PDA

View Full Version : new set up on vix

micknmazza
31-03-17, 20:53
hi ,ive just recieved my new box,finally set everything up,just fishing for a little advice,running the latest vix,best skins,plugins ,etc,easiest set up for recording,oh and how do you get the hbbtv thing,cant find it anywhere,thanks in advance.

micknmazza
01-04-17, 08:05
should read, what are the best skins,plugins,etc,and the easiest set up recording wise:)

01-04-17, 08:52
Hi

Did you have any issues downloading anything from the plugins section?
I'm using the latest openvix image and i'm not able to use the plugins section, i've no options to download anything, i'm stuck with the standard skin.

Regarding recording you will need to set up your HDD, that's something i can help you with

duoduo
01-04-17, 09:00
should read, what are the best skins,plugins,etc,and the easiest set up recording wise:)

Hi fella,

The best thing I can suggest is to try each for yourself, there are some great skins available on the feeds, I prefer youvix blue. Recording to hdd is best imo. Depends what you want to watch or do re plugins to download.

DaMacFunkin
01-04-17, 10:52
I don't know how fast that box is in practice, but i would keep it very simple if i was you.

micknmazza
01-04-17, 11:34
plugins section working ok,downloaded softcam and vix sky blue skin ok,the hdd was pre fitted and set up for recording,just wondered if different skins worked better than others,recording wise,or if there are any recording timer plugins.

micknmazza
01-04-17, 11:39
damacfunkin,keep it simple,do you mean as little plugins as possible,basic skin.

DaMacFunkin
01-04-17, 11:46
Yes i do mean that, also vix has an extensive built in recording section, with one hit timers, duration timers, or series timers, no need for an extra pug in.

micknmazza
01-04-17, 13:53
thank you for the advice,keep the set up as basic as possible,im sure the mrs will get to grips with the recording process,mmm,should have got a bigger hdd,lol.