PDA

View Full Version : et8500 will not go to 19e etc from 28e

ALIEN1X
16-04-17, 21:55
Hi,
My current sat configuration is stuck at 28e and will not go to 13e,19e,0.8w or 30w.

I can move the dish via positioner setup but not select channels out side of 28e, the dish will not move through that procedure apart from fine adjust mode etc.
All was working ok before until now.

I have updated to latest firmware but still the same problem.

Also noted when starting up the box its a bit slughish on the remote for first 2 mins then ok.

Any ideas on above?

ALIEN1X
23-04-17, 20:07
To be more specific, I have scanned in channels 28.e and 19.2 manually via positioner and saved it under positions 1 and 2 in stored memory and index.
The dish will not move when changing channels form 28.2 to channels on 19.2?

abu baniaz
23-04-17, 20:15
What kind of hardware have you got. In terms of motor/positioner/jack etc.

Attach your settings file, you wwill find it in /etc/enigma2/ You need to zip it before you can attach it to post.

abu baniaz
23-04-17, 20:19
How many tuner modules do you have?

Describe what hardware is connected to each tuner. Separate answer for each tuner please.

For each tuner describe what the you have used in tuner configuration. Separate answer for each tuner please.

ALIEN1X
24-04-17, 19:34
What kind of hardware have you got. In terms of motor/positioner/jack etc.

Attach your settings file, you wwill find it in /etc/enigma2/ You need to zip it before you can attach it to post.

I have 1 single extrend plug in sat tunner inside my ET8500 I have attached muy settings file

My dish is triax currently poisoned at 28e with channels scanned in.
My motor is Techmomate about over 7 years old

I have also manualy scanned in sat on19.2 channels by moving the using move east andn west + fine tune.

But as mentioned I can t move the dish from 28.2 to 19.2 when selecting channels form one sat to another.

I also used the set up guide on this forum with postioner settings saved for both sats that was scanned in.

The dish even under USALS should turn even for example if it not aligned but even that set up would not work, only move east west buttons will work to manualyy find sats.

abu baniaz
24-04-17, 19:47
What kind of motor is it?

I am repeating what was asked in post 3. If you don't want to answer, please say so, I won't ask again.

abu baniaz
24-04-17, 20:04
The problem is there is only one satellite position set. For solution to be suggested, we need to know what hardware you have and for which method of control it was installed.

ALIEN1X
24-04-17, 20:34
The problem is there is only one satellite position set. For solution to be suggested, we need to know what hardware you have and for which method of control it was installed.

I hope this helps, I have diseq 1.2 motor which also has USAL compatibility but that as u know USAL did not work. I do not use a diseq switch, no actuator or jacks, no vbox etc its all done via motor, single universal LNB.

I have attached some set up menus if that helps

abu baniaz
24-04-17, 20:37
but that as u know USAL did not work.
Why doesn't USALS work?

Why are you missing and matching control processes? ( Don't be afraid to say "I am not sure how to set it up correctly")

Are your co-ordinates east or west?

ALIEN1X
24-04-17, 20:46
Why doesn't USALS work? I think it worked before but no longer, no sure why

Why are you missing and matching control processes? ( Don't be afraid to say "I am not sure how to set it up correctly") I'm not sure how to set it correctly

Are your co-ordinates east or west? East as in latitude

abu baniaz
24-04-17, 21:06
Why doesn't USALS work?

ALIEN1X
24-04-17, 22:24
I'm not sure why USALS dose not work, I remember setting it up last time and recently it stoped working , so checked settings form last time but dish will not move when selecting channels.

That's why tried diseq 1.2 method and that did not work.

So had to move dish manually and scan in channels using east and west buttons on the reciver via remote. The dish at present is set at 28.2 e

abu baniaz
24-04-17, 22:40
Please define USALS does not work.

1. Motor does not move
2. Motor moves but does not lock on satellites

abu baniaz
25-04-17, 01:19
Just re-read your other thread a few months back. How do you want to do this?

ALIEN1X
25-04-17, 17:50
Please define USALS does not work.

1. Motor does not move
2. Motor moves but does not lock on satellites

Under USALS Configeration

1. Motor dose move, only when going into positioner settings and when select move east or west and also fine step movement
2. Motor dose not move or lock onto other saterlites when selecting channels,its set on channels on 28.2 east at presnet

ALIEN1X
25-04-17, 17:53
Just re-read your other thread a few months back. How do you want to do this?
I can do this which ever way u think is easy. I did refer back to my other threads some months back and re tried, but for some strange reason the motor will mot move or lock onto other saterlites. any more, so I'm a bit puzzled. Could it be faulty motor, or software?

abu baniaz
25-04-17, 17:58
I am going to try and help you.

