PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Performing a clean reflash and network settings remotely

rikesh
04-04-17, 16:02
Hello,

I am trying to help someone by remotely flashing their box and resetting completely. The reason, by the way, is that they keep getting errors (Logmanager: can't start new thread, Softcamcheck: can't start new thread), but I can't figure out why. They are already running the latest Vu+ Solo image 3.2.037.

Anyway, what I would like to do is:

1. FTP the image to the box
2. Perform a clean flash of the image
3. Set up the box from scratch

But I need to do this all remotely. The box is connected to the Internet using a WLAN adapter. My question is: is it possible to do a clean flash but preserve wireless network settings (or pack them into the image somehow), so that I can reconnect and continue setup of the box?

Alternatively, is there another approach that I could take remotely?

Many thanks for your help

ccs
04-04-17, 16:12
The "latest" image is in fact the last image, produced over a year ago. There will be no feeds available to restore any plugins, if needed.

rikesh
04-04-17, 16:27
The "latest" image is in fact the last image, produced over a year ago. There will be no feeds available to restore any plugins, if needed.

True but I can upload plugins via FTP

ccs
04-04-17, 16:33
.... as long as you don't need the wifi driver.

rikesh
04-04-17, 17:10
.... as long as you don't need the wifi driver.

I have flashed this image before directly onto the box via USB and no additional drivers were required for the WiFi driver to function, so I believe it will work out of the box.

gear259
05-04-17, 00:44
Does this loads but gets tricky with WiFi. Best solution was to walk them through network settings then could continue myself from there

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk