PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] DVB-T/T2/C USB Black Screen

schoolboyerror
20-04-17, 16:13
Hi,

I have a full TV package with Virgin Media that serves my lounge. After a discussion with VM about something unrelated they said that if I use an old VM box on an extension then I can get most Freeview channels through it. I've been tinkering with a Vu+ box for a while now and i already had a Sky DVB USB stick laying around so I decided to make use of these instead buying yet more hardware. The Vu+ box was supplied by the sponsors but the usb stick was not, I think my dad gave it to me to see what I could do with it.
Anyhoo, I have plugged it into the Vu+ box and loaded the driver successfully and it's loading as Tuner E. A-D are Sat/Astra Tuners. I have set the USB tuner to DVB-C, set my Area Code to 15, same as my TiVo box and replicated the Freq. & QAM settings. I ran a scan and got the channels in the list that I'd expect, then ran the ABM which also did it's job perfectly. The problem is that when I tune into any of the channels they're black screens with a 'Tune Fail!' box in the centre.
I have discovered that the Signal is at 0% while the 'Signal' box has a green tick.
The TiVo box has 75% signal and all services are fine.
The Vu+ unit has been plugged into the same feed as the TiVo box and it's still @ 0%
The TiVo box has been plugged into the extension and runs fine with 72%.

So having tested the cables, which are new btw, and tested the signal can anyone give me any pointers?

abu baniaz
20-04-17, 16:26
You only get a handful of free channels on Cable. You would be better off connecting to an aerial.

when you say signal is at 0, are those all the frequencies or just one frequncy?

schoolboyerror
20-04-17, 16:30
I replicated two frequencies and 2 QAM's from the TiVo box Tuners and both show not a flicker of signal.

abu baniaz
20-04-17, 16:37
If you select BBC one in your ABM cable bouquets, does that also show no signal?

Are you allowed to say which tuner you are using?

schoolboyerror
20-04-17, 18:16
No, All terrestrial and FTA say the same thing. It's an unmarked tuner with 'Sky DVB' on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
20-04-17, 18:24
No, All terrestrial and FTA say the same thing. It's an unmarked tuner with 'Sky DVB' on the front.

How do you expect to get Terrestrial if you are connected to a DVB-C signal wire?

schoolboyerror
20-04-17, 19:01
Ok I should have just said FTA. I just meant BBC, ITV etc.

IAmATeaf
21-04-17, 09:05
I just stopped my cam and checked and the only free channels I get are bbc1, bbc2, itv, ch4 and c5 but only the sd versions. Even the supposed virgin freeview channel that advertises their wares doesn't clear.

IAmATeaf
21-04-17, 09:10
Are you sure the sky dvb tuner is cable of receiving and deciding dvb-c signals?

schoolboyerror
21-04-17, 10:01
Ah, I did a channel swap in ABM so it's possible that it is receiving them in SD but I haven't checked.
I may give it up as a bad lot. I only wanted it working because I have the kit sitting idle.
I'll check it out later, thank you

IAmATeaf
21-04-17, 16:15
Does the USB stick have any identifier or model no?

schoolboyerror
25-04-17, 21:19
No nothing more than what Ive written unfortunately.
I now have BBC 1&2 and bazzarly
ITV PPV HD but nowt else.