PDA

View Full Version : Cable Tuner For Vu Duo 2 Or Solo2

crx
01-04-17, 12:26
As above, im looking a cable tuner for either the Solo 2 or Duo 2 or possbily both depending on the price!

What have you got?

Thanks

Sicilian
01-04-17, 12:37
Official VU+ tuner or Sundtek tuner here: http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/USB-Digital-Tuners

chalky
01-04-17, 14:23
If you want a USB tuner I don't think you can go wrong with the VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2 working a treat on terrestrial on my Uno4k , not sure how it works on cable but it's an easy setup on terrestrial

duoduo
02-04-17, 08:21
Glad it's working well for you chalky :thumbsup:

chalky
02-04-17, 19:07
Thanks mate. It has added the missing channels to my customised bouquet and I now also have a triple tuner for the time being before I install a unicable lnb in the future

crx
03-04-17, 21:54
Will I need two tuners if I want to record and watch something else or are they twin tuners in one?

Thanks

tagteam3283
30-04-17, 08:38
Will I need two tuners if I want to record and watch something else or are they twin tuners in one?

Thanks

yes i need to know this before I buy one for my Solo2. If it cant watch and records then It is pointless, I may as well but a new rcvr.

Andy_Hazza
30-04-17, 08:45
yes i need to know this before I buy one for my Solo2. If it cant watch and records then It is pointless, I may as well but a new rcvr.

Of course you need 2x cable tuners to be able to record one & watch another. You are best investing in a new receiver that has cable tuners built in as opposed to usb ones imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
30-04-17, 08:46
BTW the Vu+ Turbo Tuner is just a single tuner.

tagteam3283
30-04-17, 18:45
thanks for the reply guys but im sure ive read somewhere that cable tuners have an in-built splitter which allows a single tuner to watch/ record.

are you saying that this is not the case?

Andy_Hazza
30-04-17, 19:21
Nope, not all tuners have this facility. For example the Vu+ Solo SE v2 has the inbuilt splitter so 1 cable will give you the facility to record one channel and watch another.

tagteam3283
01-05-17, 07:49
nice 1 that explains it then cos that's what i have. the Vu+ SE v2.

i just thought that instead of selling my zero and buying a USB tuner I would get the same result, obviously not!