PDA

View Full Version : Best combo receiver for full kodi and plays iptv well

alth79
08-04-17, 13:41
Hi all.

Great support forum here - I've had a look through but couldn't find an answer to my question so here goes.

I know it can be down to personal preference but does anyone have any recommendations for a combo receiver (at least two tuners) that can run full kodi? I'I also looking for a reliable iptv service that I would like to watch through the receiver also do something that can handle that will would be required. I've been thinking of the mutant HD51 and the edision of mega but wasn't sure if there are any other receivers to consider?

£200 ish is the max that I would like to pay but could pay a little more if a particular receiver was highly recommended.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and any suggestions would be appreciated. Keep up the good wrk and advice everyone - I'd be lost without it!

Cheers

Sicilian
08-04-17, 13:52
I'd recommend the two you mentioned, HD51 or the OS Mega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
08-04-17, 14:15
I'd recommend the two you mentioned, HD51 or the OS Mega.

Don't know abut the OS Mega, but have Kodi 17.1 on the Arm HD51 receiver and it performs really well ..... I have to say a lot better than my dedicated Android/Kodi box :confused:

Speed is really good, and it works!

kokojnr
08-04-17, 19:55
I use edision OS Mega and kodi runs flawlessly on it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

CcX85
23-04-17, 12:56
Hi thanks for posting this article just the info I needed to know but could I ask do most the boxes allow you to run Kodi 17.1 as I wish to upgrade from my Minix U9-H and have a sat box to make the most of my current iptv services but my preferred brand (vu+) is to costly I have around £150 so what are your recommendations plz and how hard is it to install the extras?

1999gtv
23-04-17, 13:17
Osmega runs kodi 17.1 but is £179 from WOS at moment and if I can set it up anybody can. I do not use a dedicated IPTV service on mine though so unsure how this is set up

Andy_Hazza
23-04-17, 13:24
Keep Satellite & Media (Kodi) & IPTV separate imo.
If you have a Smart TV you can use that for your IPTV. As for Kodi get something like the Wetek Play 2 or A Venz V10 Pro. Just keep Satellite for TV. Thats my opinion n will be a lot of others too if they are honest.

Andy_Hazza
23-04-17, 13:26
Just seen you have a £150 budget, good luck!

Sicilian
23-04-17, 13:48
Hi thanks for posting this article just the info I needed to know but could I ask do most the boxes allow you to run Kodi 17.1 as I wish to upgrade from my Minix U9-H and have a sat box to make the most of my current iptv services but my preferred brand (vu+) is to costly I have around £150 so what are your recommendations plz and how hard is it to install the extras?

Take a look at the OSMega http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision/edision-os-mega-osmega

kokojnr
23-04-17, 17:26
I will second Edision OS mega, use mine for satellite TV, IPTV and Kodi with no problems.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

avalon65
24-04-17, 17:11
Are there any destructions of any kind on how to get kodi onto an enigma satellite box like the HD51.

avalon65
27-04-17, 16:17
Just seen you have a £150 budget, good luck!

Yes that is what I do, kodi is on a dedicated box with all sorts of addons and a vpn, and the satellite box is just that, nothing else added.

gadjit
05-05-17, 23:36
Hi. I'm interested in a hd51 but was wanting something that runs sat and kodi. Atm I have a k1 which runs 28 only (as tuner pathetic ) and kodi and both run well together, now Im After a twin tuner with hdd then with add-on kodi and so I can get euro channels . Advice welcome . Cheers

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Sicilian
06-05-17, 05:51
Hi. I'm interested in a hd51 but was wanting something that runs sat and kodi. Atm I have a k1 which runs 28 only (as tuner pathetic ) and kodi and both run well together, now Im After a twin tuner with hdd then with add-on kodi and so I can get euro channels . Advice welcome . Cheers

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Mutant HD51 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Mutant/mut@nt-mutant-hd51

snootyfox
22-05-17, 19:17
Keep Satellite & Media (Kodi) & IPTV separate imo.
If you have a Smart TV you can use that for your IPTV. As for Kodi get something like the Wetek Play 2 or A Venz V10 Pro. Just keep Satellite for TV. Thats my opinion n will be a lot of others too if they are honest.

Which IPTV app would you recommend Andy :confused:

Andy_Hazza
22-05-17, 20:42
Smart IPTV App seems popular but is to basic for my liking.

Mr. Mister
22-05-17, 22:44
Here is a list of a few apk`s that are pretty decent.. Bare in mind.. They are free.. So obviously not HD quality.. But still decent..

i4sports..
IPTV Daily Updates..
ShowSports
PTV Sport

Dont ask for support.. Google is your friend..

Getrom29
02-06-17, 03:44
I am looking at the xtrend st8500 would that's do kodi 17.3 and iptv need something that also does Freesat that why I'm looking at this box

Sicilian
02-06-17, 06:01
I am looking at the xtrend st8500 would that's do kodi 17.3 and iptv need something that also does Freesat that why I'm looking at this box

ET8500 does not have a Kodi plugin. Take a look at the HD51 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Mutant/mut@nt-mutant-hd51 or the OS Mega http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision/edision-os-mega-osmega

Philinspain
02-06-17, 17:54
Does mutant 1500hd have a kody or iptv plug in please

Sicilian
02-06-17, 19:33
Does mutant 1500hd have a kody or iptv plug in please

No the mutant HD51 does or the Edision os mega.

Newgunner
29-07-17, 01:07
Hello all could I chick the technomate tm twin 4k in the mix and ask for your comments Vs the boxes already mentioned?

Sicilian
29-07-17, 08:30
Hello all could I chick the technomate tm twin 4k in the mix and ask for your comments Vs the boxes already mentioned?

Great box, but does not have a Kodi plugin.

Newgunner
29-07-17, 14:09
I have never used Kodi or IPTV are they the same? I have had a f5s box for years but want to go down the cable route with the option of iptv for future in case needed also want to be able to record and be 4k. Not too much to ask :p any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Andy_Hazza
29-07-17, 16:43
Mut@nt HD51 would be your best bet if you wanted IPTV & Kodi. Great box at a great price. Take a look here >> https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/4k-uhd-digital-receivers/mut@nt-mutant-hd51

Eiji
01-08-17, 03:13
What are my choices for a Kodi combo receiver that has 1x DVB-S2 and 2x DVB-C?

Andy_Hazza
01-08-17, 05:17
Octagon SF4008 rumoured to be getting Kodi. See here for specs >> https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/Octagon/octagon-sf4008-combo-1xdvb-s-s2-s2x-plus-2x-dvb-c-t-t2

pooface
01-08-17, 13:35
What are my choices for a Kodi combo receiver that has 1x DVB-S2 and 2x DVB-C?

As Andy says, if the SF4008 does actually come up with the goods, there's that. Or, you could use the Mutant HD51 with a USB device for the Second DVB-C tuner (have it configured with 1 x DVB-S2 and 1 x DVB-C internal, then a 1 x DVB-C USB tuner)...