PDA

View Full Version : OpenVIX Update

gumsy52
30-03-17, 13:08
Hi can anyone step me through how to update Vu+ solo2 from 4.2 to 5 please

john doe
30-03-17, 13:14
download latest image to desktop, put the file into a usb (make sure you back up your image and settings). switch receiver off from back, plug usb in front usb port, switch on from back, a message will appear, press power button on box, flashing in process, wait till box restarts fully and take out usb. follow instructions. just restore plug-ins .

the other option is crouch flash, download image and flash, make sure you back up everything

tomuser
03-04-17, 10:26
the other option is crouch flash, download image and flash, make sure you back up everything
Is Peter still on this kind of business? ;)

Phaeton
23-04-17, 08:31
make sure you back up everything

Can I ask how exactly you do that, I'm still running Version 4 Build 003 everything is fine so part of me thinks leave well alone, but by the same token it's over a year old so I really ought to update. I have gone into Backup manager & created a new backup, is it simple a matter of ssh'ing into the box & retrieving this file in case it all goes pear shaped? If so what is the location? Are there any other files I need?

Andy_Hazza
23-04-17, 08:41
Can I ask how exactly you do that, I'm still running Version 4 Build 003 everything is fine so part of me thinks leave well alone, but by the same token it's over a year old so I really ought to update. I have gone into Backup manager & created a new backup, is it simple a matter of ssh'ing into the box & retrieving this file in case it all goes pear shaped? If so what is the location? Are there any other files I need?

You can't restore any backups on ViX 5.0 from any image less than 4.2, so 4.1, 4.0 etc are out the question. FYI, the Backup you made in 4.0 is safe & will be stored on your HDD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
23-04-17, 08:43
If you go back into Backup and press the menu button, it will show where it is saved (same for ImageManager). So check or change location to something useful like usb.
... otherwise do as John Doe says.,,, except i assume the downloaded image needs to be unzipped and the contents moved to the USB.
Personally, I would couch flash using ImageManager

Phaeton
23-04-17, 13:20
Personally, I would couch flash using ImageManager
Apologies for the seemingly newbie questions rather than searching, I've found all the backups & SSH'd copies of them onto the laptop, but the above comment seems to indicate that I don't have to download & copy onto a USB stick & that I can just go to Image Manager, then Yellow to Downloads, then download latest image which I have done, then do I just select it?

Andy_Hazza
23-04-17, 13:27
You would select the image you have downloaded in IM Yes & then press the Blue button to Restore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phaeton
23-04-17, 15:54
Once again Thank You, I now know what my Tuesday night will consist of when the dragon goes out, lord forgive me if it's not working when she gets back!