PDA

View Full Version : Solo 4k working with LG OLED tv

Comfysofa
04-04-17, 15:53
As above - bought myself a spanky new OLED TV and the tv has the option to recognize the VU (its there in its list of compatible boxes) but the only thing that works is the volume up and down - anyone else got one and got the same problem??

Sicilian
04-04-17, 15:56
I've never been even able to get the volume buttons working on mine lol! Switched to a harmony remote.

john doe
04-04-17, 16:26
ive seen this option but never used it. I just use direct from the box

Andy_Hazza
04-04-17, 17:43
As above - bought myself a spanky new OLED TV and the tv has the option to recognize the VU (its there in its list of compatible boxes) but the only thing that works is the volume up and down - anyone else got one and got the same problem??

Where is this in the LG settings so I can take a look on mine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obo110x
04-04-17, 18:13
Same thing with my LG 4K model only volume buttons worked

DaMacFunkin
04-04-17, 18:27
With my Samsung it can control the vu by an IR extender, I can then speak "turn to sky sports 1 HD" and it will turn the VU+ box over.
I can also use the TVs remote to change channel on the VU+ as well.

Comfysofa
04-04-17, 18:51
Ok... But we're talking about the LG here.... It doesn't control the receiver through an ir eye but through the hdmi cec. Just waiting for my daughter finish her Netflix fix.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

twol
04-04-17, 19:59
The one thing you can accept is that all these TV manufacturers are changing their "Smart" TV firmware basically every year, even the Android boxes are not the same .... even if they stick wirh Android, which as Google roll out their own brand will cause issues.

So I would not depend on something on your TV to control anything, but go with something that stays constant as teh hardware/firmware changes ... and for many people that is a Harmony remote (which I don't use ... but agree that it is a pretty good device)

Comfysofa
04-04-17, 21:41
Well... I'm expecting/hoping that a firmware update from one side or the other will sort it out eventually... Already done one one on the TV!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk