PDA

View Full Version : Highlighting Subtitled Programmes in Guide

ItFellOnDeafEars
27-03-17, 14:21
Hi all

As a Deaf person who is heavily reliant on subtitles for viewing pleasure, Sky have an accessibility option on their box where one can enable that subtitled programmes appear highlighted in their TV guide.

https://res.cloudinary.com/hugoaoilw/image/upload/dv55tv9alvuirbshgz6r

I, along with many other Deaf users I'm sure, would sorely love a similar option with the Engima 2 box but cannot seem to find anything in the set up menu.

Would this be a skin modification feature or...??? I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

(running OpenVix 4.2 on Gigablue Quad Plus)

kiddac
27-03-17, 19:57
I have been looking at the code of this and I don't think it's possible.

Here is a technical explanation for those that might know better than me. I am a skinner not an Enigma2 programmer so these are just my observations.

The epg uses the component epglist.py to build all the epg screens.

It references all the data from epgcache.
A good reference to the parameters of epgcache can be found here
http://mslowik.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/enigma2-eepgcache-opis-klasy-i.html

epgCache just references things like Event ID, Event Begin Time, Event Title, Short Description, Extended Description, Service Ref, Service Name, and flags
Now looking at that blog there is no reference to subtitles or anything else of this nature.

The epg does allow you to colour recordings and zapping functions. But these are referenced from the timers and not the epgcache. So again no reference to subtitles.

On other screens we can reference the subtitles via something like this.

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="o-icons/subtitles.png" position="1219,94" size="21,20" zPosition="10" alphatest="blend">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">SubtitlesAvailable</convert>
<convert type="ConditionalShowHide" />
</widget>

This is cross referencing the converter serviceinfo.py

I am not entirley sure, but I think this only works for the current service and nothing else. So maybe it is no good for anything other than the current service.

Therefore if someone can combined a reference from serviceinfo.py and put it in epglist.py then in theory it wouldn't be too difficult to add in extra elements for the epg. Things like
AccessibilityForegroundColor=""
AccessibilityForegroundColorSelected=""
AccessibilityBackgroundColor=""
AccessibilityBackgroundColorSelected=""

Then the skinner can just add these components to their skin.

Unfortunately though, via looking at the code. I don't think it is as simple as I have outlined above.

Any geniuses out there ;)