PDA

View Full Version : OS Mega front display gone strange since update

gadget-man
26-03-17, 20:26
My front display on my OS Mega has gone a bit strange since I updated to 5.0.008 yesterday.

It used to display "ITV London H" and Now displays "ITV Lond" with a small HD icon and a small Dolby digital icon above it. Don't remember these icons ever being there before.

And when on standby it used to display the date and time, now it displays "26 Mar 2"

It's as if the right hand part of the display is not showing anything now.

I've had a look at the settings and turned the box on and off again but still the same.

Anyone else have this issue.

Thanks.

abu baniaz
26-03-17, 20:34
In the front panel settings, you can change the date options.

Which was the last image that was fine?

gadget-man
26-03-17, 22:17
I seem to remember the previous version was fine 5.0.007 but thinking about it now it also coincides with the British summer time clock going forward one hour. So maybe that's what caused it.

I have never had to look in those settings before as the display was always fine.

danlou
26-03-17, 22:29
My front display on my OS Mega has gone a bit strange since I updated to 5.0.008 yesterday.

It used to display "ITV London H" and Now displays "ITV Lond" with a small HD icon and a small Dolby digital icon above it. Don't remember these icons ever being there before.

And when on standby it used to display the date and time, now it displays "26 Mar 2"

It's as if the right hand part of the display is not showing anything now.

I've had a look at the settings and turned the box on and off again but still the same.

Anyone else have this issue.

Thanks.

Yes, I can confirm I am experiencing the same situation as you.
I think I was on version 5.006 but can't recall because there seems to be a daily update at the moment!

It's not causing any functional problem with the box.

gadget-man
27-03-17, 07:56
Ok thanks, hopefully it will get resolved soon.

gadget-man
27-03-17, 19:25
Restored back to 5.0.007 and it's back to normal again now.

So it did relate to 5.0.008.

kokojnr
27-03-17, 21:29
Just had a look at mine, got exactly same problem as you

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
27-03-17, 22:22
There was a driver commit on 24/03/17 dealing with the front display. AFAIK, nothing else in image has changed in this regard.

Sicilian
28-03-17, 06:29
I'll check this out and report to Edision. There was a driver update to get some front panel icons working.

gadget-man
01-04-17, 18:49
Thanks for reporting the issue to Edision.

I tried the re-released 5.0.008 and the latest 5.0.009 versions just for test and the displays still goes strange as above.

So I'm having to stay on 5.0.007 for now.

Also god knows what happened when I put 5.0.009 on because my sky free to air channels where suddenly all in Arabic :D

sigpark
21-04-17, 11:41
Another question along the lines of the OS Mega Display that you all may be able to help with? You will see from Edision site a picture below of the OS Mega showing both a "green" and "red" light to the right. I assumed the red is for a recording, but it does not light when I record or when there is an active webif session. I have also yet to see the green.

Can you confirm what they are for, and if their functionality is impacted by this current driver issue please? Nothing in the brief manual contained in the box. Thanks

1999gtv
21-04-17, 13:48
Only half the width of my Osmega seems to be in use and it does not matter which image I use on it. Driver issue or something similar I suspect, none of the right side of the screen seems to be available

sigpark
21-04-17, 16:10
Only half the width of my Osmega seems to be in use and it does not matter which image I use on it. Driver issue or something similar I suspect, none of the right side of the screen seems to be available

Gotcha - thanks. For info when the driver is fixed can somebody indicate the function of the "Green" indicator, and confirm the "Red" indicator is recording? Thanks

sigpark
23-04-17, 23:11
You will see from Edision site a picture below of the OS Mega showing both a "green" and "red" light to the right. I assumed the red is for a recording, but it does not light when I record or when there is an active webif session. I have also yet to see the green.

Can you confirm what they are for, and if their functionality is impacted by this current driver issue please? Nothing in the brief manual contained in the box. Thanks

Have restored to 5.0.007 and agree get full VFD display. I see a "blinking" tiny green identifier for each press of the remote, BUT nothing that is RED for recording or any other function? The picture in "quote" is from Edision site, so assume I am missing something? Please explain Green and Red in display, Thanks

sigpark
27-04-17, 18:29
Have restored to 5.0.007 and agree get full VFD display. I see a "blinking" tiny green identifier for each press of the remote, BUT nothing that is RED for recording or any other function? The picture in "quote" is from Edision site, so assume I am missing something? Please explain Green and Red in display, Thanks

For those interested: Flashing Green in display is receiving remote control command and Red in display per earlier picture indicates Deep Standby Power mode.

It is intended that Recording is indicated as follows:

I think it will all be clear after the driver fix is released