Please only do what is asked of you. Do not try and do anything else.
Answer only what is asked of you. Do not add anything in your response that will confuse/complicate the issue

If questions/instructions are not clear, say so, instead of doing something else.

Are these conditions acceptable?

ALIEN1X
25-04-17, 18:05
I am going to try and help you.

Please only do what is asked of you. Do not try and do anything else.
Answer only what is asked of you. Do not add anything in your response that will confuse/complicate the issue

If questions/instructions are not clear, say so, instead of doing something else.

Are these conditions acceptable?
That's fine,

abu baniaz
25-04-17, 18:19
1. Please do not think about scanning at all. DO NOT GO anywhere into service searching menu

Stop your receiver with the following command

init 4

Guide here if you need it
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands

Do not proceed until you have done the step above

Download and extract the attachment

Transfer the attachments to /etc/enigma2

Restart receiver with following command

init 3

6. select a service on 28.2: Press following on remote
Channel Up
Green (satellite)
Highlight 28.2 and press OK,
Select any service you want

7.select a service on 19.2: Press following on remote
Channel Up
Green (satellite)
Highlight 19.2 and press OK,
Select ZDF (go upwards)

Questions: ( please answer with yes/no)
6A: Does motor move at all
6B: Do you get a lock on channels on 28.2

7A: Does motor move at all
7B: Do you get a lock on ZDF on 19.2

ALIEN1X
25-04-17, 19:04
I'm at your instruction note 6. After entering init 3, the receiver restarted and is now saying please wait. Its been a few minutes like that.

ok had to click on menu to see if I can stake this any futher selected 28.2 and can see all channels.

Questions: ( please answer with yes/no)
6A: Does motor move at all - NO
6B: Do you get a lock on channels on 28.2 - YES

7A: Does motor move at all - NO
7B: Do you get a lock on ZDF on 19.2 - NO

abu baniaz
25-04-17, 19:08
What happens if you press channel up on remote?

Or even TV?

abu baniaz
25-04-17, 19:24
Question 7C
When you attempt to select a 19.2 service, what happens on the screen.

Can you attach your settings file again please.

abu baniaz
25-04-17, 19:26
Please post answer in new post, instead of editing existing responses.

ALIEN1X
25-04-17, 19:27
while on 28.2 I can press channel up on remote and go onto difrent channels.
I can move dish to 19.2 and select channels normally
I can only move dish if going into positioner settings and select move east or west

ALIEN1X
25-04-17, 19:33
53563When I select 19.2 dish will not move, get blank screen. I have attached my settings file

typo error on post 24, should read - I can not move dish to 19.2 and select channels normally

abu baniaz
25-04-17, 19:36
Do you get an icon to indicate that it is trying to move?

Is dish visible from where you are?

Which image are you on?

ALIEN1X
25-04-17, 19:44
I get icon dish is trying to move 28.2 to 19.2 but dish is not moving
dish is visible from where I am
when I select the channel on 19.2 even if dish will not move, it says Tune Failed.
selecting 28.2 back again its all ok on that sat only
my imgage is 5.0.0.11

abu baniaz
25-04-17, 19:51
If you get an icon to indicate that it is trying to move, the software is fine. But that does not explain why you can move it in service searching menu manually.

Is the f-plug/wire direct to receiver or do you have any joints/face plates?

ALIEN1X
25-04-17, 19:57
I have a cable between receiver and wall faceplate socket
from wall faceplate socket there is cable direct to motor.
The motor only moves east or west when I select positioner settings on reviver menu.
all the cables have f plugs
I can take a picture of my saterlight dish and motor if that helps?

abu baniaz
25-04-17, 20:06
my suspicion is on face plate. Can you bypass it using a joining barrell?

ALIEN1X
25-04-17, 23:14
Hi,
you mean disconnecting my cable from motor to wall socket and conecting it direct to receiver?
That would be difficult as its all hard wired into the socket. Shurely it can't be the socket as there is power/signal going thru the cable because I can move the dish motor via positioner settings by pressing move east or west?
Is it worth doing a hard reset of the motor, I can move it to approx zero position manually then reset it?
Hope my understanding is correct on above?
I Have attached pictures of my motor and dish taken when it was first installed.

abu baniaz
25-04-17, 23:42
I suppose only thing left to do is to flash receiver again. Use the screenshot I uploaded for you in December.

ALIEN1X
26-04-17, 19:01
Hi abu, I sorted the problem out, it was the motor which needed a hardware reset. Thanks for your time and help, appreciated