PDA

View Full Version : LCD layout

steevieboy4u
14-04-17, 16:37
Hi all.

Been trying to get these issues sorted with my Duo 2 and finding it more difficult than I thought. First is when playing back media from USB etc (photo with no text) the time bar overlays the time. Then my 2nd problem is when I play back something I play back from something I've recorded to the Duo 2 it does the same as the photo but then also continuously shows text about what is playing how do I stop the text and just show the picon from the channel that has been recorded?

Cheers peoplehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170414/5834db0400b80b9dec842325913724e3.jpg

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

bellejt
14-04-17, 17:05
you can configure it at your wishes via webif : http://ipadressbox/lcd4linux/config.
Or use one of the configs in the right topic on this board.

steevieboy4u
14-04-17, 17:09
I've looked through the lcdlinux plugin settings and managed to make it even more of a mess. I wanted to have the 5 day weather showing in standby but somehow managed to make it show instead of the picon permanently so just made it go back to the default view now I've got this [emoji14]

gerinemo
15-04-17, 08:38
As bellejt suggested
Its easier to use your web browser to manage the lcd screen
Changes made from your web browser appear on the lcd as your making them

Or it may be easier to download a lcd 4 linux config file from someone who has a duo2 and install it on your box

gerinemo
15-04-17, 09:15
If you want to test
you can make a backup of your existing config

Here is a copy of my lcd4linux config
unzip it and ftp it to /tmp on your box
go into the plugin lcd4linux with your remote
when in the plugin press menu on the remote and you should see an option to restore config from tmp

fairly simple config
it shows the program name time & and picon for whats on
Then after 20 mins it switches to the weather this can be changed to 5 day forecast
good luck5346753468

steevieboy4u
15-04-17, 15:44
Thanks for the info, i'll give it a try.
How do you manage the LCD using your web browser? Is there an app or software required? Thanks

steevieboy4u
15-04-17, 15:48
Just re-read what Bellejt wrote and can see i need to add my own IP address to his link :-P Previously i just tried clicking his link and nothing loaded :P
I'll have a play with that and see how i get on and also have a look through some of the other configs on here.

Many thanks for the advice / help :thumbsup:

gerinemo
15-04-17, 17:02
Yep just type in what ever the ip address of your box is
no app needed
Have fun :-)

steevieboy4u
07-07-17, 23:40
Hi all,

got my LCD all set up as i want but for some reason when i play back a recording the time lapsed bar is still on the top of the display covering the clock (like in my first post)

Where in the settings can i change this so its at the bottom of the display rather than at the top?

Thanks

gerinemo
08-07-17, 07:51
When you are configuring the layout you need to highlight which screen your configuring with the little radio button on the top that says

on idle media
when you have the radio button at on your adjusting the screen for when your duo is on and idle would be when the duo is off and media is what is shown when playing media files / recordings

so if your screen looks off when playing recordings you need to click on the media radio button then set up the screen

You should probably make a back up first though

steevieboy4u
08-07-17, 08:15
When you are configuring the layout you need to highlight which screen your configuring with the little radio button on the top that says

on idle media
when you have the radio button at on your adjusting the screen for when your duo is on and idle would be when the duo is off and media is what is shown when playing media files / recordings

so if your screen looks off when playing recordings you need to click on the media radio button then set up the screen

You should probably make a back up first thoughThanks for that..... now I understand :)

I've just had a quick play and it all looks good now.

Cheers pal

steevieboy4u
08-07-17, 12:40
Me again.... How do I change the brightness on the middle LCD (none colour one) I've tried everything even using the plugin on the box and can't see where to increase it? [emoji14]

Thanks

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

gerinemo
08-07-17, 15:00
As in the VFD ?
the bluish panel
if so its in the settings with the remote not the web browser

gerinemo
08-07-17, 15:02
Menu
setup
system
front display panel
front display settings

steevieboy4u
09-07-17, 22:31
Cheers Gerinemo :)
Didn't realise it had to be done through the Vix settings I've been try the plugin and web browser for the display [emoji14]
All sorted now.

Thanks again pal

steevieboy4u
11-07-17, 21:25
Almost got my screens exactly as I like them :)
So thanks for all the help.
Is there anyway to get the red dot to flash on the colour screen when there's a recording..... I'm sure it used to..... Or was that my old Vu+ Duo 1st version? :Phttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170711/8e1827f3a104c4bc3432fc4254f5be62.jpg

knislinge2000
31-03-18, 08:41
Has a question about my LCD screen.
When I configure it in LCD Linux4 it looks like I want it BUT my LCD screen shows just the default image.