PDA

View Full Version : Couch flash for Ultimo 4K

tappari
20-04-17, 09:57
Is there any chance that we can see couch-flash possibility for Ultimo 4K in near future?

Andy_Hazza
20-04-17, 10:20
Unfortunately not with the ViX image. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nsw9154
20-04-17, 11:05
i wish we could as it's a right P.I.T.A having to re-install Vix every time i want to revert between Dev & Release just to try a different version of vix for testing :confused: :mad:

Andy_Hazza
20-04-17, 11:23
Lazy sod!

Trial
20-04-17, 13:07
Hi Andy,
are you sure I did not test recently? For Solo 4K there was also no couch flashing when it was new but ofgwrite was changed and then it worked there also. Flashing from within a running system is possible with full automatic backup plugin.

Ralf

Andy_Hazza
20-04-17, 14:36
Yeah recent Release builds closed the loophole unfortunately. People could "couch flash" with the OK button, even though the Blue Button (Restore) option was not present.

duoduo
20-04-17, 14:38
Please can you elaborate ralf, is it safe and the process please

Andy_Hazza
20-04-17, 14:49
Please can you elaborate ralf, is it safe and the process please

Like I've just said in my previous post. This loophole has now been permanently closed in ViX.

abu baniaz
20-04-17, 14:58
The Vix team's decision was not to allow ofgwrite to operate within ImageManager on the newer receivers. Other images are happy with it.

If you are happy to take the risk, you can install Pedro's plugin. That will invoke ofgwrite.

tappari
21-04-17, 12:37
Like I've just said in my previous post. This loophole has now been permanently closed in ViX.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMaybe you should ask help from Andrew Blackburne to solve this problem.

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 12:48
Andy.B won't allow "couch flash" on ViX images for ARM receivers. It can be done, with a modified file that I have, but unfortunately I won't share it and I use it at my own risk.

duoduo
21-04-17, 19:58
Oh Andy you are such a tease aren't you :rolleyes:

Andy_Hazza
21-04-17, 19:59
I know. I do apologise. [emoji5]

micscave
16-06-17, 18:21
Hello all.

I've had my Ultimo 4K for a couple of days now, love it, great bit of kit.

It came ready flashed with 5.0.016, I now see the flashing update symbol is green and 5.0.017 is available.

I take it from looking at this thread I must only flash using a USB stick and not doing an online update?

Andy_Hazza
16-06-17, 18:45
I know. I do apologise. [emoji5]

No, online updates are fine. Just if you were going from 4.2 to 5.0, it would be usb flash as couch flash is disabled. [emoji4]

twol
16-06-17, 18:57
Andy, you are correct about ViX, but stop apologising for the person that imposed this restriction...
I have historically couch flashed all my boxes (ET8500, SF4008, Gigablue 4K, Mut@nt HD51) and have never had an issue ..... unlike usb flash..... and I couch flash at times several times a day when I am testing something... without failure. On the HD51 there is even no need to flash over the current live image, so what is the problem?

Usually I keep quiet but this situation is down to a lack of understanding (I believe) in how ofgwrite works... and the person concerned should re-evaluate his position.

Andy_Hazza
16-06-17, 19:08
Andy, you are correct about ViX, but stop apologising for the person that imposed this restriction...
I have historically couch flashed all my boxes (ET8500, SF4008, Gigablue 4K, Mut@nt HD51) and have never had an issue ..... unlike usb flash..... and I couch flash at times several times a day when I am testing something... without failure. On the HD51 there is even no need to flash over the current live image, so what is the problem?

Usually I keep quiet but this situation is down to a lack of understanding (I believe) in how ofgwrite works... and the person concerned should re-evaluate his position.

I couch flash all the time, thanks to your help. [emoji4]

duoduo
16-06-17, 19:25
Twol please share this secret, I have held back updating to 5.0 on my solo4k although I have tried several usbs and failed hopelessly, even my trusted one not having it.

Andy_Hazza
16-06-17, 19:29
Twol please share this secret, I have held back updating to 5.0 on my solo4k although I have tried several usbs and failed hopelessly, even my trusted one not having it.

We can't sorry.

micscave
16-06-17, 19:30
No, online updates are fine. Just if you were going from 4.2 to 5.0, it would be usb flash as couch flash is disabled. [emoji4]

Hi Andy

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

duoduo
16-06-17, 22:31
We can't sorry.

Hey thought you were Andy not Twol lol..

Twol please pm me buddy..

abu baniaz
17-06-17, 00:14
@duoduo

If you are happy to use it, you can use this plugin to flash
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56800-Automatic-full-backup-by-Dimtrij

duoduo
17-06-17, 08:56
@Abu

Will this work with the solo4k? Is there a guide or is it straight forwards to do?

abu baniaz
22-11-17, 00:28
@Abu

Will this work with the solo4k? Is there a guide or is it straight forwards to do?

Sorry about delay in response. select device, select image, extract it, select folder, flash it

duoduo
22-11-17, 09:03
Works a treat, Thank you so much. :thumbsup: