PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Merge bits from other images

smp8
13-04-17, 14:46
Hi

This may be a daft question but I'll ask anyway. Is there a way of taking a bit of one vix image and adding it into an older vix image?

For example, the 'single epg' and the 'epg search results' on the image I'm using at the moment is much better than the 4.1.16 image I want to go back to. Is there a file or folder within my current image that I can save, restore the box back to 4.1.16 then transfer that file?

I imagine I'm way off, but if theres a way, I'd be grateful for details.

Many thanks

ccs
13-04-17, 14:51
Why do you want to go back to 4.1.16? What don't you like/doesn't work in 5.0.009?

smp8
13-04-17, 15:00
I have problems with the timeshift function and the service searching.

Andy_Hazza
13-04-17, 15:55
No issues here on a Vu+ receiver with ABM/Service Searching or Timeshift. I recommend doing a fresh image install of 5.0.11 & setup as new with NO SETTINGS OR PLUGINS Restores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smp8
13-04-17, 16:13
Thanks Andy.

So my cunning plan isnt possible?

abu baniaz
13-04-17, 16:52
It would be beneficial to post full logs of the problems you are experiencing so they can be fixed if possible.

As to your question, yes it is possible provided that there are no dependencies. For python file changes, you can download files and transfer them. Anything in enigma2 will be difficult.

smp8
13-04-17, 18:14
Hi Abu

Thanks for the reply.

I did post some logs on the timeshift issue, but it was never resolved: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56028-Timeshift-fail&highlight=Timeshift+fail

The problem with the service searching is if theres a channel frequency or symbol rate change, I'll scan using the user defined tuner, add the channel to the bouquet, with 5.x.xxx the channel is greyed out and i'm told service is unavailable and check tuner configs. If I go back to image 4.1.16 and import the channel list, that channel is fine.

But, could you give me and idea where I would locate the file/s for the 'single epg' and the 'epg search' in 5.0.009 and I'll see if they'll transfer.

Thanks

abu baniaz
13-04-17, 19:35
The EPG selection issue is complicated if I remember correctly. You can try checking the commit logs for it, I may be mistaken.

The service searching issue was resolved last night. If you want to remain on current image, you can replace the file.

Navigate to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
Rename ServiceScan.pyo to ServiceScan.pyo.orig
Download then extract/unzip attached file
Transfer to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
Restart machine
Refresh Filezilla or whichever FTP client you used
Delete ServiceScan.py from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

smp8
13-04-17, 19:42
Thanks Abu

I'll give it a go.

Appreciate your help.