PDA

View Full Version : Mut@nt HD51 and HD51 multiboot images

twol
13-04-17, 08:44
For anyone that has tried to use the HD51 support for multiple images, there is an obviously an issue with OpenViX and OpenPli images, in so far as there is no support to flip to another image.
The attached program written by Betacentauri allows you to switch images and runs on both OpenPli and OpenViX.

john doe
13-04-17, 10:01
For anyone that has tried to use the HD51 support for multiple images, there is an obviously an issue with OpenViX and OpenPli images, in so far as there is no support to flip to another image.
The attached program written by Betacentauri allows you to switch images and runs on both OpenPli and OpenViX.

would this work on octagon sf4008? am keen to use vix and atv

twol
13-04-17, 11:31
would this work on octagon sf4008? am keen to use vix and atv

Afraid the answer is NO ..... it is purely for the HD51.
Octagon have said they will deliver a HD51-like multiboot facility, but I have doubts on this as many people simply use the OMB (OpenMultiBoot plug in) which I hate .. it works but it is not my favourite piece of software,.. like usb image flashing it comes from the dark ages of computing:)

john doe
13-04-17, 12:06
Afraid the answer is NO ..... it is purely for the HD51.
Octagon have said they will deliver a HD51-like multiboot facility, but I have doubts on this as many people simply use the OMB (OpenMultiBoot plug in) which I hate .. it works but it is not my favourite piece of software,.. like usb image flashing it comes from the dark ages of computing:)

I've seen openmultiboot, which am not keen on. I suppose octagon, at some point will catch up. fingers crossed.

twol
13-04-17, 13:07
I've seen openmultiboot, which am not keen on. I suppose octagon, at some point will catch up. fingers crossed.

Can only join you and hope!!

Sicilian
21-04-17, 11:55

Thanks, made a sticky.

papaluna
02-02-18, 09:18
twol, Thanks for the input

twol
02-02-18, 11:42

Like most images OpenPli now fully support mutiboot on the HD51 and the ability to restart to another image.

TK4|2|1
29-04-18, 12:44
Does vix support multi boot yet?
Or any plans to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk