PDA

View Full Version : Satellite List

micscave
16-05-10, 15:18
I'm up & running sort of. I'm using DreamElite 1.3.2 with my motorised on tuner A and fixed dish on tuner B looking at astra. .I've scanned in the astra channels just to check out that the picture looks ok but what is the best way to get a satellite list onto the box.
Is there a sat list plugin ?

I've also tried to FTP the latest Cajton list to the box but I'm not really sure about that caper yet.
I open DreamBoxEdit & choose FTP. I've made sure it can see the box. I then choose the folder via the browse button. I can see the file in the local directory but when I hit the send files to dreambox button I get an error message (last bit) contains no "services or lamedb" file. I've looked in the folder and there is a lamedb file. I also have a tick in the Auto Reload Settings Enigma2 box.

Any ideas fellas as I'm trying to save time after my mammouth 14 hour first flash episode yesterday ?

Many thanks

micscave
16-05-10, 15:20
Damn no edit button *mammoth

Sicilian
16-05-10, 15:37
Check out this post. You need to click on the lamedb file to open the settings/bouquets in Dreamboxedit. Once open press the FTP button in dreamboxedit.

micscave
16-05-10, 15:54
Cheers sic, nearly there with that info, however when I hit the send files to dreambox button I get this in the FTP Log :
Connecting to 192.168.1.6.
Connected.
Could not login to Dreambox. Check username and password.
Disconnecting.
Disconnected.

Now I seem to remember reading about this elsewhere in another thread. Do I need to change username & password ? If so , how ?
Sorry about all the questions but this is my first linux experience.

Cheers

grtmoby
16-05-10, 16:17
by default the password field is empty. sometimes u need to set a password so that ftp can work correctly. to set a password use telnet.

Sicilian
16-05-10, 16:23
Dreamboxedit works fine just with the username root. Check that you've set the profile correctly in dreamboxedit for your vu+.

micscave
16-05-10, 16:50
I've just tried to look at the screenshot in your basic setup procedure for dummies guide but i have a red x where the pic should be. Strange as I was looking at it earlier.

here's what I have in options/profiles : ip address is correct and ports are set to default (80 & 21)
if I test ip connection it is successful
if I test username & password i get : could not login to username "root" & password "dreambox"
check the username & password & try again.

In FTP type I have a dot in passive should it be in active ?

Cheers

Sicilian
16-05-10, 17:05
leave the password blank. Remove dreambox in the password field, unless you've set a password in your current image.

micscave
16-05-10, 17:39
Ok i removed dreambox from password field but have to leave root as username. The file is loaded up and i hit send files to dreambox and i get ib the ftp log :
Connected.
Dreambox response: Login successful.
** Getting directory list /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/* **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/lamedb" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer aborted
Error sending file "lamedb" to the Dreambox.
Disconnecting.
Disconnected.

Puzzled, any ideas sic ?

catseye
16-05-10, 18:21
Ok i removed dreambox from password field but have to leave root as username. The file is loaded up and i hit send files to dreambox and i get ib the ftp log :
Connected.
Dreambox response: Login successful.
** Getting directory list /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/* **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/lamedb" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer aborted
Error sending file "lamedb" to the Dreambox.
Disconnecting.
Disconnected.

Puzzled, any ideas sic ?

Check your IP number for your vu box m8-make sure all programs that use or need your box ip number all have the same one -Such Dreambox Edit, DCC-

Also with regards to password i had a few problems with it

So using DCC program select Telnet then type passwd & enter

Give box new password
Enter password again & should see line of new password changed

Then start up DCC or Dreambox Edit type in new password

Then try accessing box -hope this helps

Sicilian
16-05-10, 19:07
When you save the profile in Dreamboxedit, click on version 3 engima2, then click save. Look at the file paths in this screenshot: -

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=336

micscave
16-05-10, 19:38
Cheers mate that worked. Sent me dish all the way west whilst looking for thor though. My usuals settings are correct I think so I gotta look into this a bit further.

Thanks everyone for your help & I guess you'll be hearing from me again soon, I've not even looked into cccam yet lol.

JimEvo2
16-05-10, 21:56
I should have read this page before posting my own stuff ! LOL

Anyway I've learnt a bit, now how do I update the bouquets and get into this ftp' ing stuff ?

satmanbasil
17-05-10, 01:00
Hi mates

I use Dreamset to load my settings into the vu+ quite simple to do once loaded go to set-up and input

Config Title : name u may give your VU+

Box IP : 192.xxx.xxx.xxx (your vu+ IP)

User Name : Root

Password : leave blank or input set password

firmware: leave as custom

software: enigma2 ver4

satellite xml: /var/tuxbox/

services Bouquets : /var/etc/enigma2

FTPport: 21
Http port: 80 These should be default
telnet port: 23

Once done u can test the config if all goes well a pop up box will say IP & pw are ok sat xml & service ok and that the box is using engigma 2 ver4. once u have this message all is ok then save your config.

Now all u need to do is open a setting file (lamedb) of your choice and edit the birds you dont wish to have when your happy with all that u done then just click on tranfer and write this will send the data to your vu+ reboots your box but i have found it best to restart again after just to make sure. dreamset is a very easy program to use to edit add pids and transponders etc why not give it a go

regards
satmanbasil

micscave
22-05-10, 02:48
I've just put Sics new satellite list on my box to have a look & then put the one I was using before back on via dreambox edit. I now have all satellites & channels in duplicate. How do I get rid of the duplicat list please ?

Many thanks

Sicilian
22-05-10, 05:45
I've just put Sics new satellite list on my box to have a look & then put the one I was using before back on via dreambox edit. I now have all satellites & channels in duplicate. How do I get rid of the duplicat list please ?

Many thanks

Send the settings again with Dreamboxedit, but this time when you press FTP make sure the box 'Remove unused bouquets from Dreambox' is checked. See screenhot below ;)

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=407

micscave
22-05-10, 08:27
Cheers for that. I saw that but wasn't sure. If I send your file over & I already have a different one in the box, do I use that option too, or is it just if you're sending one that has already been on before.

Many thanks

Sicilian
22-05-10, 08:30
Cheers for that. I saw that but wasn't sure. If I send your file over & I already have a different one in the box, do I use that option too, or is it just if you're sending one that has already been on before.

Many thanks

Always check that box if your sending settings/bouquets packs over, otherwise you could end up with duplicates.

micscave
22-05-10, 08:43
Cheers sic, learning all the time.

specialized
26-05-10, 14:45
im having the same problem with dreamboxedit.im quite converse with the program and for whatever reason it will not connect.i just keep getting " failed to connect to dreambox IP ......" even though used telnet to set a password and i can connect with flashxp.
i read through the thread but i might just me missing something as to why .

Sicilian
26-05-10, 14:58
Have another read of post no.11 of this thread and also this guide http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit ;)

Conaxthewarrior
09-11-10, 19:55
After some time , I have managed to recieve and upload files to my VU+ Duo using dreambox edit but I get a "failed to connect to dreambox" error returned when clicking the "test ip connection" button. Strange, since there must be a connection as I can download / upload files, so why the "failed connection" answer? Any ideas anyone?

jas
06-01-11, 17:40
Hi all
I am using VU+ solo and getting "Error sending file "lamedb" to the Dreambox" when sending new bouquet (SlyUK Bouquets v3.7.0 November 4th By B16MCC). I am using latest DreamBoxEdit 4.????? and selecting E2 etc.

Solo is on vix1.1 it is also crashing showing green screen with differenr writing everytime.

Any help please.

Thanks

Larry-G
06-01-11, 18:05
that bouquet is now very out of date. try one of the latest ones by silverfox.