PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] desn't start after upgrade to 5.0.11

yggdrasill
13-04-17, 08:43
Hi,
I was running Openvix 4.2.030 and it was working fine. Automatic update informed me to do upgrade manually due the new kernel.
I dowloaded latest image 5.0.011 and I flashed.
Decoder started to show the progress bar from 0% to 99% and this is in loop. I waited for 1 hour and the decoder was still in loop.

I had NO prompt to do setting restore, just the progress bar from 0% to 100% in loop.

I downloaded again the image and I did the same again. Same results.
I downloaded the previous one (4.2.030) and the same again.
I downloaded the latest OpenMips and it works perfectly
I re flashed again the OpenVix 5.0.011 and again in loop.

It seems I can't install anymore the OpenVix. But I want to use OpenVix (by the way I have the backup file for the OpenVix)

What can I do now?

Qvic
14-04-17, 11:00
had a similar thing with my mutant hd51, turns out the usb was bad , try formatting to fat 32 with the HP format tool
if this fails try a different usb

mines also looked like it was flashing , box would read the usb see the file & look to have performed the flash but would never finish installing it
tried another usb, formatted as above and worked 1st time ;)

regards

yggdrasill
14-04-17, 15:28
Hello,
thank you for the aswer.
Unfortunately I tried many USB Keys and different usb ports on the decoder.
BTW I tried to format in FAT and FAT32 in case it was a problem and I was using "small" usb keys as suggested from many forums.

What was mot clear is why other images were installing and running without any problem. I suppose there is some garbage left from the previous OPENVIX image that create a mismatch when installing.
I don't have time to do a deep scan to fix this problem so I moved to OPEN ATV that is the closest image to OPENVIX in terms of functionality and operability.
At least this works :p

Thank you

Dark Cloud
14-04-17, 16:08
@yggdrasill,.....your problem reminds of a few years ago when I had the same problem. I almost nearly loaded BlackHole instead.:mad:
But I realised I had left a USB memory stick in the rear of my Solo2. Took it out and Vix loaded and booted properly.

yggdrasill
14-04-17, 20:55
@yggdrasill,.....your problem reminds of a few years ago when I had the same problem. I almost nearly loaded BlackHole instead.:mad:
But I realised I had left a USB memory stick in the rear of my Solo2. Took it out and Vix loaded and booted properly.

:confused:
thank you for your reply
I unplugged everything from the decoder. USB, HDD, or Esata.
I used different usb pens and many images
OPENMIPS -> Worked
OPENHDF -> Worked
OPENATV -> Worked

I tried differente orders and OpenVix in different versions... All 5.x.xx and all 4.x.xx going back and forth
No way.
I'm sorry but I have not enough time to go deeper in the problem. OpenAtv works fine and for the moment I have no freshness to retry again :p
Thank you all

abu baniaz
14-04-17, 21:10
Is this the same issue as here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55483-Boot-loop

patpowell
21-04-17, 19:54
I have a gigblue quad running latest 4.0.Is it ok to go to 5.0 or are their still boot loop isues

abu baniaz
21-04-17, 21:23
I have a gigblue quad running latest 4.0.Is it ok to go to 5.0 or are their still boot loop isues
Some people do, some people don't. I'm guessing it depends on the video output selections being used.

judge
21-04-17, 21:26
I updated a GBQuad last Wednesday without any issues, build 5.0.012 I think.