about 40 to 50 minutes before it stops working. The remote does make the front panel led to blink green when a button is pressed.

Could you suggest any other box with roughly the same specs as the technomate 4k twin tuner. It's just so if I am asked about a replacement or something.

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 19:49
The Mut@nt HD51 or the Octagon SF4008 are similar spec'd and price.

avalon65
21-04-17, 19:56
Are they both pvr receivers, as it doesn't actually say.

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 19:58
Yeah they all are once HDDs are installed. [emoji4]

avalon65
21-04-17, 20:04
Yeah they all are once HDDs are installed. [emoji

Ok, thanks for that.

Sicilian
22-04-17, 06:09
I can't see where I could send an email as the Contact Us goes to the open a ticket page. I'll maybe have to ring them on Monday.

Roughly, it seems to be that after a reboot to getting things working again, it takes about 40 to 50 minutes before it stops working. The remote does make the front panel led to blink green when a button is pressed.

Could you suggest any other box with roughly the same specs as the technomate 4k twin tuner. It's just so if I am asked about a replacement or something.

Open a support ticket www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/support/

avalon65
22-04-17, 20:45
Done and posted earlier.