PDA

View Full Version : Quad+ Repair available in UK?

filmman
03-04-17, 18:07
Hello, does anyone know if there is anywhere I can send a Gigablue HD Quad Plus for repair in this country? It is stuck on red LED and blank screen so I assume it needs to be Jtagged or something like that. Cost to send back to Germany is too high at the moment. Any help would be most appreciated thank you.
Jonathan.

garryboy
03-04-17, 19:41
Sponsor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filmman
04-04-17, 10:40
Thank you garryboy I did think of that but as I had not purchased the box from them thought it would not be right. However I have since purchased Xtrend and Mutant receivers from them so will give them a try.

garryboy
04-04-17, 10:57
Worth asking. Worst he can say is no. May be able to suggest where you can get it repaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joysleep1
04-04-17, 11:00
Nah i tried to get my xtrend repaired by the sponsor. They said no because i had not bought it from them. In my defense that receiver was not being sold by them when i bought it.

filmman
04-04-17, 11:15
Looks like it will remain an expensive doorstop for now.:(

wullboy
04-04-17, 13:13
Is this any good m8 ...
https://www.orbitadigital.com/en/Receivers/brands/gigablue/1313-gigablue-repair-jtag.html

filmman
04-04-17, 16:20
Thank you Wullboy I did see that but it would be the same problem of cost of sending box abroad which is nearly £60 :-( There is also a repair service in Smethwick but that seems to have closed now sadly.