PDA

View Full Version : How To Overwrite Existing Image

erinville
30-03-17, 14:50
I installed the OpenSpa 6.0 image to have a play around with it, but I don't like the image.
I put HD Freaks 6.1 on a USB to flash that image to the receiver instead.
My problem is that when I power off the receiver & then restart it with the USB in the rear of the receiver the OpenSpa image keeps coming up & the HD Freaks 6.1 OpenHDF image fails to kick in.
Is there a way that I can get this image to "force" an update?

john doe
30-03-17, 14:52
you should be able to flash image over an old one. the other option, and I don't know much about those images, is to restore a backed up image.

twol
30-03-17, 15:01
reformat USB to fat32, try again
try another usb
rename noforce to force (but if it cannot see the image .........)

erinville
31-03-17, 13:43
Thanks guys.
I had to revert back to HD Freaks 5.5 and it worked.
It seems that version 6.0 and 6.1 won't overwrite for some reason.
I like the image, especially the big font all round.
The font in the synopsis of a programme is fine and big too.
It's a pity that Openvix don't have fonts as big as this.
I know that there may be a font magnifier in Plugins, but I don't know how to set it up properly so that the programme synopsis is in a big font.
Do you have any ideas so that I can try Openvix with a big programme synopsis and when I go into the EPG that I can get the big writing synopsis too?
The reason I ask this is because some of my recordings seem to tape the wrong programme at times & my "time" is set to London, Dublin.

Andy_Hazza
31-03-17, 13:46
Thanks guys.
I had to revert back to HD Freaks 5.5 and it worked.
It seems that version 6.0 and 6.1 won't overwrite for some reason.
I like the image, especially the big font all round.
The font in the synopsis of a programme is fine and big too.
It's a pity that Openvix don't have fonts as big as this.
I know that there may be a font magnifier in Plugins, but I don't know how to set it up properly so that the programme synopsis is in a big font.
Do you have any ideas so that I can try Openvix with a big programme synopsis and when I go into the EPG that I can get the big writing synopsis too?
The reason I ask this is because some of my recordings seem to tape the wrong programme at times & my "time" is set to London, Dublin.

If you use the Confluence skin in ViX then you will have Big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erinville
31-03-17, 14:08
Thanks.
How do I go about doing this?

john doe
01-04-17, 08:40
you have to be on vix to get the skin. plugins/download/skins/find skin and install.

erinville
01-04-17, 11:50
Many thanks.