PDA

View Full Version : [Venton Unibox HDx] Diseq switch settings

beck
05-04-17, 18:52
Hi can someone give me the correct setting for a disecq switchto put in to my box I'm wanting to run 2 lnbs on to shy and the other to hotbird

abu baniaz
06-04-17, 00:06
Tuner configuration is just telling the receiver what you have connected to each tuner.

How many switches do you have?

beck
06-04-17, 11:14
It's a four switch one but just got 2 feeds going in

beck
06-04-17, 20:13
should the setings on tuner config be set in serten way just cant get the switch working

abu baniaz
06-04-17, 20:37
they have to be set how you have it connected.

How many wires from lnb to switch.
How many wires to tuners.

beck
06-04-17, 22:28
2 wires to switch one from sky dish and other form dish pointing at hotbird puzzling thing is that some times i can get them working lets say sky all chanels working then hotbird some chanels but if i put the hot bird feed straight to the box all the chanels work do you think it could be my switch is not working

abu baniaz
06-04-17, 23:30
As mentioned before, in tuner configuration, you are telling the receiver what you have connected to each tuner and how you have connected it.

You are jumping the gun, because the hardware is not connected correctly. You should be asking how to connect up the LNBS and Diseqc switches. I don't mean to cause offence, but if I were the one requiring help, I would put all my cards on the table, instead of having to be asked.

A diseqc switch switches between LNBs. So if you connect two wires from the same LNB, it will be switch from 28.2 to 28.2 again. That is not the way to do it.

I am guessing you have two tuners. If that is the case, you need two diseqc switches. 28.2 LNB will have wire going to both switces, 13e LNB will also have wires to both switches.

As in this picture

Please feel free to post a picture/diagram of how you have connected things up.

beck
07-04-17, 01:06
No i have 2 separate dishes 1 cable from sky dish one cable from the hotbird dish both
Going into the 4/1 disecq switch one cable from a sky minni dish pointing at 28.2 then a another cable coming in from a zone 2 dish pointing at hotbird. So there is 2 lnbs going into the switch and one single cable coming out to the single lnb input at the box tsome times i do get it working but with one satellite working fine and the other working with just a few channels this is usly the hotbird dish but if i take the cable and run it straight to the box all channels work fine but when i run it back through the switch i loose a lot of channels from that dish53383 it's a 4/1 switch not as the pic shows but this is how i have it set up

abu baniaz
07-04-17, 01:13
Draw a diagram and upload it please.

beck
07-04-17, 08:44
Hi please take a look at my last reply a diagram of the set up is attached to my last reply 👌

tomuser
07-04-17, 10:05
Show your Diseqc settings in software too. Physical connection is correct if you put it like in your diagram. If hardware is not defected then it must be settings in software to make it work correct. Basic setup is to choose right satellite (orbital position), put DiSEqC 1.1 (most common one to be sold), LNB1 and Input 1 - LNB number and Input number should be same. And for other satellite position you should put LNB2 and Input 2. If you connect without DiSEqC directly to your receiver each of cable feeds then you should see all channels from current satellite. If that is correct then you have to deal with DiSEqC setup.

abu baniaz
07-04-17, 15:09
His descriptions does not tally with the picture he posted. Best to leave in automatic.

machare
10-04-17, 01:35
I would expect the switch to be Diseqc 1.0,

So for Astra 2, I would select LNB1, Diseqc mode 1.0, DiSEqC 1.0 command Port A;

and for 13E I would select LNB2, DiSEqC mode 1.0, DiSeqC 1.0 command Port B.

The cable from the Sky dish should then go to the first port on the switch, and the cable from the Hotbird dish should go to the 2nd input port on the switch. All the other satellites can be left as not configured.