PDA

View Full Version : [OS-mega] Using Service Alternates

Partymack711
03-04-17, 11:21
Hi,

im looking to understand a bit more about using 'alternative' settings on OpenVix

I know now you can set your preferred alternative tuner between Sat/Cable/Terrestrial and presumably this prioritises which tuner to use when recording?

i also want to know about using alternatives in different bouquets - I think you can nominate an alternative for each channel/service on your favourites. How does this work? Can anyone explain how to go this step by step and how it would benefit user?

i use a mixture of Sat and Terrestrial on my Edision combo, both channel lists are very similar. I would like to nominate a Terrestrial channel as an alternative if I'm watching a Sat channel and a scheduled recording is happening. At the moment a Sat tuner needs to be 'freed' which usually zaps from the service I am watching. I then have to switch to my Terrestrial channel list and find the channel I was watching.

Is is a simpler way to avoid this to use alternatives?

thanks.

judge
03-04-17, 12:19
Bring up your channel list using up/down key.
Highlight the channel you want, let's say BBC 1 on Satellite.
Press menu, choose add alternatives.
Press blue button once to pick an alternative in the same bouquet, twice to change bouquets.
Pick the alternative channel you want, say BBC 1 on terrestrial.
Press menu, choose End alternatives edit.

Now if you have a timer set for BBC 1 on Satellite & the tuner is in use, it will record BBC 1 on terrestrial.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Partymack711
03-04-17, 13:46
That's great Judge!

Sounds like it can do exactly what I'm looking for so.

Will try it this evening.