PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Stuck on the Openvix boot up screen with menu bar

fishinglady
06-04-17, 01:53
My parents purchased this VU+ Duo TwinTuner HD PVR DVB-S2 Enigma2 with a 500GB HDD and a Alsat V Box 400 GBOX v2000 DISEqc positioner from yourselves. Then later a Rotor sat HH120 DiSEqC 1.2 motor for their dish. My husband updated the receiver in early August 2016 and it was working fine on the 1/1/2017. The receiver was left pluged in but turned off via the remote for three months. When switched back on with the remote on the 2/4/2017 the receiver said "starting" and displayed the opening boot up screen with the revolving VIX and the following statement "This is the last image for the 3.2 branch. Next image must be insalled using image manager or USB stick" for approximately 30 seconds. Then a black screen displaying a statement that the receiver had encountered a software problem with a crash log which stated 10 Error: [Errno 28] no space left on divice.
<59.813440> [MAIN](exit code5)
After 10 seconds this was replaced with the initial start up screen with the menu banner. The date and time were fixed at Thu 01/01/70 01:00:56. No matter what buttons were pressed on the remote the receiver would not respond dispite the green light coming on which indicated the box was reciving the remotes signal.

My husband would have usually fixed this problem for them but unfortunately he has left me and we are going through a divorce. He is not speaking to my parents and I. We need step by step guidence or someone to who we could take the box to update in the South Yorkshire / Derbyshire / Stafordshire / Midlands or Cornwall.
My parents have on their Laptop the following files which my husband installed in August 2016:
Dreambox Edit
Vhannibal E2 Motor 31 lug which contains the bouquets
VuCC_08/ VU+ control center, configuration, instructions.
Tuxbox/ cabels, Satellites, Scart.conf, terrestial & time zone
FileZilla application & extentions, GPL version2, recou533795337653380rces
Enigma2 looks the same as Vhannibal E2 Motor 31 lug
Cfg has CCcam.cfg cam info.
Any information or help would be greatfully recieved as we have little knowledge but willing to learn. Many thanks.

2We really need step by step help.[ATTACH=CONFIG]53376[

abu baniaz
06-04-17, 08:05
The internal flash memory of the receiver is full. It may be possible to delete some files and get receiver to work.

How confident are you with programs like Putty and Flexible?

If that does not work, you will have to install an image.

You have a setup which is not common, best if the settings file is saved to laptop, adapted and replaced on new image.

fishinglady
06-04-17, 11:23
Never done any of this befor but willing to try to learn. I have just downloaded the Putty program but can you give me a link to the Flexible one please ?
I can not at present conect to the receiver, tried it by conecting ethernet cable to laptop but did not work. Please I need a idiots guide with step by step instructions. I am willing and able to learn. Or do you know anyone in the area who we could take the box to for them to do it for us? Willing to pay for this.

abu baniaz
06-04-17, 11:41
the connection is not direct between laptop and receiver. receiver is connected to router by Ethernet cable. Laptop connected to router by Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

Don't worry about Filezila, you can use VuCC.

Post back once you have it connected.

fishinglady
06-04-17, 12:56
connected now thanks

abu baniaz
06-04-17, 13:12
Do you know what the IP address of the receiver is? You can log onto the router and see connected devices.

You have a message BTW.