PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the Latest image for HD51

01-04-17, 08:34
Hi

I have just downloaded the latest image for the mutant HD51 50 008

When i try to use the download plugins section i get the following message "The linux kernal has changed,plugins are not compatible. Install latest image using USB stick or image manager.

Now i'm trying to use the latest image and image manager only brings up a list of download images, which the latest image is there the one i currently have on the receiver.

Any one give me a clue to what i'm doing wrong?

john doe
01-04-17, 08:45
the most updated image is 5.0 009. I would either restart box and see if it works or reflash it again

01-04-17, 08:57
5.0.008 is the latest image according to the openvix website.

Ive tried restarting the receiver and reflashing, same error message

Sicilian
01-04-17, 08:59
Just released 5.0.009 on www.openvix.co.uk

01-04-17, 09:04
Its just appeared on the website now, i'll try that. thanks

kooleracer
05-04-17, 12:33
I really need some help, i have tried 3 usb drivers all formated in FAT32 in all the three ports of the HD51 but it won't flash. Also i tried to install a new image via the ViX Image manager after it downloands (5.0.009) and i select to install it give stop sign in the top right of the GUI. How do i upgrade to a new image? I have read to flash tuturial and i have installed images before via USB or the Image manager on the HD51 so I am totally clueless now..:confused:

Ashley69
05-04-17, 12:37
Are you pressing the power button on the front when you s power your box up.

ccs
05-04-17, 12:44
Image manager couch flash not available on HD51.

Joe_90
05-04-17, 12:44
You can't install images via the image manager using ViX on the HD51, so forget that method! You need to use the USB stick method. Press the button on the HD51 and hold it in when you have the stick inserted.

I use the front USB port and a very old HP-branded 4GB USB stick for all my flashing - on HD51, on Miraclebox Twin and on GB Quad Plus. Works every time. I have several other USB sticks, some which will work on the Quad, but not on the Miraclebox etc. So it's a bit of a lottery what will work. I also have a SanDisk 4GB stick which will work in all my boxes. The trick is to find a particular stick which will work for you and keep using it. Usually SanDisk or Transcend sticks with capacities of 8GB or below should work. The HP USB Storage Format Tool may be of help to re-format a particular stick to enable it to work.

kooleracer
05-04-17, 13:02
I ofcourse held the front button. I use a 1GB Kingston data traveler. USB but stil no luck. I have it formated in FAT32. Still no joy I will buy a new USB and let you know.

Joe_90
05-04-17, 13:08
Try googling the HP USB format Tool and re-format your Kingston with it. Kingston should work also in the lower capacities, so it's a bit odd that it was working but now is not. The various E2 boxes seem to be very fussy about the USB stick type. It's not just a matter of whether they are in FAT32 format - the internal machine-level controller data seems to be important too.

kooleracer
05-04-17, 13:22
HP Tool can't format: "The disk is write protected"

Joe_90
05-04-17, 13:52
You may have some registry issue (I'm assuming you're using MS Windows?). I can't really help further as I use linux as my main desktop and don't have issues like this. Maybe just buy a cheapie Kingston or Sandisk 4/8GB stick from your local shop/supermarket? Someone with experience of using the HP Tool may respond on the thread.

twol
05-04-17, 13:56
Try googling the HP USB format Tool and re-format your Kingston with it. Kingston should work also in the lower capacities, so it's a bit odd that it was working but now is not. The various E2 boxes seem to be very fussy about the USB stick type. It's not just a matter of whether they are in FAT32 format - the internal machine-level controller data seems to be important too.

As you have said, smaller, older sticks seem better - and when they work protect them:)
However, on the very few occasions I have had to usb flash my HD51 and SF4008 I really find them really tempermental .. don't know if it's the Arm processor, speed or what, but I have had issues even with my old faithful sticks.
Just pleased its rare for me to have to usb flash unless I mess up an Image completely:)

twol
05-04-17, 13:59
HP Tool can't format: "The disk is write protected"

Google the stick, some of these can be write protected, otherwise assuming Win 10, right click on the HP tool exec and then properties and change to run in compatibility mode for Win 7 and run as Admin

kooleracer
09-04-17, 16:06
I got the new USB : Kingston Datatraveler50 8GB. It working now ! :thumbsup:

Joe_90
10-04-17, 12:37
Good man! Glad you got it sorted. Finding a working stick is a bit like voodoo, sometimes...

liverpoolee
20-05-17, 09:36
I was having a nightmare myself last night trying to put new vix image on. I've been using the same old kingston usb for years and it's worked on every box. Not last night though. It froze every time. the only image i could get on was openpli.
I gave up at 2.30 am. Woke up this morning, went through exactly the same procedure and it worked first time.
As someone said, guard these old usb sticks with your life because the new ones don't work.