PDA

View Full Version : Edision OS Mini setup help

Kloppite
09-04-17, 11:28
hi
apologies if this is the incorrect thread but i am completely new to this and need help with setting up my edision os mini with cccam's etc. it came with openatv installed but i have no idea how to tune any channels in or how to even move my motorised dish as i need to be on diseq 1.2.i have tried looking at videos and forums etc and have tried what they are saying but tbh, i dont know what i am doing,i currently have a tm 5402 box which i am fine with but have found this a totally different box, is there a complete beginners guide for the likes of me on here how to set this up from scratch please?
Many thanks

Sicilian
09-04-17, 11:40
hi
apologies if this is the incorrect thread but i am completely new to this and need help with setting up my edision os mini with cccam's etc. it came with openatv installed but i have no idea how to tune any channels in or how to even move my motorised dish as i need to be on diseq 1.2.i have tried looking at videos and forums etc and have tried what they are saying but tbh, i dont know what i am doing,i currently have a tm 5402 box which i am fine with but have found this a totally different box, is there a complete beginners guide for the likes of me on here how to set this up from scratch please?
Many thanks

I think you will fine OpenViX more user friendly.

See www.openvix.co.uk

Use flash guide here: http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/Edision%20USB%20Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20Flash%20a%20Edision%20OS-mini%20receiver%20by%20USB.pdf

More guides here: http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/

As you go through the first install wizard set the tuner to USALS, enter you logitude and latitude.

Once setup install a motorised channel list. Menu > Plugins > Press Green > Settings > Look for Vhannibals motor list.

Softcams can be instal via plugins feeds also, Menu > Plugins > Press Green > Softcams. Once installed FTP your own CCcam.cfg to /etc. To start softcam pless blue button > softcam manager.

Kloppite
09-04-17, 11:49
I think you will fine OpenViX more user friendly.

See www.openvix.co.uk

Use flash guide here: http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/Edision%20USB%20Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20Flash%20a%20Edision%20OS-mini%20receiver%20by%20USB.pdf

More guides here: http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/

As you go through the first install wizard set the tuner to USALS, enter you logitude and latitude.

Once setup install a motorised channel list. Menu > Plugins > Press Green > Settings > Look for Vhannibals motor list.

Softcams can be instal via plugins feeds also, Menu > Plugins > Press Green > Softcams. Once installed FTP your own CCcam.cfg to /etc. To start softcam pless blue button > softcam manager.

Hi
Many thanks for your quick response i will see how i get on with the info you have provided, the only thing is i have to set up as 1.2 as some strong winds have blown my satellite out of signal quite a few times an d i got fed up of paying to get it realigned so i had to go to 1.2 and have remained with it since. i'll see how i get on. Thanks for your reply

Kloppite
09-04-17, 13:11
Hi i think i have decided to send the box back as ive been trying to sort since 6am with no joy, i'll revert back to my TM5402. Thanks for your support though much appreciated

Sicilian
09-04-17, 13:17
Hi i think i have decided to send the box back as ive been trying to sort since 6am with no joy, i'll revert back to my TM5402. Thanks for your support though much appreciated

So your going to return a used box being you cant be bothered to learn something new?? :rolleyes: Theres always going to a learning curve when moving to an Enigma 2 receiver.

The OS Mini will put the TM-5402 to shame once you learned how to use it.

Kloppite
09-04-17, 13:19
tbh i have no idea what im doing thats all

Sicilian
09-04-17, 13:21
tbh i have no idea what im doing thats all

Well what exactly have you done so far? Have you USB re-flashed it as advise?

Sicilian
09-04-17, 13:22
I've created a new thread for you, as the other was on old thread.

Kloppite
09-04-17, 13:31
Well what exactly have you done so far? Have you USB re-flashed it as advise?

Hi
Thanks for the new thread, i know i need to stick with it so here goes:
I have flashed the new image and am now running openvix (latest version) and have (i think) installed the CCcam 2.3.0 but am getting the no config files found error message. As i can only be on diseq 1.2 i have no idea how to tune the dish to get a signal etc, is this related??
Thanks

Sicilian
09-04-17, 13:40
I think you need to go back and fully read my earlier post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kloppite
09-04-17, 13:48
ok thanks for that