PDA

View Full Version : 2nd receiver arriving 2mo

Wingding86
30-03-17, 23:44
Just looking a bit of clarification really as to if this is possible...

Currently using a os mini which is great, and xtrend 7000 arriving 2mo which I'm going to try putting a dif skin on just for practice and cos it's different.

1. Am I correct in thinking I can set the new box up and have it beside current box and use the other part of the satellite cable coming from dish into it's tuner to in theory give me like a twin tuner? I know I'd have to flick between hdmi channels for each box.

2. When looking on my mini's menu, I can see an option for fallback receiver, which I've seen In threads a while back. Am I correct in thinking that I get my new box set up, can throw it up in my bedroom without any sat feed and use it to stream whatever I was watching downstairs?

Cheers for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
30-03-17, 23:56
2. Yes.
However, you can watch whatever you want. As you only have one signal wire, if the receiver downstairs is in use, you can only watch channel on the same frequncy

Wingding86
31-03-17, 00:00
Cheers mate. I'll look into that at some point

imish
31-03-17, 14:06
1. Am I correct in thinking I can set the new box up and have it beside current box and use the other part of the satellite cable coming from dish into it's tuner to in theory give me like a twin tuner? I know I'd have to flick between hdmi channels for each box.

what is it that you are trying to acheive?

Wingding86
31-03-17, 14:12
Kind of have one as like tuner a and then tuner b so I can record on one and flick hdmi to watch the other.

techygirl
31-03-17, 18:31
Watch out for potential remote control problems.

I have an ET8500 and an Octagon SF128 (cabled through to the kitchen) next to each other and the Octagon remote brings up menus on the ET8500 (although it doesn't happen the other way round). We constructed a rudimentary wooden screen which we move in front of the STB that we are not operating.

birdman
31-03-17, 20:48
Watch out for potential remote control problems....I have a flap of black cardboard over the mid-front of one of the receivers that I can flip back onto its top. And a book that I can conveniently sit in front of teh other one when I do.

I can also control either from a laptop/phone rather than using the remote.

DaMacFunkin
01-04-17, 07:06
Just looking a bit of clarification really as to if this is possible...

Currently using a os mini which is great, and xtrend 7000 arriving 2mo which I'm going to try putting a dif skin on just for practice and cos it's different.

2. When looking on my mini's menu, I can see an option for fallback receiver, which I've seen In threads a while back. Am I correct in thinking that I get my new box set up, can throw it up in my bedroom without any sat feed and use it to stream whatever I was watching downstairs?

Cheers for any help.

IF you put them both together and have a signal wire going into each, you can set up remote tuner fallback and watch one channel, whilst recording another without having to switch the HDMI over...
Use the fastest box as Master and the slower one as fallback.

imish
01-04-17, 10:44
Kind of have one as like tuner a and then tuner b so I can record on one and flick hdmi to watch the other.

to do that you need two feeds from the dish for it to be practical.

Yes - with one feed you can achieve the results ONLY on channels that share the same transponder but seriously that isn't practical and not workable.

DaMacFunkin
01-04-17, 10:50
to do that you need two feeds from the dish for it to be practical.

Yes - with one feed you can achieve the results ONLY on channels that share the same transponder but seriously that isn't practical and not workable.

If you read the original post he seems to insinuate he has a shotgun feed into the room, one is connected to his current single tuner and he would then be able to connect the other feed to the new single tuner box.
That's the way i read it.

Wingding86
01-04-17, 14:50
If you read the original post he seems to insinuate he has a shotgun feed into the room, one is connected to his current single tuner and he would then be able to connect the other feed to the new single tuner box.
That's the way i read it.

Yeah that's the setup, although I think I'm going to just go with the fallback option for upstairs