PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 Frequency of OpenVix Updates

bathingaper
13-04-17, 17:10
A couple months back, I just upgraded my image after having not updated in a year or so. I was running Hades I think. I have now went and tried to update from the box, and been given a message that no updates are available. I think I'm running 4.x.x. I check OpenVix and we're now on to version 5...with there having been 11 revisions of version 5 since the beginning of March.

My question is - how do you guys keep up to date with the updates? I have just spent a while configuring my box to the way it suits me (skin, epg settings, bouques, timer, auto timers etc) and don't want to go through it all again. Is it possible to restore all these settings after an update, as I usually start from scratch.

john doe
13-04-17, 17:39
A couple months back, I just upgraded my image after having not updated in a year or so. I was running Hades I think. I have now went and tried to update from the box, and been given a message that no updates are available. I think I'm running 4.x.x. I check OpenVix and we're now on to version 5...with there having been 11 revisions of version 5 since the beginning of March.

My question is - how do you guys keep up to date with the updates? I have just spent a while configuring my box to the way it suits me (skin, epg settings, bouques, timer, auto timers etc) and don't want to go through it all again. Is it possible to restore all these settings after an update, as I usually start from scratch.

depending if you have software updates set to yes, you should see a flashing green circle that will flash, telling you that an update for your box is available. before updating always do a backup of image & setting. you then dont need to reconfigure epg and the rest.

you are best updating the box when new update comes out. you may need to usb flash to 5.0.

bathingaper
13-04-17, 18:09
depending if you have software updates set to yes, you should see a flashing green circle that will flash, telling you that an update for your box is available. before updating always do a backup of image & setting. you then dont need to reconfigure epg and the rest.

you are best updating the box when new update comes out. you may need to usb flash to 5.0.
Ok thank you. Are there ever any issues when restoring your settings after an update?

john doe
13-04-17, 18:34
Ok thank you. Are there ever any issues when restoring your settings after an update?

not if you back everything up first. even if the image changes (like it did a while ago) without restore options, then a fresh flash might be needed and that means you will need to setup everything again. once in a while I always do a fresh install. only takes me 10 minutes to setup everything up

dude1
14-04-17, 00:05
I'd recommend looking in the stickys on the Vix Image Support Discussion page. Find the version your currently on in your information about menu on your box, then have a read to see if you need to do a fresh flash without any settings / plugins restore or if you can do a flash with settings restore.

If you have a lot of custom settings & you need to do a totally fresh setup I use openwebif to screen grab the osd menu pages so I can quickly match them up again after.

Hope that helps :)

bathingaper
14-04-17, 00:16
I'd recommend looking in the stickys on the Vix Image Support Discussion page. Find the version your currently on in your information about menu on your box, then have a read to see if you need to do a fresh flash without any settings / plugins restore or if you can do a flash with settings restore.

If you have a lot of custom settings & you need to do a totally fresh setup I use openwebif to screen grab the osd menu pages so I can quickly match them up again after.

Hope that helps :)
Good shout mate. I usually write the settings down but a screen dump seems quicker.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk